We've been enjoying beautiful Autumn days - sunny, with a coolish nip in the air as the sun goes down.
I hope your days have been equally as beautiful in their own way 😊
![]() |
| A happy little camera effect of the sun shining through the trees as I snapped the carpet of leaves from our Tibouchinas |
A lovingly made gift:
![]() |
| Can't hide my grin... as I show off my gorgeous shawl crocheted for me by our Dear Daughter. It's so cosy. Best of all, it was made with love and feels like a nice warm hug xx |
Painting is also a happiness:
| Acrylic on watercolour paper. I followed the instructions of Angela Anderson and added my little bit extra |
![]() |
| Here's the 'before' shot |
| ... and completed, done in Watercolour, ink pen with a gold border |
![]() |
| These are pre-prepared cards. Some can hang around for a while, but its nice to have the backgrounds done and dry in readiness for when the urge to paint hits :D) |
| My version of a rainforest! |
Linking to Paint Party Friday
Now to breakfast!
![]() |
| A daily habit for years now ... a morning milk shake with raw egg and fruit. Always a happiness! |
A chookie update:
![]() |
| This is Chookie (aka Henny Penny). She came to us by chance at the beginning of this year (I posted about it here). |
Chookie is so keen to sit on as many eggs as she can that we're pretty sure she encourages Alice to lay her eggs in the same laying box that she's in. To get around that, I've marked the originals with a pencil and then I can remove any freshly laid ones that she's gathered underneath her:
![]() |
| I waited until Chookie went for her daily dustbath and feed before I marked her eggs... she's a very protective mother already and dishes out a sharp peck when I check her for extra eggs! |
![]() |
| Meet Roosterboy and Alice |
All the chooks give us a lot of happiness each day. Their antics are so funny at times, and they have both of us well trained ;D)
Birdy Happiness:
| Here's a lucky shot through our kitchen window! A male Satin Bower Bird giving a gift of a flower to the female. It's part of their mating ritual and we're sure his bower must be nearby. |
Evening settling down:
Linking to Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday:
Floral Happiness:
| My darling hubby built window boxes on our house for some of my pot plants. These two photos are of one of them. |
![]() |
| I often forget to water this particular succulent and yet it still gives such a beautiful display. Aren't they marvellous plants! |
A knock on the door this morning:
Linking to Riitta's Floral Bliss:
I'm now looking forward to getting around and visiting everyone over the next little while.














We used to live in Canberra and autumn was always my favorite time of year there with all the deciduous trees. We're in Colorado now, enjoying springtime:) Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteHi! The Autumn colours are stunning aren't they. Enjoy your Spring and thanks for visiting :D)
DeleteWhat a wonderful post, just filled with lovely photos and art. Your news hawl is great, enjoy wearing it, and I love all the plants and wild life you have around you, especially the photos of the two birds. Your chooks and chickens are great, how lovely to have really fresh eggs. Have a fantastic, new week, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Valerie, it is a very real treat to eat our fresh eggs and enjoy the chooks! Glad you enjoyed your visit, beaut to read your comment :D)
DeleteLovely happy post and beautiful art Sue, always a pleasure to stop by!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Christine - lovely to see you :D)
DeleteHello, What a lovely post. I love the chickens and birds. The birds plants and your paintings are beautiful. Your shawl is lovely too, I like that it is a hug from your daughter. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!
ReplyDeleteHi there Eileen, thank you for your visit. Heh heh, my pretty shawl rarely leaves my shoulders. Have a great week :D)
Deletea post filled to the brim with lovely art, photos, nature and love. I couldn't begin to comment on each but what a sweet thought regarding your shawl:) Love your watercolor art and the coffee mug is fab! Love all the birdies too. Happy PPF and happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, it took me a while to do this post... adding a bit each day! Glad you enjoyed it and lovely to see you. Cheers :D)
DeleteHi Sue! Lovely pictures and script;-))
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne, appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteYour shawl is so beautiful, Sue, and I absolutely love all your watercolours...especially the rainforest! I so admire and appreciate your talent. I hope you have had a great weekend. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda for your lovely comments. Yes it's the most beautiful shawl - I treasure it.
DeleteGlad you enjoyed everything and I loved your visit :D)
such beautiful pictures, that first one is especially lovely, and I love all the birds. And your neighbours are very sweet... Beautiful painting of the rain forest. I like the light in it!
ReplyDeleteThank you Denise, I appreciate you leaving your thoughts :D)
DeleteBeautiful pics. Oh how I wish I could paint!
ReplyDeleteBut I crochet and knit so that's how I divert my creative energies! Love the shawl. Yup hand made with love is the best. Xxx
Hello Angela, lovely to read your comment. Yes, we all do different things and love to do them. It's what keeps us happy and through them we can make others happy too eh! Cheers now :D)
DeleteA wonderful and jampacked post, Sue. The camera effect fits perfectly with the first pic.
ReplyDeleteWell done to your daughter on making such a beautiful shawl. I know you will appreciate it as winter approaches.
Lovely coffee cup and card paintings too.
I remember when we were kids, we had a hen who we called 'Penny'. So sad that hens have such an horrible life in the food industries. It's refreshing to see your 'girls' roaming about your yard.
That sure was a lucky shot of the Bower Bird couple!
We get galahs and cockatoos passing through and, on occasion, they will settle in the trees over the back for a short while before taking off again. I love to watch birds and their antics. SO many different bird varieties to enjoy.
The window boxes look great! I wonder what succulent you have in the hanging basket...looks lovely.
Such nice neighbours you have.
Have a great week ~ :)
Thank you kindly Serena. Oh yes, the shawl actually hasn't left my shoulders, good for reading in bed too... can drape it across arms ;D)
DeleteAppreciate your thoughts about my post. Yes, I hate the thought of the hens used for commercial purposes. Even when they're so called "free range" there's so many of them their pecking order would be unmanageable and they'd be in a constant state of frustration instead of contented. Ah well, I must get off my soapbox ;D)
Sorry, but I don't know what the succulent is called.
Great to catch up with you again.
Well you did have a lot of happiness this week - and I love the way you recounted all the happy things. I liked reading about your chickens. I have painted with Angela Anderson, too and I enjoy watching her videos. Hope you have a good week!
ReplyDeleteHi Laney, glad you enjoyed that. Another one of our new hens laid her first egg today so she of course got some extra pampering :D)
DeleteI remembered that it was a PPF blog-friend who'd recommended Angela's videos but couldn't remember exactly who because I was going to mention that suggestion. So, thanks once again - she's so easy to watch and listen to isn't she. Cheers now :D)
Wow! What a full post, lovely to read it all and see what you've been up to. Unlike me, who has been very slack of late with my blogging. Retirement for me has been painting the house and doing all those chores I put off for years. Loving all the photos but particularly the bower birds, how sweet! Thanks for a dose of happiness.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, beaut to see you. I kind of just kept adding to this post as I do my blogging in short stints now instead of long sessions. I realised I'd better draw it to a close or it'd never get posted ha ha.
DeleteYou've been very busy and productive and what a great feeling it must be to get those sorts of jobs done and dusted.
Glad you enjoyed the visit, cheers for now :D)
Oh My !!! So much goodness in this post ♥ All of the art is beautiful and I love the shawl that you were gifted. THe chicken story was so cute. Growing up we had chickens and had one that would lay on everyone elses eggs too. Chickens have such personalities.
ReplyDeleteYour list of daily snippets of happiness is awsome!
Delete- The shawl reminds me of my own shawl crocheted for me with love by my late Mom. She was very good at crochet.
- Your paintings make me envious: such wonderful pieces of art!
- The fresh eggs provided daily by your hens - are the best and tastiest source of protein needed by our body.
- The potted plants display is delightful, and the neighbor's gesture with the flowers - just lovely.
Hi there Carol, thank you so much. Glad you liked it all. Yes, you're so right, they definitely do have their personalities. All of ours, even the rooster all defer to Chookie and it looks like she's destined to be the Earthmother and will want to keep sitting on all their eggs. Fun times ahead as we try to explain to her that we don't want a continual supply of baby chicks ;D) Appreciate your visit, cheers now.
DeleteHi there Duta, so lovely my shawl brought back those memories for you. Thanks re my paintings - they're fun to do. Yes, it's a real treat getting those fresh eggs ... all that in one tiny package! I love the window boxes, and they look really nice on the windows. I enjoy re-assigning which pot plants can sit there :D) The neighbours are lovely - we are so lucky to be living in a happy and peaceful street.
Cheers now and lovely to have you visit.
Beautiful post dear Sue!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet that your husband made you such cute boxes for plants!!!
you are so right about the feeling that shawl gives you "a loving hug from your dear daughter"
loved the lucky shot,interesting one indeed.
your hens are adorable and her passion for sitting on eggs reminds me one of our hen who was so fond of too and extra protective for her chicks believe me being kids her laws of protection hurt lot lol
.i never had raw egg but my elder brother used to have for years,nice habit to stay healthy for sure.
beautiful art as always
Hello Baili, yes it was sweet, and loving. He has made many things for me over the years. They're nice to look out into from the inside of our house too.
DeleteI appreciate your visit and taking the time to read my post and thanks so much for your thoughts on everything.
I hope you're continuing to improve and feel better in your health each day and that the heat isn't too bad at this stage so that you can take your walks in relative comfort. Cheerio for now and all the best :D)
Sue, what a most wonderful and happy post.
ReplyDeleteYou filled it with so many good things, they are all my favourite!
Loved the way the light worked in that first photograph, and good to see Henny Penny and the shawl your daughter made you looks great.
Enjoy the week ahead.
All the best Jan
Hello Jan, that's so lovely of you to say, thank you very much. I always appreciate your visits and I hope your week is a great one too. Cheerio for now :D)
DeleteWow, Sue, what a lovely visit today! I love the beautiful header. So serene. And your cards will make so many people happy when they receive those individual works of art. Loved meeting your chickens. When I read about you eating raw eggs, I was concerned. Then I learned it was from your own hens that the eggs came from. Have a great new week.
ReplyDeleteThanks Faye, so much :D)
DeleteGlad you enjoyed the header, it was a watercolour that went wrong but I'm always reluctant to scrunch so I played around digitally then - everything (and everyone) deserves a second chance eh!
Oh, yes, I understand your reaction about the raw eggs. They're fresh as can be.
Cheers now :D)
Lovely long post Sue! Beautiful shawl - very 'hygge'. I always love your paintings. Great photographs - Henny Penny is gorgeous sitting on her eggs. xx
ReplyDeleteHi there Lin, thank you - I remember you explaining hygge ... yes, it does feel like that :D)
DeleteGetting exciting now, maybe egg hatchings soon - hoping ... fingers crossed ;D)
Dearest Sue, what a beautiful shawl your daughter made for you! Every stitch put more love into this most lovely gift.
ReplyDeleteLove your art!!! You have such wonderful talent! I also love your header!!! It's so lovely!
Your photos are so fantastic!
A very happy and wonderful posting Sue!
Big Hugs 💕
I'm so glad you enjoyed my long posting, it's lovely to share our happinesses isn't it Jan - it's always those things in life that really matter and make a difference to our day. Thank you too and may your week be full of good things as well :D)
DeleteThis is a most uplifting post, Sue. I can always come here for art, floral beauty, and lovable creatures! How nice to meet Roosterboy (I love his name, I had to give a chuckle!) and Alice. It's good that you have Chookie to keep the eggs and sitting in order.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photo of your tree with the purple blooms scattered and the sunbeams shining down-just so pretty! And, I adore all of your paintings today, the coffee cup and florals for cards. It was a great idea for your husband to build the window boxes. The plants look good and you can keep a good eye on them.
Aren't the homemade gifts wonderful? It is a pretty shawl your daughter crocheted for you. My mother and sister took some classes making jewelry, oh somewhere around 2006. Mom turned 80 years old that summer, and when Karo and I went to spend her birthday with her, she presented me with a pair of earrings that she had made. They had small turquoise stones in them. She made a them for my niece, and also some for a few of her friends. They are fragile, so I don't wear them much, but saw them in my earring box (fishing tackle box) the other day, and picked them up, and smiled. She will be 91 next month. Well, guess I'd better cut this short. I have to admit, I just couldn't do the milk and raw egg! I will just mix a tad bit of milk into raw egg, add some minced onion and cook in a skillet, haha! Have a wonderful week Sue. This is a fantastic, full of love and color, post! xxoo ♥
Hi Suzanne, lovely to read your comments as always! Real glad you enjoyed my bits and pieces here :D)
DeleteThanks for telling me about those earrings and what they mean to you and yes, gifts that have been made, or chosen, by our loved ones, especially for us, are so precious aren't they.
Ha ha, I'm hoping you realise that I mix the raw egg into the milk and fruit with a blender... you'd never know what's in the milk shake then ;D)
I hope everything's going well with you and that you can enjoy being out in the garden these days. Cheerio for now :D) xx
Hi, Sue.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations for the beautiful photos, your creativity, your good taste, your love of nature and your beautiful smile.
Thank you most kindly. I'm really happy that you have enjoyed your visit here. It's lovely to know how many people share the love of nature :D)
Deleteisn't it nice - to have wonderful neighbors, you certainly deserve that!!! your first image is gorgeous, really special, and it doesn't hurt that the flowers are purple!!!
ReplyDeleteyour cards are beautiful, it is nice to have them done and on standby. i make cards with my photographs and do the same thing!! and interesting rooster story...
the shawl your daughter make is gorgeous. and you're right, stitched with love and a giant hug!!!
Hi Debbie, yes, it makes for a very happy street full of people that's for sure.
Deleteheh heh, I thought of you when I was preparing that for posting ;D) There's never too much purple in the world is there!
Speaking of Roosterboy, it's 4.19 pm as I type and he's crowing ... again!!! that boy feels the world's his oyster and that he's got so much to crow about... he's so funny :D)
Loving my lovely hug. Thanks for popping over Debbie and bye for now xx
Dear Sue - enjoyed catching up on all of the wonderful things happening in your part of the world. Your shawl is gorgeous...what a talented daughter!! Those Chookies are adorable too. Hope you have another lovely week. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHello Debbie, so nice of you to pop in... especially while you're on a break.
DeleteThanks very much, for your lovely thoughts and yes I'm enjoying our week a lot. I hope you're relaxing and have got those feet up - or perhaps a little painting... whatever takes your fancy. Cheers now :D)
I'm here for the second time enjoying this post - everything about it - your art, scarf, etc...that beautiful first photo with the purple blossoms on the ground. I commented the other day, and my computer froze up as i was trying to post the comment. Then I had to use the restroom and my son came up for the day and i never got back to post again.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy and thanks for coming back again - I really appreciate it :D)
DeleteWe have problems like that too with the computer freezing - definitely best to walk away lol.
Glad you enjoyed the post, cheers now :D)
I knew nothing about Tibouchina before, so I googled. here it can be grown as house plant. The petals look so pretty on the ground.
ReplyDeleteVery nice post Sue, I wish you lovely autumn days!
Thanks for your visit Riitta, lovely sharing our blooms with you and your gardening friends.
DeleteI used to think the Tibouchina was a native, but, no. Anyway, it's definitely on of my favourites.
Thank you for your good wishes and I hope the rest of your week is great :D)
Oh, it was a long time ago, but I remember we commented back and forth for some time! Great to have you back in my blog life:) Beautiful flower arrangement - is that a protea at the end? Have never seen it here in the USA, but fell in love with it, seeing it on blogs:) Thanks for visiting me.
ReplyDeleteHi there, it's a small world in blogland too!!
DeleteThanks for your visit, always good to re-connect :D)
Yes, that's a protea - the birds love them too. Cheers now !
Fascination images Sue.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bob :D)
DeleteLovely post, your days are beautiful
ReplyDeleteThanks Carol - all the best to you :D)
DeleteWhat a wonderful Tibouchina! And so nice paintings. Indeed a lovely post.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. All the best for you,
Edith from Germany
Hello Edith, thanks very much - lovely to have you visit and cheers to you :D)
DeletePretty paintings and you must get inspiration from the flowers that grow around you. It's useful to have some shelving for pot plants and room for hanging baskets. You have very thoughtful neighbours. The bouquet of native flowers is lovely. Have a good rest of the week Sue.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, yes I do - all the time, and also from visiting others' blogs :D)
DeleteIt's certainly lovely having the window boxes - and they help with the summer heat too. Hubby is always thinking up these great ideas.
Cheers now and I appreciate your visit!
Wow there is so much going on in your blog and your life. Wonderful art, I love love love your chickens. Just an overall delightful post.
ReplyDeleteHello Nicole - thank you :D)
DeleteReally glad you enjoyed everything ... hopefully little chickies soon!
Cheers now !
the shawl does look very cosy :)
ReplyDeleteLove the birds shots and cards :)
It's so lovely, thanks Monica - appreciate you visiting :D)
DeleteBeautiful art and colors. Love the bright cheery vibe of your blog. The bowerbirds are cool! And so are fresh eggs from your chickens. Yum!
ReplyDeleteHello Chris, thanks for your visit and it's lovely to meet you.
DeleteGlad you enjoyed it all. The bowerbirds have found their way into the chook yard and their feed - bingo! they're thinking... oh dear, they're a little bit greedy so we have to put a plan in action today. Cheers now :D)
What a joyful post ...thank you for sharing your (not-so) ordinary life with us ...it cheered me up this morning! The chooks are funny ...what great entertainment as well as eggs ...and the bowerbird is a new bird to me and what interesting behavior!
ReplyDeleteHello Sallie, aw I'm so glad my post did that for you... I must say I'm sorry for being so late to reply. I like to take my time with everything and everyone these days - it works out much better than rushing through ;D)
DeleteWe do love our chooks and, yes, they give us so much fun through the days.
The bowerbirds have found out that there's free food in the chook run!!! Oh gosh they're cheeky too!
Bye for now and thanks for visiting :D)
There's so much love, warmth and happiness in your posts! Stay blessed dear Sue! Love the first pic, extremely! Loved all those art cards and your pot plants and birdies! There's so much harmony!
ReplyDeleteHello Deepa, thank you so much! That first photo was a happy occurrence on my camera phone, it really made me smile!
DeleteSo glad you enjoyed the post, cheers now :D)