Friday, July 7, 2017

Aloe... Happy Paint Party Friday

Hello!

Inspired by our Aloe growing in a pot on the kitchen window today....

Having fun with the watercolours... keeping it simple and loose, not overthinking,  just enjoying the moment!
"Aloe... Happy Friday"
Watercolour and inkpen

Linking to Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday, where the happiest of artists gather... and everyone's welcome! 

79 comments:

  1. Love your painting, just beautiful. I have an Aloe in my kitchen, too, it's one of the few plants that always survives! Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie, thank you. I hadn't realised how hardy it is and what a great indoor plant it makes until I saw one being grown by one of our dear granddaughters. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  2. wonderful this painting!
    Happy Day
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elke - lovely to see you :D)

      Delete
  3. That's how it should be - "enjoying the moment" of creation.The result is a lovely painting of a lovely, most beneficial plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Duta... to do otherwise would be to miss another Paint Party Friday - I love it when I step into those moments, I appreciate your words.

      It really is a most beneficial plant, and being in the kitchen is keeping first aid close at hand ;D) Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Another lovely painting Sue :) wishing you a very happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lots Denise - enjoy your weekend too :D)

      Delete
  5. Isn't Aloe the best! I need to get another one (we always had them growing up)! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Lovely to have you visit... cheers now :D)

      Delete
  6. It is lovely Sue from Australia...me too...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 thanks Mandy, beaut to have you visit! :D)

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous painting, Sue!!! Thank you so much for sharing, I admire and appreciate your talent! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely of you to say, many thanks Linda [grinning]... enjoy your weekend too :D)

      Delete
  8. This is beautifully inspired, a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine... thank you very much!

      Delete
    2. p.s. Christine, you inspire me to keep things uncluttered and to focus on one thing in a painting. I love your minimalist approach to your art :D)

      Delete
  9. Your aloe watercolor is pretty. Happy weekend Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Riitta - enjoy your weekend as well won't you :D)

      Delete
  10. real;y pretty watercolor Sue. Love the idea of keeping it simple and loose but it's not always easy for me:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, I really appreciate your thoughts here :D)

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful painting, Sue! Right now I am aloe-less but I have had the plant in the past and it looked just like this. Thanks so much for the sweet comment about my header banner and what would have been my 60th anniversary. I am thankful that we made it to 56.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you very much Faye. They're certainly a well-liked plant.
      That's really lovely to have been together for those years xx

      Delete
  12. Ja, liebe Sue, den Moment genießen, Dinge tun, die man liebt, ganz bei sich sein und alles andere vergessen. Das tut der Seele so gut!
    Dein Wasserfarbenbild von der Aloe vera gefällt mir sehr.
    Ein schönes Wochenende und liebe Grüße aus Germany 'vom anderen Ende der Welt',
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Yes, dear Sue, enjoy the moment, do things you love, be completely at ease and forget everything else. This is so good for the soul!
      I like your watercolour of aloe vera.
      A nice weekend and greetings from Germany from the other end of the world,
      Edith"


      Thanks very much for visiting Edith and for leaving your lovely comment... always appreciated. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  13. Hello, Sue! Your Aloe watercolor is pretty. You are talented. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen and many thanks for your lovely comments - always appreciated. Have a great weekend yourself! Cheers :D)

      Delete
  14. Simple and loose and not overthinking is the best way to go! This is such a lovely painting of a wonderful plant. I always have one around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, yes, it always works and I end up with something I'm happy with.
      It's certainly a versatile plant ... I even tried using the gel as a face pack once! Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  15. Wonderful! Aloe is one of my faves and your painting is lovely! Painting is always a wonderful moment to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Sal and also for leaving your beaut comment. You're right about that and its so nice to pop around and see everyones' moments of art too... cheers!

      Delete
  16. Love your Aloe painting! I used to raise Aloe a lot, and haven't had any in years-I think you've inspired me to pick some up for another bit of greenery in the house. Have a wonderful weekend, Sue! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, lovely to see you again. Good for you, they're so easy to grow aren't they ... and so very forgiving (however, I suspect you look after your plants better than I ;D)) Hope you get one for the inside. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  17. Lovely! Have a nice weekend Sue;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely watercolour of the aloe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. a good plant to have around, we always used the gel inside when chuck would get a sunburn!!!

    the watercolor is beautiful, sometimes less is more and certainly more fun when you don't overthink things!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, yes it's a goodie for that - instant soothing.
      Thanks very much ... overthinking can sap lots of different energies can't it!

      Delete
  20. Gorgeous and oh-so-cheerful! Happy PPF! (I am Number 32!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your wonderful watercoloring! Great! I nearly bought an aloe this week - but than didn't -- I should have buy it... and try to paint it like you did it here! WONDERFUL!
    Happy weekend Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susi... there's always next week ;D) Cheers now

      Delete
  22. Love your Aloe, wish I had one in my kitchen to paint! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your pretty painting of the aloe. You've captured those interesting shapes so well. Wishing you a good weekend Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  24. that is very pretty. It looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest Sue; Oh, Beautiful Painting of "Aloe" growing in your kitchen。 My late mother loved the plant and was growing as well. I cannot say with the technical word (♡˘◡˘♡) but I really love the soft and elegant atmosphere your paintings have♡♡♡
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Miyako, that's so nice my Aloe brought back lovely memories for you.
      You are always so eloquent and your description of my painting is so beautiful, I love it... thank you so much.
      I hope all is well and I look forward to catching up with you very soon. Cheers now :D) xx

      Delete
  26. many years ago I had this plant in a pot. Eventually it died and I have not seen any in years. Nice to see yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, that's a shame Monica - I'm really happy you enjoyed seeing this one :D) Thanks for your visit

      Delete
  27. i like your loose style - very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sandy, it's lovely of you to say. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  28. Ola Sue, linda inspiração.
    Abraços.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janicce, thanks so much - cheers to you :D)

      Delete
  29. Beautiful painting inspired by your kitchen plant dear Sue!

    your art always touches my heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Baili, lovely of you to visit, thank you for your beautiful comment. I hope you're continuing to do well. I look forward to catching up soon. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  30. This is a lovely water color picture of aloe. I especially like the softness of colors. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the aloe sketch and enjoyed looking at all your nature photographs on your blog, you are a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandee, and thank you very much... glad you enjoyed :D)

      Delete
  32. I love this. I also have a pot with aloe in my window. :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. When I moved here last year, first plant I got was the Aloe(they wouldn't bring any of my plants. . . had to give them all away). I love the red cottage, if I can find mine, it will be yellow. I've drawn it for years (even knitted them). Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely also having an Aloe... so sorry about your plants. Hopefully they ended up with other plant lovers :D)
      It's nice to draw our little cottages isn't it

      Delete
  34. Beautiful! I really like your painting style -- it's fluid, unique and warm. Just like you. :)

    Keep enjoying those free and easy moments, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Vicki -I really appreciate your visit and lovely comments. I must get back to painting as soon as I can. Cheers! xx

      Delete
  35. Replies
    1. Thank you kindly!
      I'm sorry for my late response, Blogger had put your comment in the "Spam" folder and I've only just found it.

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx