Friday, May 1, 2015

Swimmingly

Hi there, 

As always, I love to take photos of what my current interests are for posting on my blog. However, cameras aren't allowed in the local swimming pool so I decided to do a little sketch. 

Over the last few months, I'd found that all the walking we were doing was aggravating some bone problems I have.  So, I did a bit of research and found that hydrotherapy exercises were highly recommended.  Being lucky enough to have a heated pool in our town - I started going several times a week and haven't looked back!!  
It's nothing short of bliss actually, and gave immediate relief.   


Should say that I've taken great liberties with the depiction of myself in this sketch, lol !
I don't wear my earrings into the pool, my lips aren't as luscious, my nails aren't so glamorous and not a wrinkle can be seen. 
I do love to take huge lashings of artistic licence, you've obviously realised by now!

However, what is spot on is that look of sheer relaxation and happiness as I lie back on my yellow noodle.

Have a really great weekend -  cheers now :D)


33 comments:

  1. I don't think our local gym has a heated pool. Or if it does it never heats it much. What temperature is your pool?
    I hate the experience of getting ready to go in and even worse coming out. THe pool itself is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, the temperature varies a little bit. The pool is mainly solar heated and they put a thermal cover on top of it each night. Sometimes I'd describe it as just above body temperature, and it's so comfortable, and immediately relaxing, to sink into. Other times, as recent with 2 weeks of rain, it's slightly less... but it's never cool or a shock to the system! I stay in the water for over an hour each visit, and it's only because I feel tired that I get out. Then it's straight into a lovely hot shower and, because they keep everything so clean, the changing rooms are fine. We're very lucky to have this facility.

      Delete
    2. p.s. I should have mentioned that it's an indoor pool with huge windows along one side. It's a funny feeling swimming when its pouring rain outside. We can also see visiting wildlife in the gardens. A Kookaburra is a regular visitor to a post just outside and I think he quite likes looking at his/her reflection!! Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan, you have me smiling with your narration regarding taking artistic license. Your sketches are great as I also love your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise, ha ha, as I was drawing it I got a bit carried away and was smiling to myself too. Glad you like my little bits of fun :D)

      Delete
  3. you're so cute! :) so glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketch is lovely - I can see the relaxation and the pure bliss on her face!!! She clearly enjoys floating in the water. Water exercise is so good for so many things. I used to go swimming every morning before work - long long ago. I felt so good afterward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Carola... yes, we are extremely lucky in that we are within a few minutes' drive of the pool.
      It's incredible how loose and flexible we feel after a swim (my hubby joins me once a week). Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  5. hehehe, you are looking quite awesome susan, it's how i always picture you * wink *

    don't you just love those noodles....forget swimming, i love to float!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you very much Debbie ... ha ha, and, as it so happens, there's nary a double chin to be seen either!!
      Yes, I do love those noodles. Very versatile. I use it for my arm exercises... pushing it into the water, the resistance is gentle but effective. Doing weights on land just isn't for me anymore - nothing hurts when done in water!!

      Delete
  6. Your depiction made me smile! You do look so relaxed and full of enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it... and happy for that smile, thanks for visiting :D)

      Delete
  7. Dear Susan,your sketch is lovely!!
    You are so lucky having a pool to swim!
    It;s getting hot here and i enjoy swimming in our local beach!
    Have a wonderful weekend!Thanks for visiting!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dimi, lovely to see you. Yes, we are very lucky to have the pool nearby. Your beach is beautiful too from your photographs. Enjoy your week :D)

      Delete
  8. haha...you are so funny susan!! i LOVE your sketch!! and am glad that the warm pool waters are working for those aching bones & relaxation!!
    and if i haven't told you before...i also love your header eucalyptus!!

    have a happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura and thanks so much for your thoughts and lovely compliments too - much appreciated :D)

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you enjoy your heated swimming. I did the same (for my back) but it was in the middle of summer and too hot for me. I only last a couple of sessions. I expect we'll see that kookaburra peering in the window next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, yes, you've got to feel comfortable when going to the pool. Not being out in the elements really appeals, they can adjust the temperature indoors. Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing about the kookaburra - perhaps! :D)

      Delete
  10. Great picture Susan. Glad it is doing you good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahhaha... cheeky you! I'd take liberties too if I had to paint me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the colors of your header and blog! Lovely!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda, the background is an abstract I painted the other day, it turned out quite pretty for the blog - glad you like it :D)

      Delete
  13. So pleased to hear that the hydrotherapy exercises and the swimming are giving you some relief from your bone problems. You certainly look as if you don't have a care in the world. Of course, the red lipstick and nail polish is a must. Looking good, Susan. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki - it's great and, yes, glad you like that lippy etc - I thought it added a bit of glamour to the occasion ;D)

      Delete
  14. I love this - how adorable - and glad it feels good on your joints - ...i would love to be in a pool again - it's been ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good indeed Sandy - highly recommend it :D)

      Delete
  15. Great idea to do the hydrotheraphy exercises.. And a heated pool sounds like heaven.. Cute image..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, it's certainly made a big difference ... oh yes some days the heat is spot on, some it's a little less but we soon warm up!! Very lucky to have it so near to home :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx