It's been delightful seeing how our Matchstick Bromeliad is causing so much attention to be given by the little birds in our yard.
The nectar must taste delicious because it is popular.
Here are a couple of photos that I was so lucky to have taken through the window one afternoon recently and I wish to share with you:
| An Eastern Spinebill with its brush-tipped 'tongue' already out in anticipation..... |
| oh gosh I was so thrilled to capture this one frame |
I'm sorry I haven't been contributing to Memes . I can't keep up, but love visiting blogfriends and I also love posting as and when.
Cheerio and...
The photos are GORGEOUS! Those blue bits must be like candy! Have a good rest of the week, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThank you Valerie... yes, I didn't realise just how sweet they were. Lovely to see you :D)
DeleteBrilliant picture Sue. xx
ReplyDeleteSo glad you enjoyed, thanks Lin :D)
DeleteHello, Sue! Your flowers are lovely and what an awesome bird! Great photos! I hope your day is great!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Eileen, good wishes to you too :D)
DeleteYour second photo is stunning - you caught the moment! Birds are clever, they find the prettiest and tastiest blooms. Wishing you a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteHello Riitta, thank goodness for my camera close at hand and I could put on multi-shot and go for it! Happy weekend to you too :D)
DeleteLove these photos Sue and you took great photos from your window!!!
ReplyDeleteWe should only blog when we feel up to it. I also feel burned out a bit and I have slowed down some with my postings.
Great Big Hugs xoxoxo
Hi Jan, and thank you, I have to keep that window clean now ;D)
DeleteYes, I'm pacing myself and just do a little each day... it works out well that way.
Cheerio now :D)
Your photos are just gorgeous, thank you for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to take a couple of weeks off from blogging soon. I love it and enjoy 'chatting' with all my blogging friends but just sometimes a little me time is also important.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hi Barbara, lovely to see you and I'm really glad you enjoyed my photos. Yes, it's important to have a balance between things. Enjoy your break and I'll visit before then. Cheers now!
DeleteOh, how beautiful a small bird !! Greetings
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne we do love those tiny birds especially. Cheers now!
DeleteA great shot of the moment when the bird tasted the nectar in that beautiful flower Thank you for sharing Sue.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, it was such a lucky shot of a really beaut moment!
DeleteYour Matchstick Bromeliad is so attractive...no wonder the little birds love it! It is difficult to capture birds in flight, and, you did a splendid job-steady at hand! It is good to see you, Sue, and I love your coffee tray. Have a wonderful weekend! xxoo
ReplyDeleteIt's always a real thrill when those colours come up from the fairly plain bromeliad leaves! Thanks Suzanne, really glad you enjoyed them all - love your visit :D)
DeleteLovely photos from your window!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Christine :D)
DeleteHi Sue, I hope you are dong ok.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photographs and the birds were enjoying their feast!
Take care ...
I'll make you a cuppa!
All the best Jan
Well Sue I hope your dong is ok!!! LOL!
DeleteYes, it should be doing ok, and I hope you are
My good wishes
All the best Jan
aw thanks Jan, yes going along great thanks... taking things slower that's all :D)
Deletelol, had a little chuckle at your dong ;D) Cheers now!
Sue, your photos are really beautiful, and I love your header! :)
ReplyDeleteso beaut... many thanks Linda :D)
Deletei remember seeing this bird here before, with hummingbird features!!! the flower is gorgeous, sweet i'm sure and the right color for attracting the birdies!!!
ReplyDeletehave a wonderful weekend sue!!!
oh yes Debbie, the Eastern Spinebill is one of my very favourites in the garden and they're so hard to photo being such busy lizzies!
DeleteThanks so much, and you have a lovely weekend as well :D)
What a decorative thing to see out of the window with the humming bird and all. You must live in a really wonderful place. I always like seeing the stuff in your blog.
ReplyDeleteIt was a huge thrill - almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it hovering like that Jenny. My hands shook as I took the photos - luckily camera had that auto anti-shake thingy!! Thanks for your kind words :D)
DeleteLove the colour and structure of the Matchstick Bromeliad flower. Quite unique. The Eastern Spinebill is certainly taking full advantage of it. Great capture, Sue.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Vicki, the Bromeliads blow me away with their beautiful spikes or whatever they're called. Lucky shot that one ;D) xx
DeleteVery pretty flowers!
ReplyDeletenever saw them around ,but yes you are so right that little feathered beauties are so fond of their tasty juice.
how strange that all that these birds eat or drink is only through these flowers .
you were able to take good shot through you window my friend,nice lenses and wonderful art of capturing.Lovely photos indeed
Thanks Baili, glad you enjoyed them - they are feathered beauties indeed - a lovely description. When they fly past they make a little 'zooming' noise, we call them miniature jet planes!!
DeleteCheerio and take care - sending you some cool air :D)
Hi Nora, yes thanks all going well. Appreciate you visiting and leaving your comment - it's nice to know what you think in regard to this template too, it's one that I haven't been inclined to change for a while now :D)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flower and an amazing capture. Well done.
ReplyDeleteAppreciate that, thanks Lynda!
DeleteFabulous photos
ReplyDeleteThanks very kindly Nicole :D)
DeleteDearest Sue; What a bright and sweet post this is and " Daily happinesses" sure is the right title♡♡♡ I LOVE your new shawl crocheted by your Daughter♪ I admire your talent, enjoyed seeing the work "before completed". Color really brightened my heart.
ReplyDeleteOh, I've never had experience with them. Interesting to read about yours :-) And Love to see my first Satin Bower Bird from your country♫♫♫
Your new window boxes is beautifully arranged. Your husband is also really helpful like mine, he likes carpentry work and very handy man for me ;-)
It is unusually hot for May. Please enjoy cool autumn season. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, Dear friend in Australia.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Thanks very much Miyako, and I'm really please you've enjoyed my blogposts. It's always nice to talk about things that mean so much to us and that make us happy isn't it. I love our blogging, no matter where in the world we all are, there's always the need to feel happy and when we share it, it seems to be even better!
DeleteThank you too for leaving your lovely thoughts here and I hope that the extra warmth in your weather will settle down. Yes, we are enjoying the Autumn coolness as a change. Keep well and until next time, cheerio for now :D) xx