Sharing My Darling hubby's clever little deception of the white cabbage moths.
He printed out pictures of them, which he covered in clear self-adhesive plastic and then glued them to a fine wire....
... the idea being that because Cabbage Moths are territorial, they won't encroach on anothers 'patch'
Hubby likes to garden without using pesticides or herbicides and so this little bit of fun trickery looks set to work.
I love the look of them too, so it ticks the 'pretty' box as well! 😊
This is his vegie patch, and the long sections of plastic tarp laid down for a few weeks burn any weeds in readiness for planting, laying down of the watering system and then heavy mulching.
Fresh home grown vegies - yum!
great the idea with white cabbage moths!
ReplyDeleteyum the veggies, beautiful the garden!
Happy new week,
Elke
Thanks Elke.
DeleteI hope your week is happy too :D) xx
What a great idea.
ReplyDeleteYou just can't beat fresh home grown vegetables ... definitely yum!
Enjoy the new week
All the best Jan
Home grown are such a treat, absolutely!
DeleteCheers Jan :D) xx
Muy interesante Sue. Feliz semana.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "Very interesting Sue. Happy week."
DeleteGlad you enjoyed the post Teresa, thanks for your visit! xx
What a clever little dickens your hubby is. If it works. I’ll have to make some of my own!
ReplyDeleteI too like to grow food without nasty chemicals
He is by golly Angela!! Will do an update... cheerio for now xx
DeleteWhat a great idea, hope it works!
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine, yes indeed... keeping our fingers crossed :D) xx
DeleteThat is a fantastic idea! I can imagine how good the home made veggies will taste, have fun! Have a good start i the new week, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteAppreciate your visit Valerie. We've had a lovely start to the new week thanks, a bit of rain and today is looking really nice. Cheers to you :D) xx
DeleteI've read this trick for white cabbage butterflies before but never got round to do it...I was only planning to cut white plastic yogurt pots to form butterfly shapes but your hubby's idea is even much 'posh-er'. Wishing you and your hubby a beautiful week in your garden:)
ReplyDeleteThe white shapes would work too I'd imagine Annie. Putting them on thin wire helps them move in a breeze and they look so realistic.
DeleteThanks for visiting and all the best to you and yours :D) xx
Hello dear Sue!What a fantastic idea your hubby had!
ReplyDeleteI know how home made vegetable are I have a little garden too that I take care !
Thank you for your kind comment on my post!
Have a fabulous new week!
Dimi...🍆🥔🍠🥒🥕
Lovely to see you Dimi, and thank you.
DeleteIt's always a joy taking care of a garden isn't it... and the vegies or herbs are the extra bonus.
Cheers and good wishes :D) xx
Hello, that is a great idea. Your veggie patch looks beautiful! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Eileen, always enjoy your visits :D) xx
DeleteVery clever from your hubby and the look nice! You are lucky to have fresh veggies from your own garden!
ReplyDeleteHappy November Sue!
Thank you for showing this lovely idea!!!
We are very lucky having fresh vegies - he puts a lot of daily work into his very productive garden, orchard and vineyard... they keep him happily busy :D)
DeleteThanks for your lovely visits Susi xx
What a great idea, Sue. Your hubby's garden looks to be a great one when all is planted. We lost tomatoes over the hornworms this year, but did get some good peppers. I guess the worms don't like chili peppers, haha! We'll try again next year for tomatoes...but, we never seem to get it right! Running behind on blogging this past weekend. Had a lot of Birthday stuff to do and Halloween to get ready for. My little Scootie is having a pretty good month's end. Happy week to you, and hugs! Great job to MD! ♥
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne, that was a shame about the tomatoes... when something decides to hit en masse it's such a loss. I googled them and, gosh, they're voracious things all right. Better luck next year!
DeleteSounds like you're having a lot of happy busy times at home - thanks for your visit and enjoy all the fun with little Scootie (lol, he's growing so fast isn't he... have to stop calling him 'little' soon). Hugs xx
Great idea!!! That is a wonderful garden.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Nicole, appreciated! Cheers :D) xx
DeleteWhat a clever idea indeed! I am so impressed by the size and scope of your garden!
ReplyDeleteLots of wonderful produce to come!
Thanks Christine. My darling hubby works out in it each day that he can... a little here and a little there and it all mounts up. He's got a lot of seedlings to plant out that he's raised.
DeleteYes, lots of goodies to come :D) xx Thanks for your visit!
Great idea! Have a nice day;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Anne --- you too! xx
Deletesuch a clever idea and it looks good and most of all.. I LOVE your garden area, wow.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy, all that area is the result of my dear hubby's daily attentions. He recently purchased a smaller mechanical tiller rather than having to dig - it's wonderful for his back and enables him to still have his vegie patch.
DeleteAppreciate your lovely comments, cheers now :D) xx
Good for your hubby and I sure hope it works! That garden looks wonderful -- I would hate to share it with the moths and a non poisionous way to keep them out is perfect.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sallie, it'd be great if it did and I can't see why not because they look so realistic. Appreciate your kind thoughts... cheerio for now xx
DeleteWhat a great idea! You'll have to let us know if it works! Looks like you are going to have a great garden. xx K
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen, yes I'll definitely do an update... we've had more rain and then back down to 7degC so I think Spring is on hold for a bit once more ;D)
DeleteCheers! xx
Your hubby sounds like a master gardener, such a clever and creative idea. Fresh, home grown vegetables and better still, no pesticides. Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHi Denise, yes indeedy... he loves to garden and grow. It's harder work without the pesticides but he perseveres. He likes to keep active too. Cheers xx
DeleteDear Sue what a great idea...will try to remember this next year in my garden. Looks like you will be enjoying lots of yummy veggies. Take care and have a super day. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThank Debbie, we're certainly looking forward to more home-growns this year! Always beaut to have you visit - all the best to you :D) xx
Deleteomgoodness, what a great idea and his garden is so beautiful. home grown is always the best - it's so fun to pick foods and eat them an hour later. it doesn't get any better or fresher than that!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so right Debbie, it's a real treat having home growns.
DeleteHubby's garden is wonderful and he keeps so active out in it every day.
Appreciate your visit, cheers for now xx 🍅
What a fantastic idea! I may have to try it! Good on Hubby :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Betty, the little white moth shapes are holding up well in this bit of bad weather we've been having too! Cheers :D)
DeleteI loved the little moth. They look quite real to me. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Monica :D) xx
DeleteThe painted butterflies are a great idea. Big thumbs up on the no –icides. The big question: Have they worked? I wonder what we could paint to keep the cockatoos, but not the other birds, away.
ReplyDeleteWhat a huge garden! And here I thought ours was big. But you are so right: Nothing beats home-grown vege. :)
Thanks Vicki, I saw some real cabbage moths in the yard yesterday and they didn't land on the new plants... so far, so good.
DeleteYes, I wonder if the cockatoos have a nemesis! They're so noisy as they rip and crunch through the tree tops !