These sweet little doves are long time residents in our garden.
Once we established trees and shrubs ... they moved in.
 |
| July 2012 - they love to site amongst the Tibouchina |
 |
| July 2012 - inspecting the messy pot plant section |
 |
August 2013 - enjoying the (then) new bird bath
|
I got a lovely surprise when I took this pic in Jan this year. Long distance from the kitchen window. Thought there were 4 babies but, when looking at the pic on the computer screen... there was the 5th baby peeking out on the right.
 |
| January 2017 |
 |
| 21 February 2017 - enjoying the first rays of the sun atop the shadhouse roof |
 |
22nd February 2017 - we'd moved the birdbath to within the shadehouse. It's still a favourite with the Spotted Doves! |
Linking up (a bit late... sorry Stewart!) with:
Hi Sue, what beautiful, sweet birds! How lovely to have them visiting. And I love your pond header photo, too! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Linda. They're all year round visitors - much to our delight!
DeleteWe're always amazed at the amount of tiny lizards who love to live under those sticks and logs I've placed beside the pond in my header. Appreciate your comments :D)
Love your new header.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see your series of pictures, they are such a lovely bird.
It's so fascinating to watch them too, and I'm sure they appreciate your bird bath.
All the best Jan
Hi Jan and thank you - lovely of you to visit and share your thoughts :D)
DeleteJudging by the pictures, you're a great bird lover. Each capture is taken with love and care for the little subject in front of your camera.
ReplyDeleteI particularly like the picture with the bird "inspecting the pot plant section".
Yes, I am thanks Duta - not as nimble as I used to be but, thanks to the great lens on the camera, I can rely on that more now... instead of crawling around amongst the shrubbery! :D)
Deleteenjoyed your happy post today!
ReplyDeleteReally glad about that - thanks for popping in Christine :D)
DeleteYour doves are lovely, and look different to ours. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Valerie - always my pleasure to share and to have your lovely visits :D)
DeleteYour new header is lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet doves, they are different from ours. I have in my garden big Wood pigeons, and I love them. Sometimes also ordinary doves, Columba livia domestica that I don't like so much. .. Now in the winter a lot of sweet black birds... Birds are so fun to watch. Have a nice day Sue!
Much appreciated Riitta, thank you.
DeleteYes, they have a lovely nature the Doves don't they.
Oh yes, Black Birds - beautiful, and their songs at night are so sweet and clear!
Cheers and so lovely to have you visit :D) xx
Hello, what a pretty dove. The doves are so sweet, lovely series of photos. I also love your pretty header. Have a happy day and weekend ahead!
ReplyDeleteThey are so very sweet - I love their gentleness... although we've seen them in full protection mode around their babies and they're a force to be reckoned with!
DeleteThanks for your visit Eileen :D)
Nice birds - I can see some in my garden as I write.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry abut 'lateness' WBW stays open until the weekend.
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
Hi Stewart, we're so lucky to have all the varieties of birds visiting our garden! Cheers and I appreciate you stopping by :D)
DeleteThank you for your kind comments. Your dove in flight is a gem. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi there, thank you very much :D)
DeleteWhat pretty doves! It's good that they've taken up residence in your garden and a new generation have appeared this year. Thank you for your visit to my blog which was much appreciated. Wishing you well.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda, yes we're very lucky to have them in our garden - we always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for your visit :D)
DeleteHey Sue! Beautiful bird. Wonderful to see the chicks. Greetings
ReplyDeleteLovely! Glad you enjoyed them Anne. Cheers!
DeleteSue, these are so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI love listening to the Doves cooing in the morning and evening...so comforting~
Big, Big Hugs
xoxoxo
Oh welcome back Jan, lovely to see you again. Yes, absolutely, they're gorgeous when they make that sound. Cheers now and take things easy :D)xx
Deletea beautiful dove. I have seen it in two countries. Queensland and Hawaii :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much - by the sounds of it they are definitely well travelled ;D)
DeleteLovely doves! Your doves have some design on their necks that ours don' have. Tis the season alright! I have taken some dove pictures just lately, where there are 2 to 6 at a time. But, I have never gotten to see any baby dove. I love them, and they don't mind me. Have a great evening. xxoo
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne, it's those pretty spots that always stand out, yes.
DeleteI must go and check out your pictures too. It's lovely being able to know they are happy to mingle with us isn't it. Thanks, as always for popping over :D)xx
Très belle proximité avec les oiseaux ;-)
ReplyDeleteCéline & Philippe
Translation:
Delete"Very nice proximity with the birds"
Thank you Celine and Philippe, I'm really glad you enjoyed the pics :D)
they are so sweet - i always "hear" them when them come and visit. mine don't have that pretty spotted patch!!
ReplyDeleteand that's a lot of babies for momma to care for!!!
aren't they though! Yes, they're very quiet. I like their cooing sounds - when they're wooing each other ... back and forth in different trees it seems! :D)xx
DeleteLiebe Sue,
ReplyDeletevielen Dank für die wunderschönen Bilder auf Deinem Blog!
Heute habe ich auch etwas Besonderes für Dich! Ein wunderschönes Röschen!!!
Schau einfach mal auf meinen Blog unter diesem Link
https://heidis-gruene-ecke.blogspot.de/2017/02/hilfe-fur-nicht-bluhende-schneeglockchen.html
Alles Liebe für Dich
Heidi
Translation for Heidi's Comment:
Delete" Thank you for the wonderful pictures on your blog!
Today I have something special for you! A beautiful rose!
Just have a look at my blog under this link
Https://heidis-gruene-ecke.blogspot.de/2017/02/hilfe-fur-nicht-bluhende-schneeglockchen.html
All love for you
Heidi"
Hello Heidi,
Thank you very kindly, I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos here.
I'm popping over to your blog now - looking forward to seeing that special rose.
Cheerio :D)
These doves are so beautiful, Sue. Imagine seeing their babies too, what an experience.
ReplyDeleteHello Sheila, thank you - it's lovely to look out and see them each day. Glad you enjoyed them too :D)
DeleteSuch pretty doves! I've never seen spotted ones! So cute to see the little ones, too. xx Karen
ReplyDeleteHi Karen, yes those little spots around their neck are gorgeous! Thanks for your visit :D)
DeleteWow, five dove babies. Do you know if that normally have that many? Your garden must be a real haven for your local wildlife population.
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki, I'm not sure... there do seem to be a few adults around, perhaps they have a kind of nursery.
DeleteYep, now that the trillion cats who used to live you know where have gone, the wildlife has a bit of a chance! :D) xx