Friday, May 11, 2018

Getting back into the swing of things and a bit of painting ~ Happy PPF!

Hello!

I hope this finds everyone well and happy.

It's nice to be back.

I needed some time to 'gather my wits', as Mary Englebreit  demonstrates so beautifully in her painting which is a favourite of mine:
Source:  Artist Mary Englebreit via Pinterest

As happens in all our lives from time to time, these past few months in mine have been filled with ups and downs for one reason and another.
May I leave it at that and just say that it's a super special feeling to be back, and to bring out the paints and slide right back into blogging.

Oh yes and, as well, I've just recently turned 70, so you can now expect mature, sensible posts, full of wisdom and knowledge....  not!!!  lol ...

                      I still feel young at heart and as silly as... well, here's another picture that I enjoy:

Source: Artist Vince Colletta Studio via Pinterest



 Right, now I'm back into the swing, and would like to share some recent paintings as my entry in this week's Paint Party Friday - where the happiest of artists gather... and everyone's welcome:

"Just a Quick Pink"
Watercolour, Ink pen and Gel pen



"Random Bubble Blowing is Good for the Soul"
Watercolour, Acrylic, Ink Pen



"Feeling a Bit Mauve"
Watercolour and Acrylic
Lace Texture added digitally and sourced from
  Shadowhouse Creations  with thanks




"The Garden"
Watercolour, Pastel, Acrylic, Gel Pen
I've shown this previously but added some more flowers
to brighten things up!


Cheerio for now,  thanks for popping in, and I shall get around to everyone very soon! Sue xx 


66 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, great to see you back again! I can't remember getting sensible when I turned 70, perhaps it doesn't always function! Your art is beautiful, I especially like the fishes. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie, Yes, perhaps when I'm 80 the sensibleness may appear but until then it's all fun ;D) Thank you for your lovely visit xx

      Delete
  2. Good to have you back Sue, and a very happy 70th to you!! Your paintings are just wonderful and so varied. I hope you continue with your art. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Linda and, yes, most certainly, making art is a firm part of my life - sometimes it's just in my head and doesn't make it to a canvas or paper but the lovely feeling from it is always present :D) xx

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back Sue! Happy 70th to you! ♥♥♥
    Your paintings are wonderful - I love your varied style!
    Happy weekend to you!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Susi, thank you so much, glad you enjoyed your visit, and lovely to see you :D) xx

      Delete
  4. Very happy to see you back Sue. Happy Birthday. I too recently had a birthday and I really don't like getting old. I guess there is nothing we can do about it right? :) I have missed your art, it is nice to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, absolutely, all we can do is hang on and enjoy the ride!!
      Really beaut to catch up with you too :D) xx

      Delete
  5. How nice to have you back, Sue ❣ I really love your beautiful paintings. Congratulations for the 70th birthday 🌹
    Have a wonderful PPF and weekend 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very lovely to be back Sirkkis, and thank you for your beautiful thoughts :D) xx

      Delete
  6. Your art is lovely Sue. Congrats on entering your seventies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Sue!!
    Welcome back!! I’m glad to see you posting again!
    I have my ups and down too,but blogging is a happy treatment for our souls!
    Happy 70th to you with health and happiness!
    Such gorgeous paintings!!Great artwork!!
    I can’t choose one,love them all!!
    Wishing you a lovely evening and happy weekend! Hugs!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dimi - yes, blogging is definitely a happy treatment - you said it! I love the pace of blogging, we can each fit into it as we choose.
      Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, dear Sue, Bubble blowing is good for the soul! I like this painting so much and the colours, too.
    Ups and downns happen in all our lives.I know, also in my, especially this year. But the sun is shining, the sky is blue, the nature goes on...
    All the best for you,
    Edith from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely of you to say, thanks very much Edith.
      Yes, we are all in the same boat at one time or another and the main thing is to take time that we need and then climb aboard once more!
      The joys of nature are all around aren't they... I was just over at your spot admiring that abundance of Rhododendrons - magnificent! :D) xx

      Delete
  9. Happy belated birthday, Sue. I'm so happy to see you posting, and making art once again. Love those little bubble blowing fishies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Katie Jeanne, it's always lovely to get back to posting and, of course, playing with the paint set :D) xx

      Delete
  10. Dearest Sue, I love that your back!!!
    I missed your smiling face and sincere words. I understand how you felt and why you had to have some time to work through what was happening in your life.
    Happy 70th Birthday!!! I have number "72" coming up in August! My how time gets away from one :)
    Your artwork is so wonderful!!! Love them all!!!
    Happy PPF , dear Sue and Big, Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Jan, thank you very warmly.
      True, true, time does get away doesn't it. Each day brings with it something different and is always an adventure.
      So glad you enjoyed my paintings - as ever, they're always fun to do :D) xx

      Delete
  11. Muchas felicidades por tu cumpleaños y bienvenida.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: Many congratulations for your birthday and welcome.Besos.

      Thank you very much Teresa! Always lovely to have you visit :D) xx

      Delete
  12. Happy you are back! This is such a colorful post. I especially like "a quick pink". There is life after 70, I passed it a few years ago. Happy Birthday to you! And happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Susan for your lovely words and thoughts. I really appreciate your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  13. Lovely...especially the fishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly Sreeja, and lovely to meet you :D)

      Delete
  14. Been missing you Sue - glad you are back. Happy 70th birthday late. So great to see your art too friend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very warmly Debbie. I'm so glad to be back :D) xx

      Delete
  15. Hello Sue,
    Hope you are having many more ups now, it's good to see you again.
    I love the "funnies" and the next time I lose my wits I'll know what I'm looking for.
    Your paintings are terrific too. I especially like the pink flowers and the fishes playing their bubbles game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, thank you Sheila!
      Glad you loved the funnies - sometimes our wits definitely need to be gathered up, I too was so happy to find out what they looked like thanks to Mary!!
      Cheers and lovely to catch up again :D) xx

      Delete
  16. Well first of all Many Happy Returns!! I hope you enjoy your next decade. Lovely work all of it but my favourite is Just a Quick Pink. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin!
      Thank you so much... and yes I certainly intend to! Really loved your visit and comments :D) xx

      Delete
  17. What pretty pieces! You are a wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you Beth, thank you :D) xx

      Delete
  18. Hi Sue! Wonderful you are back in the blog! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne, so happy to be back too :D) xx

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda, I love painting fishies! Cheers and nice to meet you :D)

      Delete
  20. It's good to see you again. Welcome back! You've been quite prolific I think! I especially love those fish. So cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Denthe, it's lovely to be sharing our paintings isn't it and I always appreciate your thoughts and visit. Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  21. Divine art ~ love them all! Happy Mother's Day to you ~ xxx

    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Carol, may your Mother's Day be filled with happiness too :D) xx

      Delete
  22. Welcome back, wishing you many sparkles and blessings ahead! Love all of your beautiful pieces, the fish are wonderful, the mauve textures are amazing, but I especially love the floral watercolor..so ethereal and dreamy, I can totally picture that on a beautiful fabric, like a scarf..so pretty!
    Yay, Happy 70th, enjoy the magic of your birthday year!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Victoria, thank you for your lovely thoughts and comments. It's fun to be back and I shall enjoy this whole year... that's a sweet way of putting it! :D) xx

      Delete
  23. Adore your Garden!!! Sweet paintings!
    Happy birthday from your "older soulmate"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy - glad you enjoyed them and, lovely to catch up with you :D) xx

      Delete
  24. Happy belated birthday!
    Beautiful paintings - I'm a bit biased toward "the garden", it simply speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really lovely of you to say Carola, thank you. I really enjoy growing an instant garden as the mood takes, and beaut to share. All the best :D) xx

      Delete
  25. Lovely artwork, Sue. Those fish are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly John, really appreciate your visit too :D) xx

      Delete
  26. you art is especially "light hearted" and beautiful!! i really like the first one, the pink flowers, it felt so special!!

    happy birthday sue, i sure hope you don't change, i happen to like you just the way you are. i never felt i had to "mature"...i find mature people to be a little stuffy!!

    and happy mothers day to you also - i have been wondering about your chickens!! you have been such a good momma to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! I painted those pink flowers on a quick whim but they had special meaning and, my word, you've picked up on that ❤️

      Thanks for those birthday wishes... nah, that 'maturity' lark lasted all of 5 minutes.. lol. It's fun being exactly who I am, but, sometimes, I shake my head at me 😊

      Our chooks (chickens) are doing great thanks Debbie... but they're all in the middle of a moult and are losing feathers here, there and everywhere and all look a bit bedraggled. It's when they take a (very well deserved) rest from laying eggs too. I shall take some pics of them soon.

      Cheers and happy Mother's Day to you too. Cheers and hugs :D) xx

      Delete
    2. share some pic's next time, i would love to see them. and no eggs, i wonder if that's hard for you after being spoiled each day with fresh eggs!!??

      Delete
    3. Most certainly I shall Debbie, putting a post up today... went down and hassled them for photos but they were all a bit cranky but I sweet-talked them around! Yes, we were totally spoiled with getting fresh eggs each day but it's what happens so we shall look forward to full production very soon! xx

      Delete
  27. HI Sue! Happy Birthday...I'm next to turn 70- just before Christmas this year. I have to say I'm a bit afraid of turning 70. And, who knows how we should act at 70! We're just happy to be able to walk, and I still dance around in my kitchen to my oldies rock and roll music! I will always do that as long as I can.

    I'm so glad to see you back, even though I haven't done much blogging myself. I do have a few posts-in-process on the back burner though, and am trying to get re-motivated. I've stayed pretty busy with my grandson this school year, and sometimes just get too tired. My son helps me with the gardening, but I have had to give up most of the flower gardens and keep a low profile!

    I love your new look on your blog, and the lovely water color and ink painting. And, I have always believed your fish paintings tell a story-each one is different and unique!

    Again, I'm so happy you are doing well, and can come by to see us from time to time! I enjoy your posts and fun conversations! Take care, dear friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Suzanne, it's beaut to catch up again isn't it. I could see from your latest post all the great work you've been doing with your grandson, lovely times aren't they!

      Ah, turning 70 - yes, thank you kindly for your happy wishes. I shall keep an eye out for your turn too. Yes, when those certain tunes come on the radio I also have been known to do some 'moves' around the kitchen. I share your love of the music of our youth... transports you immediately doesn't it.

      You're wise to work to your limits in the garden. They're to be enjoyed aren't they, not as a form of self-torture if the jobs are too hard. We have made adjustments to be able to stay in our home and my gardening nowadays is very gentle and I my pot plants know not to expect re-potting anymore, just topping up of soil - if they're lucky! Surprisingly, they still thrive.

      Glad you enjoyed my paintings and it's so lovely to see you too. Cheers now and hugs 😊 xx

      Delete
  28. Happy belated 70th birthday! I love all your sketches, very pretty artwork. enjoy your day and Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Eileen - it's lovely of you to pop in too. Cheers and Happy Mother's Day to you too. :D) xx

      Delete
  29. I'm so glad you are back! These pieces are a bit of sunshine for most of us.
    happy 70th!!!! Thank for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, how lovely, thanks very much Jenn :D) xx

      Delete
  30. Welcome back! "mature" what a silly word for the meaning of boring and without inspiration. Love your paintings. Posotive and lovely. And the wits too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Monica - appreciate your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  31. Oh I love your mauve flowers! The wits are so cute... Happy birthday and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely being back, thanks for your lovely comments Lisa :D) xx

      Delete
  32. Mary Englebreit's painting is so witty. Glad that you were able bring out your paints and started writing posts again. Your paintings are beautiful, love the variety. I hope you continue. A very happy belated birthday to you! There is no such thing as act your age!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Soma, I loved your visit and it's really nice to meet you :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx