Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Windflowers ~ Floral Bliss

Hello!

Posting with some pretties this morning... Japanese Anenomes:


When out in the garden, they flutter gently in the breeze and remind me of graceful ballerinas:
taking a bow .... applause for that pretty ballerina in pink! 

These photos are from a bunch I picked a couple of years ago from Mum's garden:

and then photographed them like crazy indoors:

I love everything about them, right down to their spent middles:

Wouldn't you have thought I'd have graced them with a better vase!
Never mind, they're so beautiful that they even pretty up an apple cider bottle... clever little windflowers 😊



Linking to Riitta's Floral Bliss.
Why not pop over and see what's happening, you'll be made so welcome: 

62 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful; lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue ... these flowers are just beautiful.
    Nature at its best.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jan, nature at its best - I definitely agree! Cheers now

      Delete
  3. Wow Sue, absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An exquisite flower Sue. Your photos are super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japanese anemones are such beauties <3 I have that in pink, but changed its growing place.... Hope it shall show some blooms...

    Wishing you a lovely day Sue & sending hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riitta, I think your plant will be fine, even with you having changed it's place. They're very tough plants - I was amazed where ours popped up again.
      Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  6. They are sweet, a little like cosmos or am I dreaming? My grandfather years ago threw a handful of orange cosmos seeds out of the car window as we drove up the highway to Caloundra. Nowadays when I see those flowers growing in median strips or along the side of any road, I think of him. Of course, not exactly PC nowadays, sowing non-native plants willy nilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sandy, they are a bit like cosmos (another favourite of mine). Oh gosh, those seeds your grandfather scattered would have spread no worries... cosmos are prolific with their re-seeding. Well, he certainly brightened up boring old highways eh!! Lovely memories for you :D)

      Delete
  7. These flower photos are just wonderful, love everything about them. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Valerie - appreciate you saying so :D)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful photos! I like Japanese anemons, have the withe in my garden (not luck with the pink, had planted too... ), when they begin to bloom, the summer will end soon (a little sadness)
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you Mascha. Yes, I have to say that when I grew them here in my garden, only the white came up. My Mum successfully grew both colours.
      Cheers and I appreciate your visit :D)

      Delete
  9. They are so delicate a graceful looking but I suspect they are pretty hardy plants. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once they've started to grow they certainly are hardy Diane. They are sturdy too - can get fairly tall but no need to stake them! Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  10. The Japanese anemones are so pretty. I like the way you've captured their graceful beauty from every angle. The petals do look like a ballerina's tutu - you're right. Your arrangement would make a good subject for a lovely painting. Perhaps you've already done one? Wishing you a peaceful day Sue. Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Linda. I do get a bit fanciful but I can definitely see those pretty tutus bobbing around :D)
      I have also been thinking of it for a painting - lovely, and I appreciate your suggestion. Bye now

      Delete
  11. Your Japanese Anenomes images are stunning! have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Prunella - lovely to have you visit :D)

      Delete
  12. Your photos do great justice to the beauty and grace of the anemones. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you to say Duta, thank you :D)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Many thanks Anne - Sending greetings to you too :D)

      Delete
  14. you have a way with words...with descriptions!! we have regular ones here, i always get purple...i think their time has passed. your images are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say Debbie - thank you.
      I'm happy you can get the purple variety! Yes, they definitely only like it when the weather is cool. Cheerio for now :D) xx

      Delete
  15. They are gorgeous Sue!!!
    I love your vase...these beauties could make an empty soup can look like an heirloom!!!

    Hugs 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jan... I reckon you're right~ Cheers :D)

      Delete
  16. These flowers are GORGEOUS! Love the pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine and thanks. Yes it's a lovely shade of pink isn't it :D)

      Delete
  17. Dearest Sue; OMG!!! What Sweet and Beautiful Japanese Anenomes from your garden and from your Mother's garden♡♡♡ I truly agree with you that they remind us of graceful ballerinas; great expression, Dear friend(*^.^*)~*☆ Making me wish to walk your garden with you♫♫♫

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miyako - you would be so familiar of course with these sweet flowers.
      That's a lovely thought, to walk our garden... I'd take great pleasure in showing you around but we would definitely need our coats, hats and scarves today ;D) Thanks for your visit and I send you good cheers back :D) xx

      Delete
  18. This are amazing flowers and equally amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Nicole - nature always has lots of lovely surprises doesn't she (ha ha, we won't mention the not so lovely ones ;D))
      Cheers now !

      Delete
  19. Beautiful flowers...sweet and delicate colours...lovely photos!
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Ruby, really nice to have you visit :D)

      Delete
  20. Beautiful Anenomes! They are like whimsical little fairies! And, I don't think they mind being stuck in a cider bottle. Your photographs are the greatest, a lovely post! Have a wonderful weekend, Sue! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a lovely description Suzanne - yes they are :D)
      Thanks for your visit and enjoy your weekend too.
      I admire your profile pic - hugs xx

      Delete
  21. Hello Sue, these are beauties. Gorgeous flowers and photos. I love the pretty color. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen - those soft colours are always lovely aren't they :D)

      Delete
  22. So lovely, Sue, and I agree with Suzanne, they look fine in the green bottle. Your blog is a lovely calm oasis, always a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sheila :D)
      I'm glad you get that from my blog... thanks for telling me. It's always lovely to catch up with you. Cheers now

      Delete
  23. Beautiful anemones. I'm always plunking flowers in bottles, too, and I think they look fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorrie, thankyou, it was lovely of you to comment. Cheers!

      Delete
  24. Hello Sue. I know you're in Victoria so could you tell me how much sun/shade/heat/ water these beautiful flowers need. Will they grow in Melbourne or are they more suited to say Sydney with its slightly different climate.

    Great photos by the way. The blooms look quite magical with the sun coming through behind them.

    Cathy @ Still Waters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, sorry for late reply... computer (and computerer) probs ;D)

      Yes, most certainly you'd be able to grow Windflowers in your area. They like our temperate climate and do well in most any position I've found.
      They're very forgiving if they don't get regular drinks too... just a slight sulking which is shown in the leaves but will bounce back no problems. Cheers and enjoy! Thanks for your visit too :D)

      Delete
  25. Such beautiful little flowers... quite dreamy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda, thank you - yes, that's a good description of them :D)

      Delete
  26. Priceless photos. They really cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn, really glad they have that effect on you... cheers from me too :D)

      Delete
  27. Hello Sue,
    found your blog and still admire your lovely, wonderful pictures you took from your Japanese Anemones.
    Regards from Germany
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sigrid, thank you very much for your visit, I do appreciate it.
      I'm delighted that you enjoy these pretty flowers :D)

      Delete
  28. Stunning, Sue. Great captures, but my fav has to be the arrangement in the cider bottle. Are you sure you weren't a floral designer in a past life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicki, thanks for that :D) made my day! xx

      Delete
  29. Gosh they are beautiful. I think I've found something new for my garden, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't be sorry growing them Sandy, they're pretty tough too. Only thing, mine have been savaged by the extreme heat - I am going to move (what's left of) them so that they get the sun but in slightly dappled way. Once they're in your garden, they re-grow each year. Thanks for your visit :D) xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx