So, while I take my inspiration from our beautiful natural world, I can let my imagination take over... that's where painting is fun in my book!
| "Way down deep where the fishies party" Watercolour (Party hats and balloons digitally added and sourced, with thanks, from clipartkid.com) |
![]() |
| "Coral Fish" Watercolour (background digitally painted) |
Linking up with Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday
Click on the image below and join everyone - you'll be made most welcome:


Sue, your paintings are gorgeous and a celebration of nature, life and colours! And I love your header, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Linda :D)
DeleteYou have captured the natural world beautifully. The colors are lovely.
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciated Indira, thank you!
DeleteLove your fish, such vibrant colours
ReplyDeleteI always really enjoy seeing the underwater colours - can never make them too bright... Thanks Clare.
DeleteLove your colourful underwater world, you have so much talent. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDelete... thank you very much Valerie, so glad you enjoy. Have a great day :D)
DeleteLove them. So full of colour and life
ReplyDeleteHello Angela... thank you ๐
DeleteWow, Sue! Your underwater party is fabulous, so joyful and beautifully painted. Love your card, too. Coral fish is awesome and colours beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF and a week ahead ♥♥
It was certainly fun painting them Sirkkis... I catch myself having a bit of a chuckle at times - really glad you like them, thanks for popping over :D)
DeleteSo beautiful scene, I like the colors.
ReplyDeleteThe fish are so beautiful :-)
Greetings from Germany
Many thanks Jutta! Cheers ๐ผ
DeleteSo cute, love the bright colours.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF
Thanks Sandy - lots of fun :D)
DeleteLovely ART!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend!
Great to have you visit Susi ๐
DeleteLove your underwater birthday party! Happy PPF
ReplyDelete... thanks Susan - underwater parties are just the best ;D)
DeleteWow, how wonderful paintings! Greetings
ReplyDeleteHello Anne... thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts ๐
DeleteWonderful paintings, the fish with the balloons is so fun.
ReplyDeleteDelightful! Thank you Maarit ๐
DeleteLoving your colourful happy inspired cards today Sue!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have your lovely comments too Christine... thank you :D)
DeleteYour beautiful vibrant underwater paintings reminded me of my silk painting days.
ReplyDeleteSo colourful and bright!
Whomever receives these cards will I'm sure be thrilled with them.
Happy PPF to you
Another lovely string to your bow Neesie! Silk painting is such a delicate art, I hope to see some of your work.
DeleteThank you, I love to make each card special and they're always happily received. Cheers now :D)
So pretty, I love the vibrant colors!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Julie ๐
DeleteYour fish paintings are so vivid and beautiful, Sue. And the header banner is wonderful. I love to see old barns.
ReplyDeleteThank you Faye - yes, I too love to see those old places. Beaut to have you visit :D)
Deletesuch a colorful, magical place in your sea world Sue! Love the bright cards too. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteaw thanks Linda - I love to play with the fishies when I paint!
DeleteCheers now ๐
Wonderful, happy art, Sue! I love that little, blue-striped fishy with his red party hat — too cute. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteReally thrilled to read your comment Serena, thank you!
DeleteSo happy and colourful, Sue! Would brighten anyone's day to receive these cards.
ReplyDeleteLovely of you to say, thanks very much Jenny :D)
DeleteThe first word that came to mind was colourful and the second word was happy.Lovely Sue, wishing you a happy weekend
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
... how lovely - thank you Jan. Have a great weekend too - stay warm ;D)
DeleteOh these are absolutely lovely! Great bright colors. Thanks for sharing,
ReplyDeleteDelighted... thank you Laney :D)
Deleteyour imagination is so evident in these!!! fun, whimsical and vibrant colors - these are fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie.... grinning like that cheshire cat here this arvo perched on my couch. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Cheerio xx <*)))‑{
DeleteHello Nora, I love that they have that effect on you.
ReplyDeleteI vary with the outlines - things that I'm fully confident with I 'wing' it and paint freehand (the inkpen can fix up a lot of things ;D)).
If I'm not so confident then I use a watercolour pencil so that it will disappear as I apply paint.
What I consider difficult, then I use a 2b pencil very lightly and then erase as much as I can of it when the paint has dried.
If, however, the paint has been dry for a while and I've forgotten to erase, then the pencil lines are more difficult to erase... that's when the inkpen comes in handy to cover it up! (My inkpen is a Uni Pin Fine Line either 0.1 or 0.5)
Hope that helps Nora. Cheerio for now and Happy Painting :D)
P.S. I got so wordy in previous reply ha ha, I meant to say that I really hope that you try watercolour again Nora. You've magnificent inspirations all over your beautiful Island home! xx
ReplyDeleteLoved your watercolours! So bright and colourful. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Beverley... lovely of you to visit :D)
DeleteI love the fishies, beautiful painting Sue.
ReplyDeleteThat's really beaut - thanks Bob :D)
Deletehaha, I love the idea of the fish deep down having a party with balloons and party-hats :-) It looks like fun! The bright colours are great, and I love the second fish too. I like it that the design goes outside of the square. Really nice composition.
ReplyDelete....yes, it was heaps of fun to do too. Thanks Denthe - and, yes, I'd seen some artists do that out of the square thing and it really appeals - loved your feedback :D)
DeleteYour colours are vibrant and your theme fun. Enjoyed your mixed media pieces. I'm happy you dropped by my blog this week
ReplyDeleteMuch love...
Many thanks Gillena - it's lovely to get around and see everyone's artworks... so many styles. I really appreciate your visit and lovely comments :D)
DeleteYou can't beat ocean fish for colorful subject matter. Good job.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely - lots of inspiration swimming around! Thanks Sharon :D)
DeleteAh Sue - your art has such a cheerful feel. Your ocean fish and imagination just make a beautiful combination. Hope you have a delightful weekend. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI love that people pick up a happy feeling from my paintings... thanks Debbie :D)
DeleteFish in chinese culture and in other cultures as well, is a symbol of prosperity, wealth, abundance. So, one sees a picture of fish on house door signs, on table maps, and on other household or personal items.
ReplyDeleteHello Duta, thank you for your comment. I can certainly understand the symbolic nature of the fish. Great to have you visit here too :D)
DeleteYour watercolors are a delight for the eyes Sue. Love how colorful they are and so cheery they make me smile.
ReplyDeleteaw Denise, thank you and I'm really glad to read your comment :D)
DeleteHow lovely! I love to draw.
ReplyDeleteThat's so good - cheers Jenn :D)
DeleteSo much fun these beautiful vibrant colours full of movement!! Really pretty! A great sense of play here!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Totally delighted!! Thanks so much Giggles, always fun to have you visit :D)
Deletelove it, the fish have a party :) Fun and beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much :D)
DeleteI love your beautiful watercolor fishies!
ReplyDeleteHello Gloria, appreciate your thoughts :D)
DeleteSue, I love your whimsical fish! You have a fabulousimagination and the talent to translate it into wonderful art. I loved this whole post.
ReplyDeleteHi Sallie, have to say I'm all fired up now to do more fishies... thank you for your lovely comments. Glad you enjoyed :D)
DeleteDearest Sue; Wow, I really am impressed by your COLORFUL and also ADORABLE sea world♡♡♡ Party hats and balloons you digitally added is great idea from your wonderful imagination and gave me sweet smile♫♫♫ Your summer world under the sea is splendid, Dearest friend.
ReplyDeleteYou replied for your friend's question, so kind of you. Kind of Greek to me, though p;-)
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Hello Miyako - lovely to have you visit. I'm really happy to read how you've enjoyed the fishy goings-on ... thanks very much!
DeleteHa ha, I love your sense of humour and, you know, I could have said it in one line... that I do the final outlines in inkpen!
I know you were busy and so it was extra lovely of you to visit. Bye for now :D)
ps; My husband came back from band practicing and browsed your work here as I still opened your page. He said 'Oh, the use of the color is amazing'. His words made me happy before sleeping(♥˘◡˘♥) Night Night, Miyako*
ReplyDelete... aw that is so lovely to know, thanks for telling me Miyako - he's made me happy for the day now ๐
DeleteYou have such a unique style of painting...it is of your own. My sister would paint and do chalk art as a young lady, and, she was very good. But, says she has lost her creativeness over the years! I have begged her to try, I don't believe it possible for one to lose their creativeness! Your coral fish is just so cool! Maybe I can try something like that on a card. See? You're starting to inspire me, but I've never been good at drawing! Have a great day! Sending hugs! ♥
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne, thank you so much I do appreciate that.
DeleteI can understand what your sister means - you've got to feel that urge to create, it kind of can't be pushed. I agree with you, the creativeness stays with us. Perhaps she's using hers in other ways now... it's not all about paints and pencils is it. Or, one day, when the time is right, she'll go back to her drawing.
It'd be lovely to know you had a go at drawing Suzanne. Perhaps you'd like to visit some blogs via Paint Party - there's a huge range of styles, ideas and creativity just brimming over... go on, give it a go!! ๐ฉ๐จ ๐
Cheers now and till later :D)
These are terrific, Sue. I love all the colours in the first one, they all go together so well, and I also love the second with the oranges and blues and the shells and starfish and the lovely pale blue frame.
ReplyDeleteHi there Sheila, really great to see you here! Thanks so much - and I appreciate what you say about the colours going together... I don't plan things very well, so the colour combos are sometimes hit and miss.
DeleteCheerio and enjoy your day :D)
I love your colourful fish! Also your granddaughters are such pretty young ladies! Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Riitta - glad you loved the fishies. Oh yes, our granddaughters are sweeties - grown women now with a lovely sense of fun :D) Enjoy your day - choccies and good things to you ๐
DeleteEven the fish are joining in the party! Love the whimsy :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Tracy - it was fun. Beaut to have you visit ๐
DeleteA unique way of looking at the world, the paintings are beautiful. Blessings, Janet
ReplyDeleteHello Janet - yay! thanks... they do lots of partying down in the depths, yet they always look so fresh and perky - must be all that Omega oils ;D)
DeleteSuch a wonderful celebration of colour and form. I especially love your Coral Fish and the way you've framed it.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Vicki - I really appreciate knowing that :D) xx
Delete