Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A quick jaunt around the garden...

Hello!
When all other inspiration (for a post) has gone, the garden is always a lovely place to provide some.
Here's a quick walk around some of our lovelies:

Now, I'm hoping you'll close your eyes to the weeds etc that will pop up here and there.  If nothing else, the birds love to nibble on them!


So happy to see how my seeds of "Western Australian Daisies" are emerging.
A nice mix by the looks!


I always love it when those delicate little Begonia flowers start to peep out from the jungle.  Bringing up the rear are some Epis that are in bud... I forget what colour they are, so another nice surprise in store.


Our Loquat Tree has been inundated with flocks of Musk Lorikeets... they gorge and gorge.
We don't often see this type of Parrot, so it's been a real treat.



Poppies and Pansies (Johnny-Jump-Ups) are looking a bit worse for wear in the recent heat we've been having, but they're still beautiful.

Looking out from the verandah, this succulent came from my Mum's garden.  I haven't repotted it as she added other little tiny plants which show themselves during the year.
It continues to do well, albeit a bit gnarly in spots ... lol, kind of like us!

Here's the front view

... and the full view

Last, but by no means least, hanging in the verandah is the new addition of this gorgeous Fuchsia... a beautiful gift by some lovely friends.
I've filled the Header with other shots of this lovely.

~ Thanks for joining me, take care and have a great rest of the week ~ 

52 comments:

  1. Your garden looks gorgeous Sue, so many beautiful flowers. And the parrot - what to see it. We have a lot of parrots here in the town, although they are not natives here. They must be 'escaped ones', who joined together to make a flock and they live in the parks and streets of the town centre in Dusseldorf! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Valerie.
      We were very surprised as this was the first time we can remember the Musk Lorikeet visiting here... perhaps they're like your 'escapees' from different parts! :D)

      Delete
  2. The brightly coloured parrot reflects the same brightly colored flowers found in your garden - Beautiful:) Keep enjoying your garden Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you've put that Annie, thank you :D)

      Delete

  3. Oooh, I really envy your beautiful garden full of wonders! It is me here in the northern corner of the world to believe that there is a parrot in your garden 🌱😮
    Have great time 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky with these pretty visitors Sirkkis, and we take delight in each one and am glad you did too :D)

      Delete
  4. Hello Sue, your flowers are beautiful. I enjoyed the walk around your gardens. The Lorikeet is beautiful. I willed be thrilled to have these birds in my garden. Lovely post. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Eileen.
      We loved watching them from the kitchen window and I crept closer and closer for photos, they didn't mind at all :D)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this lovely stroll through your garden! That parrot is amazing Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Christine, thank you for popping in :D)

      Delete
  6. Your garden, Sue, is quite the little Paradise. The delicacy of the poppies and pansies delights my eyes, warms and softens my heart. Even the weeds are acceptable.
    I'm greatly in love with the loquat fruit and envy you for having them in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are really appreciated Duta, it's that seemingly 'messy' combination of everything that I love about a garden - each plant or weed attracts some new visitor :D)

      Delete
  7. weeds...what weeds?? i didn't see any!!! your garden is delightful, really!! adding that colorful parrot, oh well, that is just living color too!!

    i miss my pretty flowers right now as we approach our cold season. sharing yours, here, will be enjoyed by many!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, a walk in the garden always puts a new slant on my day and I'm really happy you enjoyed it too :D)

      Delete
  8. Hello dear Sue!
    Your garden is so beautiful with all those preety flowers and blooms! It’s like a paradise with the pansies and my favorite Fuchsia!! My brother hasn’t seen in Melbourne poppies so i must inform him to look at the countryside ! He loves poppies,because here in Greece you can find them everywhere in Spring!
    Great capture of the colorful parrot!Love your gorgeous header!! Thank you for sharing this beauty!
    Wishing you a lovely week ahead! Hugs!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dimi, those poppies came from seeds my Dad gave me a few years ago, I scattered them and they come up in profusion in the backyard. I do love them and I've also enjoyed seeing them in some of your posts from Greece... I can see why your brother would miss them :D)

      Delete
  9. Dear Sue what a wonderful treat to see not only your gorgeous garden but the stunning parrot. Truly it was a delightful visit. Hope you have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really lucky to have these birds visit that's for sure. I was thrilled to be able to take the photos too - a double treat. Lovely to see you thanks for leaving your comment Debbie :D)

      Delete
  10. I loved my walk in your beautiful flower garden Sue.
    Weeds can be beautiful, too and as you said birds love to eat their seeds.

    Big Hugs Dear Sue 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good Jan, thank you for your lovely words, hugs back :D)

      Delete
  11. Such beautiful plants and flowers, but my favorite still is the parakeet. Such colorful birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carola - yes, as Debbie above commented they're living colour (in the garden). Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  12. Oh! You have summer there! Lovely flowers;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Anne, warm days and some rain last night - the garden is very happy! :D)

      Delete
  13. Las flores siempre se ven bonitas, lo mismo que el lorito. Un abrazo y feliz continuación de semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "The flowers always look pretty, the same as the parrot. A hug and a happy continuation of the week."

      Thanks so much Teresa, and I hope the rest of your week is happy too. I enjoyed your visit :D)

      Delete
  14. Always lovely to see a post from you.
    Many thanks for the flower pictures and WOW the Fuchsia is beautiful, both on your post and in your new header.

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, thanks for your visit and it was lovely reading your comment :D)

      Delete
  15. What a wonderful 'walk' around your garden that you've taken us on, Sue; such beautiful colours! Musk Lorikeets are new to me; we have the Rainbow and also the Scaly Breasted varieties that visit our bottlebrush and grevillia blossoms. The Musk variety have beautiful plumage and your photos of them are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see you Maria, thank you kindly... so happy you enjoyed the walk. Yes Musk Lorikeets are a newbie for us too! :D)

      Delete
  16. It's marvellous to see your flowers especially when we are in the cold Autumn weather (which is beautiful also, of course). I love the violas (pansies?) in the first photo and those sweet blue daisies in the second. Imagine seeing this colourful parrot in your garden!
    I'll have a walk round your garden any time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, thank you - and glad you enjoyed the post :D)
      They're a smaller version of pansy, so I think violas is what they are.
      We always say how lucky we are to see these lovely birds in the garden (the cherries which are just starting to ripen will be netted up soon though!!!) Cheers now

      Delete
  17. Hello, Sue.
    When I see the pictures of their flowers, I think they were taken in Portugal, because although it is exactly on the other side of the globe, many flowers and even weeds, are exactly the same as here. I also have fruits equal to their loquats but mine are spoiled by blackbirds and jays. For me to see beautiful parrots like these, I also did not care to be without the fruits, which in Portugal are called Japanese loquats, but here in my area they are called Maganórios.
    Its juicy plant is very beautiful and is very developed. Also here we call him monkey-tails. Your princess-earrings (fuchsia flowers) are beautiful
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manuel, yes I too love to see the same kind of plantlife in other parts - it makes the world seem a much smaller place doesn't it!
      Interesting to read about the loquats in your area - the juiciness is refreshing but the huge pips inside annoy me a bit so I don't mind seeing the birds eat them!
      I love the name you have princess-earrings!
      Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your week too :D)

      Delete
  18. I always enjoy looking at pretty flowers and you have lovely ones in your garden. I also enjoyed your photos of the Musk Lorikeets. Very pretty coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Denise, glad you enjoyed your visit - yes, the colours of the Lorikeets are lovely :D)

      Delete
  19. You have some pretty flowers in your garden. It's a joy when plants are given as gifts too. I think that succulent that you describe as a bit gnarly has a lot of character! The flowers on it are beautiful. Wishing you a good rest of the week Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a joy indeed. All ready in a hanger - we have it right by where we have coffee each morning on the verandah. A loving gift.
      It does have character that succulent - at first I wasn't sure whether I should cut the dead parts out but decided to leave it alone to get on with things, glad of that choice now. Thanks for your thoughts Debbie :D)

      Delete
  20. I enjoyed the stroll. Love your bird visitor. Begonias are a fave of mine. I’ve had fuchsias but for me their life is short .. a couple of years I don’t seem to know how to treat them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, thanks very much... I was amazed at how resilient Begonias are once established... their tough little furry arms fascinate me :D)

      Delete
  21. Hello Sue. Thanks for taking us round your garden. We have a rats tail cactus similar to yours but with pink flowers. It belonged to my husbands mother and is over 60 years old. I adore fushias - mine are still flowering as we have not had any hard frosts yet - they do well at the back of our house in the shade during the summer but I have moved them to the front now to catch the warmth of the sun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Lin, I'm really glad you enjoyed it thank you!
      How interesting to know about your Mum in Law's 60 y.o same kind of cactus... I've a feeling this one of ours will continue on for a long time too, hardly any soil (if any) in the pot though, I was thinking I should try and top it up at least!
      I can see how much you adore fuschias from that gorgeous needlecase in your recent post and I'm taking the liberty of putting in the link too for others who may be reading this:
      https://stvictorquilts.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-crazy-catchup.html
      I hope yours keep flowering in that extra bit of warmth :D)

      Delete
  22. Love your header and that beautiful fuscia. The parrot is beautiful but that hanging succulent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Diane... yes, I'm thinking that today I'll top up that succulent with some soil and water it in - it deserves it doesn't it :D)

      Delete
  23. Loved seeing all your photos today - i love those purple pansies. A beautiful selection of flowers/plants to show today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your comments Sandy, thanks so much :D)

      Delete
  24. The photo with the tiny begonia in the middle of ferns is adorable. Your big flowering cactus looks great! Enjoy your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riitta... I like that you like them too - thanks for telling me. Cheers :D)

      Delete
  25. it's always a good time to post flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm loving your garden with the lovely colors. Mine is a bit behind yours but there are lots of potential!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Betty - they all catch up eventually, that bit of water between our gardens probably makes a difference :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx