Thought I'd take you for a little walk as I do my pottering at the end of a day.
Nothing exciting perhaps, but yet, for me, very satisfying...
Setting off to feed the chooks, worms and fish:
First corn from Hubby's vegie patch... tasted beautiful too.
As I set off, I have a check on the hanging plants to see if they need watering after such a hot day:
Underneath them, the Native Hibiscus blooms and the Windflower is in bud:
The chooks hear the gate and come a'running ... so excited to be getting FOOD!!! At Last!!! :
Great excitement this evening, as well as the usual treats ... a corn cob which they clean up in no time:
Over to the worm bin and they get the cut up corn cob husks:
Now to check on some Woolly Bush (an Australian Native) cuttings I've set - they're the easiest thing to grow from cuttings and I have big plans for them:
Near to them, I water the Bottlebrush (Calistemon). It survives exceptionally well in the heat but, after the run of hot days we've had, even it needs a drink:
Through the fence and into my dear Hubby's vegie garden:
These zucchini have grown so big in a few hot days.
Now to my favourites... cherry tomatoes. I gave them shelter from the fierce 40+ deg Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) sun with a piece of shadecloth, however, they continue to ripen under it so I've left it there:
Got to admire that lovely corn patch. Many more corn cobs to come.
On the way to feed the fish, I have a look in at the rainforest... it doesn't need watering again, so on to the fish pond:
Here we are, and all seems quiet at the pond:
A bit of a rattle of the feed container and there they are. Looks like they've nibbled on that lily pad as entree:
Further down, I find the seed pod of the Grevillea has opened and shed its seeds already. I was going to see if I could strike any of the seeds in pots. Ah well, there's always another pod to come :D)
On the way back, I check on the lizards' drinking bowl and, even though it has plenty of water in it, am a bit ashamed that its so overgrown. I make a mental note to clean it up the next day:
A look back through the Argyle Apple Eucalyptus at the setting sun. Another lovely day is coming to a close:
Thanks for sharing that part of my day.



















That was a lovely walk, Sue, thanks so much. I specially loved to see the chooks, they must be great to have. Do you talk to them - I'm sure you do, they like to have a little chat, don't they. These courgettes are fat, mine never grow anything like that (maybe a bit different in cool Scotland?) and your tomatoes look luscious. Funnily enough they grow well outside here too, but not just now. I love everything, so sunny and warm, the exotic plants, your pottery frogs and the colourful pottery fish. And the viola is a lovely end to the walk.
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila, glad you enjoyed our little wander around.
DeleteYes, I do talk to them and they definitely talk back. They each have their personalities and their own tone when they're angry with each other... or me, if I deviate from what they consider their routine lol. All good fun!
The tomatoes are tiny (bite-size how I like), and sweet. My hubby doesn't like tomatoes himself but put in 4 plants ... all for me! I have the easy part of gardening, pottering, wandering and sometimes picking.
Sheila, I love that you can have them growing over in Scotland, home grown ones definitely taste best don't they.
Thanks for your lovely visit and, yes, the violas are so sweet - I really enjoy having them around. Bye for now xx
Lovely to see all you wonderful plants, and how the chooks come running to meet you. It's good to see so much green and flowering plants and those big, fat veggies. I imagine it's also a lot of work to keep it all looking so fantastic. Thanks for sharing your beautiful world with us, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you to pop in Valerie and I'm glad you enjoyed the walk.
DeleteYou're so right, it is a very lot of work to have a vegie plot... my hubby has done all of it himself and maintains it. He set up a watering system which makes that side of it a lot easier, however, he does all the digging and weeding etc and keeps very fit because of it.
Cheerio for now and I enjoyed your visit :D) xx
It's a lovely routine to have Sue, passing by and noticing all the things around you. All good fun in the 'nice' months - how long do you linger in the Winter ?? ;-)
ReplyDeleteAnd there has to be a tale or two to tell about the mournful (pleading) looking dog in the ladt photo.
Cathy
Hello Cathy, yes, it's great fun when the weather is good. However, they all still need feeding so I pick my moments between showers when wet! Proper rain coat and gumboots fit the bill nicely!
DeleteWhen I was a bit more agile, before all this physio became necessary, I was extra keen with the camera and if I happened to see a likely subject, come hail or shine, I've been known to come back inside with a muddy bum on my jeans more than once ;D)
The dog planter was a gift from our dear Son to his Nan years ago, in the end she didn't have room for it with living changes, so she passed it to me and I've loved that doggie for ages. It has a really appealing look to it's face when you see it front on!
Thanks for your lovely visit Cathy, cheers now
I am so happy that you took me along on your walk... what a nice time I've had!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful plants and critters and a lovely garden!!! I love Cherry Tomatoes!!!
Hugs 💕
It was lovely of you to pop in Jan. I'm so glad you're back in blogland.
DeleteYes, the cherry tomatoes are great to eat as is ... or no trouble to slice them for a sandwich :D) Cheerio for now xx
It looks so pleasant and peaceful, Sue. You do have a lovely and colourful life.
ReplyDeleteYou might laugh to know that when I saw the first picture, without reading the text, I thought it must be a picture of your supper. OK, I should wear my glasses I guess ! :)
Hi Jenny, and thank you :D)
DeleteLol, I did laugh when I read what you thought... well, you were nearly right, it was both of us who had nibbled on the corn cob - you were just seeing the remains!
Lovely to catch up with you once more.. Cheers now
Thanks for taking me on your evening walk and chores. I admire you looking after chooks, worms, lizards, fish and the garden
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Diane, and I'm really happy you enjoyed it.
DeleteI must clarify though, I feed the animals and then wander and potter, may prune a small branch or two occasionally and put up some cuttings... my dear hubby does all the proper looking after and digging etc. I used to love to muck in and dig, weed, lift and carry alongside him but crappy bones and muscles put a stop to that and I have to 'behave' myself now.
However, I think I've comfortably 'taken' to being a lady who potters ;D)
Lovely to have you pop in Diane, cheers!
thanks for this lovely walk, enjoy your summer!
ReplyDeleteYou're so welcome Christine, thank you. Cheers :D)
DeleteHello dear Sue!
ReplyDeleteThat was a lovely walk and i really enjoyed it!
You have to do so many things through your day and being busy!
I like your cute chickens and the pond with the fishes!
We also have here the Bottlebrush and always remind me of Australia!
Thank you for sharing this beauty!
Enjoy your day!!Hugs!
Dimi...
It's such a pleasure to see you again Dimi - I appreciate your lovely comments you left.
DeleteYes, that Bottlebrush is such an Aussie icon isn't it - thanks for popping in :D) xx
Hello, I loved this walk in your garden and with the chickens. You have a pretty fish pond and lovely plants. I wish the bottlebrush would grow here, I love it. Have a happy day!
ReplyDeleteHi Eileen, so happy you enjoyed the walk... you have given use so many lovely strolls :D)
DeleteAlways beaut to catch up with you and thank you - you have a great weekend xxd
You seem to be organized and efficient about your garden and critters. Kudos to you and to your wonderful, helpful husband!
ReplyDeleteThe picture with the chooks 'cleaning' the corn cob is priceless. The seed pod of the Grevillea looks so nice and delicate! The cherry tomatoes appear to be very appetizing!
That's a colorful and versatile Wonderland you've got there. Keep it going!
why thank you very much Duta... I have to stick to a patter or, these days, I forget to do something [chuckle!]
DeleteOh gosh, those chooks absolutely set in to clean up anything that's fed to them. It's kind of a 'pack mentality' - if they see one of them tucking into something it spurs each of them on to join in, for the fear of missing out I think! They're such funny little creatures.
We do love our little home and garden, thanks, we shall keep it going as long as we can :D) Good cheer to you xx
Hello dear Sue,
ReplyDeleteI also loved this walk in your Garden with the chickens.
It gives me a summer-feeling. In Germany now it's very cold.
Regards
Edith
that's really beaut Edit, I'm so pleased you did... and that it gives you a summer-feeling.
DeleteWe're getting a nice downpour of rain just now - humidity still high, but the garden is lapping it up :D)
Thanks for dropping by xx
Thank YOU for sharing with us. xx
ReplyDeleteyou're very welcome, thanks so much for leaving your lovely comment Lin :D) xx
Deletethanks SO much for sharing your walk - i loved everything about it - I would love a yard big enough again (I had that at one time) for gardens and all things nature-y...
ReplyDeleteReally good to see you Sandy, it makes me happy that you enjoyed the walk.
DeleteWe are enjoying the big yard as much as we can, times will change it's inevitable isn't it. I remember your previous home and garden - it was truly lovely... good memories as you make new ones eh! Hugs xx
Oh how wonderful summer!
ReplyDeleteHello Anne, yes... and I can see why you say that, from your snow-filled photos (as glorious as they are), I don't envy the cold... but so beautiful nonetheless! Cheers, enjoy your weekend xx
DeleteEsta todo precioso. Besitos.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "It is all beautiful. Little kisses."
DeleteThank you kindly Teresa xx
Oh, such a wonderful little walk, Sue - I so enjoyed this! Lovely to see all that's growing in your gardens and your sweet little hens and fish. Looks like you will be baking a bit of zucchini bread soon! Enjoy these golden days. xo Karen
ReplyDeleteHello Karen, glad you enjoyed that little walk :D)
DeleteNow that's an idea... zucchini bread... I'm sure I've seen a recipe from your kitchen, must pop over and check it out. Hubby walked in a few hours ago with both of them - I can feel another photo-shoot happening ;D)
Lovely to have you visit and happy weekend xx
You and your husband created such a happy place right in your home.. Sue:) Thank you for sharing it with us...I've felt so inspired and calm after a visit to Australia! Happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteSo happy that your visit here had that effect on you Annie... it's always beaut to blog-travel isn't it - no suitcase packing or clothing decisions required ;D)
DeleteCheers and thanks so much :D) xx
Your garden looks like heaven on earth to me! Terrific! I am just happy to be able to have this virtual garden walk with you - just amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking me with you!
Happy weekend Sue!
oxo Susi
aw, thanks Susi - it was lovely to see you leave your comments, glad you enjoyed the little ramble through the back yard :D) xx
DeleteI love the photo of the chooks running! They are so excited to see you.
ReplyDeletelol, they're such cuties Lynda... and they get themselves all worked up into a food frenzy by the time I get down there :D)
DeleteHope you're getting this lovely rain that's falling at the moment. Cheers xx
What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for the walk around your world. I had to recheck the date on this post when I read about the first of the corn this year. I forget that we all live in different areas of the world and different seasons as well! This post gets me excited for the Spring and Summer here in California! Great photos. Thank you again. Hugz, Rasz
ReplyDeleteYes, it's really weird sometimes how we can have the different weather and yet be in touch instantly nowadays! Also the time difference is hard to keep track of sometimes too.
DeleteThe heat we've had this Summer, I shall quite welcome Autumn.
Thanks for popping in, always beaut to see you xx
Thank you for taking us on your evening walk through the yard. I love all the animals - chickens, fish, worms, lizards. They're having the good life.
ReplyDeletevery happy you enjoyed it Carola. We are very grateful because we too share that good life.
DeleteAll the best and I hope things are going well for you ... I must pop over your way very soon and catch up :D) xx
oooh i can't wait to do this again, walk about the yard. your place is very interesting, lot's to look at and lot's to tend to....i can't wait to start my tomato plants!!
ReplyDeleteyou have some smart animals there, small triggers and they know what's coming. the flowers look pretty, lot's of beautiful purples!!!
Thanks Debbie, glad you enjoyed it... and the purples :D) always lovely to receive your comments xx
DeleteLOVE the new header...a beautiful peek into your creativity!!!
Deletelol, much appreciated Debbie. I had thoughts (fleeting) that perhaps I should do a tidy up pre-photo but ... nah! ;D) cheers!
DeleteOh my I had the best time walking in your garden, a wonderful mix of pretty and fun! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Peggy - appreciated :D) xx
DeleteWow what a beautiful place you have.
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly Nicole xx
DeleteDear Sue I just love "pottering" with you. What lovely photos and I can see your creative work in the garden - the lily pond and everywhere. It is such fun to visit you where the sun is shining and summer is happening. Winter fog have enveloped our part of the world today. Very drizzly but warmer - almost 47 degrees - snow is melting. Have a super day. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie, thanks very much... glad you enjoyed a bit of 'pottering' ;D)
Deleteoooh, it sounds cold over your way - but pretty!! Cheers xx
Thanks for the tour! My Hubby grows veggies, too, and they are a fabulous addition to our meals.
ReplyDeleteHi Betty,
DeleteYes, it's always enjoyable eating homegrowns, thanks for your visit :D)
Nice to see all those lovely plants. I love that little green frog. So cool.
ReplyDeletethanks kindly John - all the best :D)
DeleteI smiled all the way through this post (especially at thr chooks). Thank you for the behind the scenes glimpse into your day. So cool. xx
ReplyDeleteaw that's so nice, thanks very much Vicki :D) xx
Deleteyour delightful post reminded me my olden days of childhood and early youth when i lived with my parents in northern part of the country and used to feed lots of chicken in house with corn grains .
ReplyDeleteAustralia sounds to have high temps like here this southern part of country where i live now.
our summers are so hard and temp rise over to 50 mostly until september .
you are surrounded by nature's kindness my friend!
wonderful plants.
your dear hubby's veggie garden looks cool.
fish is so pretty and loved the hanging plants either
Hi Sue, I loved every image.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful are their foliage.
I loved the vases.
Good weekend.
Hugs.