Friday, May 18, 2018

Taking Tea ~ Happy PPF !

Hello!

My goodness, it's Friday again! 

Here's my entry in this week's Paint Party Friday - where the happiest of artists gather, and everyone's welcome:

"Taking Tea" Acrylic and Watercolour on Card Stock
It was one of those paintings that I'd put aside... not sent to the person for whom it was originally intended but,  as life would have it, it became the perfect little acceptance card for an invitation to tea a year or so after it was exiled to the cupboard! 



Click on this PPF Button below and you'll be taken to see a lovely gathering of gorgeous art:


59 comments:

  1. This is so charming and pretty, love it. Congrats on being featured at PPF this week!
    Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Valerie, really appreciate your comments :D) xx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous, Sue, I absolutely love it!!!
    Congrats on being our star artist this week 🎨

    Big Hugs Always 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Jan, lovely to have you visit :D) xx

      Delete
  3. Just great - what a fantastic painting Sue - that is so beautiful and zen-like - adorable! And I love your button- you look so happy!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really lovely of you to say Susi, thanks for visiting :D) xx

      Delete
  4. Hello, your painting is beautiful Sue! Well done! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Eileen... have a great weekend too! :D) xx

      Delete
  5. Hello dear Sue!
    Wow!! Such a great artwork! Love all the details of your painting!
    And the colors are so beautiful! Nice to see you smiling and happy in the picture!!
    Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your lovely comments Dimi - Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  6. A nice card. I don't paint but my daughter does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I appreciate that and can imagine how you enjoy seeing your daughter's work :D) xx

      Delete
  7. this is such a lovely, vibrant card sue! I love how the colors pop off a black background. Congrats on being "cover girl" at PPF with your happy fish painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I was inspired by other artists to use the black background a long time ago, had forgotten how it can give another 'feel' to a composition :D) xx

      Delete
  8. This is a lovely piece, perfect for the occasion! Your PPF link is not working by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Christine, cards tucked away seem to find their way eventually somehow!
      I appreciate you letting me know about the PPF link not working too :D) xx

      Delete
  9. Sue - wonderful card. Love the shimmer I see on the top of the tea. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaut to read your comment, thanks Debbie... I love to get a bit handy with the gold paint lol and was glad it showed on my photo! Cheers and enjoy your weekend :D) xx

      Delete
  10. Loved seeing your fish today! Congratulations. Your card is wonderful and I am certain it was happily received. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Susan - much appreciated... yes, it was. I still get a real kick out of making my own cards :D) xx

      Delete
  11. Love your painting, the leaves look so real. Your teacup looks like one of my very own! Have a great day, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun, Sue, to name this lovely little wc show up for the acceptance card!
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely of you to visit and leave your comment Nadya, thank you very much :D) xx

      Delete
  13. Great card Sue - would love to know how you get that gold edge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin... and thanks!
      certainly, I use a #2 size long liner brush and load it with gold acrylic paint and then gently drag it around the painting. My hand isn't steady and grip not strong anymore so I don't worry about a straight line... I call it rustic ;D) For a really thick edge, repeat after it has dried.

      Otherwise, I use metallic fine liner pens that are available in gold or silver. Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
    2. Brilliant Sue - thanks. xx

      Delete
  14. Your card is really charming and inviting. Love it �� I havn't time this week to participate on PPF, but saw your beautiful fish was in spot lights, congrats ��
    Thank you for visiting and for the lovely comment on my blog.
    Wishing you happy weekend ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sirkkis, I really appreciate you taking the time to visit, cheers and enjoy your weekend too :D) xx

      Delete
  15. Awesome card! I love your style;-) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love tea, and cards, so what's better than tea cards! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly Sandee! Thank you for your comment :D) xx

      Delete
  17. you are the star artist of the week?? well congratulations!

    your painting is especially beautiful this week. there is something about white flowers, combining the buds and blooms, spectacular!!

    the tea cup is equally beautiful, it has so much pretty detail...and the shape of the cup is unique!! well done sue, this is a real charmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      It's real nice to see our own painting up front on PPF - by random generation we each have a feature and is a lot of fun.
      Glad you enjoyed my painting, thanks so kindly. Hugs :D) xx

      Delete
  18. Lovely. This is something I could hang on my wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so elegant ~ I love the style ~

    Happy Day to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sue its lovely. Had i received that card i certainly would come to tea 😊

    much♥️love

    ReplyDelete
  21. 'Taking Tea' is such a delightful painting Sue. I'm so glad it came out of the cupboard to be appreciated. Congratulations on being star artist.
    Have a wonderful weekend and Happy PPF to you ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neesie, yes, sometimes the destination of a card/painting takes time to become apparent it seems! Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  22. Congratulations on being the featured artist this week, Sue! I remembered your yellow fish from last week the second I saw them again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is a lovely card, very pretty.
    Many congratulations on being featured at PPF this week.

    Hope your weekend has been good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty picture! I like the texture. Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful painting! Great choice of colors, I like the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is so pretty. Your flowers remind me of Van Gogh "Wild roses" close up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, I googled that painting and, yes, I can see it too! Cheers and appreciate your comment :D) xx

      Delete
  27. That's a charming card, I'd have been pleased to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What talent, your flower painting is fabulous.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a gorgeous card. I love the way you mix your media/s (or should that be medium? :-)) And a what a perfect acceptance to tea card, too. I bet the recipient was delighted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki... it was lovely having this one on hand and, yes, she was! Hugs :D) xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx