Hello!
... hope this finds everyone, each in their own way, going ok. Keep smiling xx
It's Friday and I'm all organised to enter some craft and paintwork in this week's Paint Party Friday - where the happiest of artists gather ... and everyone's made very welcome:
"Race Time"
Cardboard tubes and Acrylic paint
I was inspired to make up these racing peeps as an e-card for some of our loved ones.
I found an idea on Pinterest, played around with it a bit to put my own 'take' on it.
The use of cardboard tubes was ideal.
I was also putting together a toy box for some other, much younger, family members, so that's where those little cardboard racing guys found their home:
some other toy box additions. We bought from the local Op (Charity) Shop.
(They've all had a good sudsy wash as they're sure to end up being chewed by the little 2 and 4 year olds !)
I had heaps of fun making the little cardboard racers, and took photos as I amused myself no end throughout some hot days spent inside the house with the air conditioner on. Here goes:
Cutting them out
In full mass production mode here.
Wheels, racing peeps, racer bodies... a bit of panel beating here and there!
All starting to come together now.
The "Go Faster" Flames have been painted, numbers added, wheels attached
... just waiting for the paint and glue to dry.
#4 is especially keen!
Well, that's it. It was fun. Thanks for joining me and I hope it put a smile on your face too.
Cheers now!





Looks like great fun all this process of cutting, painting, glueing - to create those tiny "cardboard racing guys".
ReplyDeleteThe e-card Race Time is very captivating!
it was Duta, thank you, it was a lovely way to pass the time xx
DeleteOhhhh Sue these racers are fantastic!!!! Thanks for show how you made them. Such a clever idea.
ReplyDeleteI got inspiration from others on Pinterest and took it from there, thanks for popping in xx
DeleteFun craft!
ReplyDeletethanks Christine xx
DeleteLove, love, love those cardboard racers, what fun! I miss making crafts like that as I used to do when my grandkids were small. Keep cool, have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteyes, I know what you're saying Valerie, those days were great.
DeleteHave a great weekend you too, thank you xx
Hello dear Sue!!
ReplyDeleteWow!!I love your cardboard racing cars!!!!
Adorable creations!!!
I’m sure you had fun making those beauties!!
Wishing you a lovely and a cool weekend!Hugs!
Dimi...
yes, it was lots of fun, I have plans for other things .... ooooh I love doing childish things :O) thanks for your visit Dimi xx
DeleteJust adore your racers, Sue. So creative. Such fun! :D
ReplyDeleteHere’s to a great weekend. xx
thank you kindly dear Vicki, you enjoy yours too xx
Delete:) I could imagine one of the racer to be me...just need a race car:) Have a nice weekend too - Sue!
ReplyDeletedefinitely Annie - I shall make you one ;D) xx
DeleteWow, what fantastic tube craft you made and created, Sue!! So amazingly many fun details and great creativity you put on this. Sure your young family member and adults too, will enjoy this hot racing.
ReplyDeleteHappy upcoming weekend to all of you xxx
thank you very kindly Sirkkis - it was fun and I appreciate you dropping by - Happy PPF xx
DeleteThose little cars are so cool. I'm sure you had lots of fun putting them together.
ReplyDeletemany thanks John, I did! Happy PPF :D)
DeleteYour racing cars are so delightful, Sue...and yes, they did make me smile! Like you, I buy toys from the op shops, give them a wash and then some time drying in the sun and then into the toy box on the verandah. Granddaughter #1 claims ownership of them all but will share with the others! Lol
ReplyDeletethat's good Maria, smiles are good :D)
DeleteYes, we got all those toys for $2 in one bag... heh heh, there was an annoying one that kept talking when moved, even a dousing in the water didn't quiet it! but I eventually found it's Off button!
good idea having a toy box - can imagine your lovely littlies enjoying it xx
They are fantastic - absolutely delightful!
ReplyDeleteReminds me of all the many kindergarten crafting I did with my daughter!
Wonderful to get such great toys at the Charity shop -well done!
oxo Susi
thanks very much Susi - it's always good fun doing craft ... it made me happy and I remembered way back when to when ours were littlies, time goes so quickly xx
DeleteThanks for sharing your fun art with us today. Happy PPF
ReplyDeletemuch love...
lovely of you to say, thanks Gillena and Happy PPF! xx
DeleteLove your ecard Sue, and those cars are too fun! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF Linda, thanks for your lovely visit :D) xx
DeleteOh how fun Sue! Super cute and creative project! Happy PPF :)
ReplyDeletesweet of you to say Mona, Happy PPF!
DeleteIndeed, it did put a smile on my face, dear Sue! I am so very impressed by the creativity you have shown in making those wonderful little racing men e cards. I know the little racers will be fun for the little ones too.
ReplyDeletethat's really beaut to know Faye, thanks for telling me.. a smile goes a long way doesn't it :D)
DeleteI think the littlies will enjoy them too!
Oh my gosh your little racing cars are just adorable and thanks for the tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
thanks very much Diane, appreciated xx
DeleteThat's such a fun time project. Bet you had fun making it.
ReplyDeleteoh yes I did Latane, when the racing peeps looked a bit odd some paint covered it all up ;D) cheers! xx
DeleteSue! Awesome!
ReplyDeletethank you Anne - lovely :D) xx
DeleteHi Sue! This is so cool! I adore your racers and painting. Thank you for showing how you make the cars and drivers...just in case I am commissioned some day to help in a children's art class, haha! Your photo header of your painting spot with all the gadgets and colors is also amazing! What a fun place to create and hang out.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to see you...have a great weekend! xxoo
oh I have a feeling you'll most certainly be in there creating... and you'll love it too. Thanks re the header pic, it's kind of even messier as I turn around and look at it but it's nice having a special spot :D) cheers now and thanks for your visit Suzanne xx
DeleteThose racers are wonderful Sue!!! I make owls out of town tubes... cutesy ones :D
ReplyDeleteI will find my photos and post a few on my blog.
Great idea to buy used toys that you can wash and re-use!
Love your header, too!!!
Happy PPF 🎨
Hugs 💕
I'd love to see your tube owls Jan - I bet they're gorgeous! Please do share them with us.
DeleteGreat that you popped in Jan, I really appreciate it, especially at this particular time for you. Big hugs and Happy PPF! xx
Such a cute idea!
ReplyDeletethanks very much :D)
DeleteThese are super cute! I love upcycled ideas!
ReplyDeletethank you Ayala - appreciated Happy PPF!
Deleteoh, how fun Sue! I especially like the flames. It really gives the impression of speed :-) Happy PPF!
ReplyDeletethanks very much Denthe. Oh yes, those flames lol, they definitely make things go faster ;D) Happy PPF!
DeleteMuy divertidos y bonitos. Feliz fin de semana.
ReplyDeleteTranslation : "Very fun and beautiful. Happy weekend."
DeleteThanks kindly Teresa! and may your week be full of happiness :D) xx
So very cool and so much fun by the looks...happy ppf ...(#7)...xx
ReplyDeleteit was fun Mandy :D) beaut to see you!
DeleteYou are so clever.Love the racing cars and drivers especially their helmets.
ReplyDeletethanks very much Diane :D) xx
Delete... oops I nearly forgot, (Rebel is slowly insinuating herself!!)... she sends hugs to Birthday Bear 🐾
DeleteCheers ;D)
What wonderful racers, dear Sue!
ReplyDeleteI wish you a happy weekend,
Edith from Germany
Much appreciated Edith, thank you :D)
Deleteoh sue, how clever are these cars - you did an awesome job. i find so many great ideas on pinterest and so many wonderful uses for these tp/paper towel rolls. i have read that the manufacturers are going to stop using them as a means of saving money and paper. just when we have found a use for them!!!
ReplyDeleteyou covered all the details with the cars, i like the colors and i LOVE the flames!!!
Thanks Debbie, goodness me... they'll probably substitute them with some form of plastic no doubt ... crazy world :O)!!!
Deleteglad you liked them - kept me amused during a few extra hot days recently.
cheers :D) xx
This is brilliant! What fun. Your header is beautiful, too!
ReplyDeletethanks kindly Jenn :D)
DeleteThese are so cute and wow, this must have taken a lot of time. I love them and if I was extremely motivated to make my grandkids things - these would be perfect. Love them.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy, it was one of those projects that could take as little or as much time as I wished ;D) ... a nice passtime on a run of days when it was just too hot to go outside!
DeleteThanks for visiting xx
You did have some fun! Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynda, I did! :D) xx
DeleteYou're little racers are quite fun and looks like they are a lot of fun to make!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandee - lots of fun - I love regressing ;D)
DeleteGreat job and it was fun just to see how you did it! I also enjoyed the show-n-tell of soon to be chewed and played with toy finds! Hope next week is as creative and fun as this last week was! Hugz, Rasz
ReplyDeleteAppreciate your thoughts Rasz - think I've slowed down a bit ... again :D)
DeleteThe little cardboard racers are charming and so very cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks you kindly Lisa :D) xx
DeleteOh, I so love the way your creative mind works and the results of it genius. Wonderful Hugs B
ReplyDeleteSo kind B, thank you - never know what's going to pop out (of my mind ;D)) after being on Pinterest! Lovely to see you xx
DeleteThe racers are a great idea to make with kids! You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenny! Have a beaut rest of the week :D) xx
DeleteOh gosh, Sue, that was great, something completely different. I do like the coloured wheels and the fun drivers.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to see your painting area in the header.
Glad you liked it Sheila - it's lovely doing 'our thing' isn't it ;D) xx
DeleteRebel sends hugs to Douglas too 🐾
What an adorable idea, Sue - your racing cars turned out great and what a fun idea to use them as e-cards, too! So creative! Hope it cools down there for you, soon. Wish I could send you some of my snow! Hugs xo Karen
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Karen, much appreciated.
DeleteWell, it looks like the heat wave conditions here are gone (fingers crossed). It's so strange how our weather is the exact opposite isn't it. Cheers and I hope for warmer days your way :D) xx
Wow! What an amazing project with a wonderful outcome! Great job. Thanks for the steps
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for your lovely comments Gloria. All the best :D)
DeleteHello Sue, your racing cars are just adorable. I am sure the kiddies will love them too. You are so creative, cute project. Have a happy day and a great new week!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you popped in Eileen, thank you and I hope your week is great too. Cheers now :D) xx
DeleteHello Miss Sue! Nice of you to drop by my blog. :)
ReplyDeleteHow creative of you to use those card boards for the car. I'm sure you had lots of fun planning and making them.
Do take care and I'm happy to know that you're still actively blogging!
Hello Farida, thanks for leaving your lovely message.
DeleteOh, I'm not so active as a contributing blogger unfortunately, however, I like to keep an eye and my blogfriends and their activities :D)
o, this is fun. I almost wish I had some young people again. My grandchildren are all grown up. And no grandgrand ones to be seen. :(
ReplyDeleteThank you Monica ... it was a fun thing to do and you never know ;D)
DeleteOh my grandchildren would love to make these ... thanks so much for sharing the idea!
ReplyDeleteHappy March Wishes
All the best Jan
That's really great to know Jan!
DeleteCheers to you and enjoy your week ahead. Thanks for visiting too :D)
Lindos e coloridos. Bom fim de semana.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sandra 💐
DeleteWOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDear Sue this art is so DELIGHTFUL!!!
i can't define how it cheered me up .
amazingly done and you succeeded to create a lovely cherish enthusiastic race time here :)))
so kind, thank you dear Baili 💐
DeleteOh, that put a huge smile on my face! How very lovely! Such a great idea, and I hope those racers will have a great race with everybody winning!
ReplyDeletethanks so much dear Carola 💐
DeleteHello Sue ... just stopping by to say hello.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you and yours.
All the best Jan
Hugs Dear Jan, thank you 💐 back in a while
DeleteDelightful post Sue, no need to reply. I saw you were taking a break but wanted to pop over and say hello. Enjoy your weekend:)
ReplyDeleteThat was so lovely of you Denise, thank you :D) xx
Delete