Eucalyptus Blossoms, some photographs of which were the subject of my previous post, have always inspired me to paint.
I've included some pieces that I've done over the past couple of years. They're in watercolour with inkpen and a dash of gold here and there:
| "Gum Nut Blossom" |
![]() |
| "Eucalyptus Gems" |
![]() |
| "Eucalyptus Lovelies" |
| "When the Gums Bloom" |
I claim no botanical correctness... lol, as can be seen!
Instead I go for my own interpretation of those bush beauties.
This enjoyable, loose and free approach suits me just fine - no pressure.
💝 Thank you for the great welcome to PPF 💝



Your blossoms are all wonderful, they just look happy - sounds strange, but that sums it up for me. Great work. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteYou're spot on Valerie, I always feel happy when painting them... in fact I find myself smiling sometimes. Thank you for visiting and Happy PPF to you :D)
DeleteI like the eucalyptus !
ReplyDeleteThank you Jutta... cheers :D)
DeleteLovely flowers, Sue. Your art is happy and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWishing you great PPF and weekend ♥
I'm glad it makes you feel like that, thanks for telling me Sirkkis. Happy PPF and enjoy your painting week :D)
DeleteI like your style. They are delicate and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteReally appreciated, thanks Diane :D)
DeleteYour work is lovely, I like your watercolour and pen technique.
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you to say Christine, I get a bit shaky in the hand sometimes but I pass that off as rustic ;D)
DeleteOh, how beautiful! Wonderfully casual style! Greetings
ReplyDeleteHi Anne, thanks for your beaut comments... cheers now :D)
DeleteThey are so beautiful, Susan! I really admire your talent! I hope you have a great weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Linda, always good to see you :D)
Deletelove the looseness of the colours
ReplyDeleteThanks Lorraine, all good fun :D)
DeleteHello, your paintings are beautiful. I love the plants too. Happy weekend to you!
ReplyDeleteReally nice of you to visit and leave those lovely words, thanks Eileen :D)
DeleteLove all of these paintings, and the way you have named them! Who knew watercolor could be so enchanting! Have a wonderful weekend, Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks Suzanne, I used to be put off at trying watercolour but I didn't care if I got "cauliflowers" in my work... my paints, my rules lol ;D)
DeleteEnjoy your weekend too xx
hmmm that didn't read right... I mean I used to be too hard on myself and so I stopped myself from trying watercolour :D)
DeleteLove your style, bold and print-like, wood block, very fun and pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteaw, thanks Peggy, I always enjoy looking at the wood block lino cut artwork too... perhaps it's rubbing off :D)
DeleteI love your painting, they are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat's really sweet Bob, thanks for your encouraging words :D)
DeleteSue I think each of these is wonderful. You have captured them with happy and bold colors that I love. Thank you for sharing them. Have a great week-end.
ReplyDeleteGlad to share like this, it's fun and I always appreciate to know how the happy comes through. Thanks for your visit Debbie :D)
DeleteLove your style! And the bright happy colours :-)
ReplyDeleteVery much appreciated Denthe ... Happy PPF :D)
DeleteLOVE your eucalyptus blossoms! Happy PPF. :)
ReplyDeleteSo great of you to visit, and thank you Serena. Yes, Happy PPF :D)
Deletethese blossoms are vibrant and joyful-great pieces!
ReplyDeleteHi there Linda, thank you very kindly - isn't nature a wonderful thing, she's the best artist and always inspirational. Cheers now :D)
DeleteThese are all really beautiful. I love your work.
ReplyDeleteLynda, thank you for that. Hope your weekend is going well and the weather is behaving over your way :D)
DeleteYour blog is not just for showing off your beautiful artwork, but also for informing those of us about the wonderful eucalyptus blossoms, which I did not know existed. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Faye, thank you very much - it's always nice to find a new flower/blossom isn't it, so I'm extra pleased. Cheers :D)
DeleteWonderful bright colors! :)
ReplyDeleteHi NatashaMay, and thank you :D)
DeleteSue these pieces are striking. I love the colors, detailing and the feel of weight to them. Well done.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Nicole, I find it hard not to grab that inkpen after the paint has dried! :D)
Deletethese recreations are so beautiful!! the colors are perfection. i think painting an experience or a plant you have photographed must be very rewarding!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for that Debbie, they can never be too bright for me! Yes, it's a lovely experience to do that, it really pleases me and I find, more and more, that I photograph with paintings in mind.
DeleteIs it still snowing by the sea over your way? xx
Thanks very much Nora for your generous words and also for the follow! It's really nice to meet you. Cheerio for now :D)
ReplyDeleteEucalyptus Lovelies and gorgeous Gum Blossoms indeed. I love you loose style... I just wish I could be a little more free with my paintings.
ReplyDeleteYou've brought back wonderful memories of my time in Australia. I have masses of photographs of all the native plants.
Happy PPF to you :D
Hi Neesie and I do thank you.
DeleteI didn't paint for so many years (not from lack of encouragement by (M)y (D)arling), but I had this fear of not painting "properly" i.e. replicating what I saw. MD said that, in that case, I should just take a photo!! Good advice for me because it got me started :D)
Oh and I meant to say Neesie that I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time in Australia. I love our country so much and the flora and fauna never fail to delight so I can imagine how gorgeous your photos are. Cheers now :D)
DeleteThese are lovely, Sue. Since we moved to Australia from the UK I've been fascinated to see all the different flowers and seed pods. The way eucalyptus flowers have that little hat and when it pops off, inside are all the strands of the flower neatly lined up and pointing at the centre.
ReplyDeleteHello Tracy, all the stages are so fascinating. You may have come across mention of May Gibbs' Gum Blossom Babies? May was an English lady who wrote and illustrated delightful childrens' books here in Australia. Thanks for visiting, cheers now :D)
DeleteSo so pretty Sue, I love them all but, "When the gums bloom is my favourite!" A lovely series!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
That's lovely Giggle, thanks for telling me your favourite :D)
Delete*Giggles... knew I'd left out that 's' as soon as hitting the publish!! Getting tired ;D)
DeleteYour interpretations are gorgeous Sue!Love the fluidity!
ReplyDelete"When the Gum blooms" is my fav too, next is "Eucalyptus Lovelies"...love the pink.
Thank you kindly for your thoughts Deepa - I love that you've given your favourites too. Cheers now :D)
DeleteSuper sketches
ReplyDeleteVery kind of you Clare, appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteThese are great Sue.
ReplyDeleteMy favourite is Eucalyptus Lovelies ...
All the best Jan
Thanks kindly Jan, it's nice finding out favourites :D)
DeleteAbsolutely beautiful... they would look fantastic as a grouping!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat art, Sue!!!
That's lovely of you to say Jan, I'm most appreciative, thank you :D)
DeleteWhatever you're doing, Sue, just keep doing it. Your eucalypt blossoms are gorgeous and exude the happiness you paint with.
ReplyDeleteaww Vicki I surely will! They're always a real pleasure to look at when they bloom - and - when I paint - glad that comes through :D)xx
Delete