Hello!
I really hope your week is going along just fine.
Things are lovely here.... electric blanket set to "sizzle" at night, and yet the days still have some beautiful sunshine!
Blissing out with Riitta over at her blogspot today as we all indulge in showing off the most gorgeous blooms created by Mother Nature.
Here's a sweet little Orchid growing in our garden:
| It's a Crucifix Orchid... an Epidendrum of some sort. A cutting of which was given to me by one of my Sisters and its vine grew and grew! |
| ... so many aerial roots |
![]() |
| Standing under looking upwards... I love these kind of shots! |
When we look at flowers how can we not smile?
Thank you for visiting,
Sue xx
Linking to Riitta's Floral Bliss.
Why not pop over and see what's happening, you'll be made so welcome:


Your orchids are lovely.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Carol, this is a special one... from my Sister A :D)
DeleteI'm with you on the sizzle setting:)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing what those with 'green fingers ' can do. Love the orchid - does it grow inside or out
Cathy
ha ha, we love our 'leccie' ;D)
DeleteI've never thought of growing it inside but, yes, no reason why not... gosh it's hardy. It's still in the same hanging pot from 7 years ago, I occasionally slosh some worm wee over it!
Just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Christine :D)
DeleteReally beautiful, Sue! I love orchids. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for visiting Linda - glad you enjoyed them :D)
DeleteYour tiny orchid is so pretty, sparkling color etc. Oh how I envy your climate, we can't dream of growing orchids outside.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week Sue!
Thanks Riitta, so happy you enjoyed seeing it. Yes, we are lucky - there's something blooming all year round... can't ask better than that. Cheers and lovely to see you :D)
DeleteI am loving your pictures, thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Peggy!
DeleteFantastic blooms, I love your orchid, o beautiful. I never have any luck with orchids. Have a great day, keep warm. Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you like them Valerie, it's the fact that they're very tough that they survive for me ;D) Cheers now !
DeleteYour pretty orchid flowers are delightful and it's a blessing to be able to grow them outside especially as this one was from a cutting given to you. I like the shot looking up at the sky and the textured look of the image. Wishing you a 'sunny' day and a cozy evening.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda, thank you!
DeleteI should have explained that I was looking up through the shade cloth of our shade house to the sky.
Cheers now :D)
Beautiful orchids!
ReplyDeleteThanks June... I've a feeling now I may have already done a post on these particular ones, but it's a few years ago if it was. Appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteYou are brave trying to grow an orchid! Sigh, my thumb is not that green - I had a few of them die! Thank you for your kind comments on my post:):)
ReplyDeleteHi there Jesh, I'm sorry you had a few orchids die... it's disappointing isn't it when things like that happen. Thanks so much for visiting, cheerio for now :D)
DeleteHi Sue I'm back again, firstly to congratulate you on such beautiful flowers (I love Orchids)but mainly to thank you for all your comments on my posts. I hope you don't mind but I've only answerd the comment on my last post, as you know there are only so many hours in the day, and so much to do.
ReplyDeleteDo take care, hope the chicks are doing well, Gordon.
Hello Gordon, thanks for your visit and lovely comment.
DeleteI couldn't resist leaving a comment on each of those interesting posts of yours - the Eden Project in particular was fascinating. We each do what we can, when we can, in regard to our blogs, that's the thing I love about blogging. If we allow it to become a 'chore' then that'd take all the pleasure out of it.
The chicks are doing really well thanks... in fact, they're growing so fast I must take some more photos ('more' meaning another hundred or so ;D)).
Cheers now!!
Hello Sue, your orchids are just beautiful. Lovely photos. Enjoy the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday, enjoy your day!
aw, that's so lovely of you Eileen and yes thanks today was a perfect day!
Deleteflowers are pure joy sue...you did an excellent job capturing the joy of this flower!! i loved how you described your days...and your blanket set to sizzle!!! our days here are just set to sizzle, all by themselves!!!
ReplyDeleteThey certainly are Debbie. Thanks for saying that and I'm really glad you felt like you did.
DeleteOh I could feel how hot it is over there from your last post... just a few short weeks and everything can change can't it.
I bet your birdies look forward to their fresh water morning bath these days at your place.
Find a cool spot and put your feet up. Cheerio :D) xx
Dear Sue - this is a gorgeous orchard. Something that does not grow well in my part of the world. Really enjoy seeing yours. Have a great week. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie, it always surprises me when it flowers... there's not a lot of build up - it seemingly just appears! Cheers now :D)
DeleteHi Sue. What a beautiful orchid! Looks like it just loves its environment. Your climate must be perfect for them even in winter! Hope you're doing well, hugs to you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHello Suzanne, glad you enjoyed it - yes, the harshest we get are some frosts at this time of year. The shadecloth shelter my hubby made for my mini-rainforest really keeps them sheltered.
DeleteAll good here thanks and I hope it's the same with you... not too hot !
Dear Sue,
ReplyDeleteyour orchid is simply stunning, it really won my heart, thank you for sharing your so lovely shots !
Wishing you a most beautiful remainder of your week
XOXO Daniela
Thanks very much Dany, I was really happy to share its beauty and appreciate your lovely visit ... cheers now :D)
DeleteOh, how beautiful flower! Wonderful end of the week Sue ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne, I was really knocked out at the explosion of colour in your garden now all that snow has gone! Cheers :D)
Deletean unusual flower. Don´t think I have seen it before. It is beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Monica, glad you liked it. I'm amazed at how tough it is, I never pamper it, in fact I'm downright mean in the way I look after my plants nowadays but they still keep giving! :D)
DeleteOlá Sue, linda flor.
ReplyDeleteBoa continuação de semana.
janicce.
Translation: "Hi Sue, beautiful flower.
DeleteGood continuation of the week."
Hello Janicce, thanks so much... and you have a great week too. :D)
Such lovely Orchids Sue...very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh, how I wish that I could snuggle under a blanket! Instead I am trying to set the air conditioning to seventy or lower just to breath with all the heat and humidity that has hit the Midwest here in the states 😨
Have a beautiful day!
Big Hugs 💟
Hello Jan, always lovely to see you, thanks for your comments.
DeleteThere's those times when the air conditioner is needed...
Enjoy your weekend, Cheers!
Wow !! These are very original flowers, really beautiful and unique !!
ReplyDeleteGreetings
Thank you Ela, lovely of you to visit :D)
DeleteIf I haven't told you before how pretty I think your header is, I'm saying it now. It's lovely Sue and so are your flowers. You can't help but smile looking at them. I love a little nip in the air at night to sleep in, especially when you can hide under the blankets :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise, really appreciate that. I'm glad the flowers have given you a smile too.
DeleteEnjoy your weekend and great to catch up :D)
Hi Nora, yes it is thanks! My Sister A gave us so many succulents and cuttings when we first moved into our home here and throughout the years has continued to pot up little treats. Cheers now :D)
ReplyDeleteOrchids are such a pretty flower ...
ReplyDeleteLovely to see your photographs Sue
Enjoy your Autumnal days ...
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan, it's beaut to look out and down into our little rainforest and see that patch of colour from them!
DeleteCheers to you :D)
I'm having a heckuva week. Lovely post, though.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenn, well I hope that your weekend evens everything out ;D) Cheers and thanks for your visit!
DeleteUsually I am not a big fan of orchids, but this one is so beautiful that I just love it. How beautiful, and such a gorgeous color. No wonder you enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteHello Carola, Years ago I tried to look after orchids as per the gardening 'Rules'... that lasted one season, now I give them scant attention and an occasional dose of worm wee and they're happy... and I'm happy.
DeleteLovely to have you visit :D)
Ohhh my that flower is just gorgeous. Well done on the photography.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicole, very much!
DeleteA sweet little orchid and a beautiful colour.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you, thanks Diane :D)
DeleteWell where I live growing an Orchid outside is unthinkable, and yours has such a vibrant colour.
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend, Gordon.
We're spoilt with our climate and I appreciate every minute of it. Thanks Gordon! :D)
DeleteReally lovely indeed, warm greetings to you.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for visiting and leaving your lovely comment :D)
DeleteIt's a lovely splash of red to greet us, what a beautiful flower.
ReplyDeleteI love your header, it's a happy scene.
Hi Sheila, thanks so much.
DeleteAlso appreciate your comments re my header - yes, it is a scene of a very happy place .. we love (and appreciate) having the life we do. Cheers now!
Dearest Sue; OMG♪ How Gorgeous 'Crucifix Orchid'is; I LOVE the cute red color and the contrast with yellow♡♡♡ It must be such a joyful time to see and enjoy them in your garden, Dear friend. So sorry for my belated comment; my heart got brightened with this lovely flower(♡˘◡˘♡)
ReplyDeleteSending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Hello there Miyako! I'm so happy you love the colour of this sweet little Orchid, it's very small - I should have held my hand near to show that.
DeletePlease do not worry about belated comments... you will see from me that I am hardly ever on time. We get together eventually don't we :D) xx
What a lovely burst of colour to brighten up even the most grey of winter day. It's easy to see why it's called a Crucifix orchid.
ReplyDeleteStay warm...
Thanks Vicki - it is... and it's still flowering today - they last and last!
DeleteCheers and stoke the fire, it's getting colder by the minute ;D) xx