Monday, June 25, 2018

How to Fix Email Notifications of Comments ... passing on a helpful hint from Mia

Update 11th August 2018:  Unfortunately, this fix didn't last very long!
Ah well, in the bigger scheme of things that happen in life, this is not a biggie.  Cheers, Sue xx

Hello!

Recently,  Susi  of  froebelsternchen blogspot provided, in one of her recent posts,  a link to Mia's Blog Craftartista, where Mia explained How to Fix Email Notifications of Comments.

Not visiting my blog every day, I'd set the comments section up so that comment moderation turns on 7 days after my posts are published and from that time onwards I am notified by email  of any comments.  That way I didn't miss blogfriends' visits.

This system fell down when Blogger changed things.

Now, following Mia's step by step instructions it is once again working beautifully, so everything's back on track once more... thanks Susi and Mia!








46 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for sharing. It does work! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen and thanks for popping in. Glad it's worked for you too :D) xx

      Delete
  2. I don't moderate comments so didn't need to alter anything. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, lovely to receive your comment too.
      Because of the way I interact with my blog - kind of here there, away for the next while, email notification is a beaut way to enjoy other bloggers' replies from their posts after I've visited too. Cheers now :D) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue, and thank you for the advice ❣ I asked about it 2 weeks ago from Google's help forum, and they promised to fix it in a week... nothing has happened until you told this. I got it to work. Many thanks 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sirkkis, I'm really happy this has helped you. Glad to spread the word! I too was really happy when I read it on Susi's post.
      Have a lovely week :D) xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you Sue...this was very helpful ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's beaut Jan. Always lovely to have you visit :D) xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks Sue, I just did it so hopefully things will be back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, yes, I'm sure it will make a change for you. Remember to 'subscribe' when you receive the email and then it locks it in.
      Such a shame Blogger didn't let us know but we've worked it out amongst ourselves eh! Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
    2. It worked!!! Thank you thank you.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sue. Your blog colors are looking lovely. Thank you for the tips. I did go to Susi and Mia's blogs for the email comment moderation, and check my settings to be sure it's working properly. So good to see you, hope you are doing well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne... I'm enjoying that pink too ;D)
      It's always beaut to get things working again. I didn't realise how much I relied on it.
      Cheers and, yes thanks, doing well here... freezing fingertips this morning as I let the chooks out, a frost on the ground! Bye now :D) xx

      Delete
  7. So glad the tipp worked for you and helped! ♥♥♥
    Happy week dear friend!
    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Susi, I really appreciated you spreading the help :D) xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Sue, thank you very much for passing this on. I will follow the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Denise, am sure it will work for you too... I love a simple solution (Lok once we know what it is) 😊xx

      Delete
  9. Thanks Sue I am going to try this. Darn Blogger :) HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Beaut B, glad you will benefit from Mia's solution too. Cheers! xx

      Delete
  10. Friends helping friends, bloggers are the best! Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right Dear Debbie, well said 😍
      and thanks re my header, they're special flowers xx

      Delete
  11. Me parece muy interesante tu entrada. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "I think your entry is very interesting. A kiss."

      Thanks very much Teresa xx

      Delete
  12. I will have to make a note of Mia. Blogger is constantly springing surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does Jenny... thanks for visiting xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Monica, I'm late to reply and I see it didn't work for you and I'm sorry xx

      Delete
  14. The blogging world is great! We do help each other and pass on tips, and I think that is brilliant.
    Love your new header Sue … enjoy these last few days of June.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Jan, it's what I really enjoy about blogging xx

      Delete
  15. Thank you for passing along the great tip! Thanks to Mia, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue thank you for sharing this tip...blogger seems to have changes from time to time that can effect how we blog. So good to know this one can be fixed. Have a delightful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I don't mind changes but we're all kind of left hanging afterwards aren't we! Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  17. Thanks Sue, will get Pam to look at it. I've had no end of problems because my computer crashed, couldn't find passwords etc. Blogspot is still showing an old email when she looked at it for me so would had to delete and then find it's not going to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to hear about your computer Sandy - they're great when they work!! ;D) xx

      Delete
  18. Yes, this works perfectly. Isn't it great to be getting comment-emails again, so glad Blogger put it back.
    Hope all is well, Sue. Happy rest of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it still is for you Sheila - mine has failed again but it could just be a momentary glitch :O) Happy August now! Cheers xx

      Delete
  19. Thanks Sue for the information.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

  20. Hello Sue, going to see the news.
    I visit blogs 2 times a month; More than that I can not.
    But I found the tip to be super interesting.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janicce, lovely of you to visit.
      Yes, my blog visits have slowed somewhat as well. Always beaut to pop back in and catch up though. Thanks for your comment :D) xx

      Delete
  21. Thank you for the information, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx