Thursday, April 16, 2015

Popping in.. a quick visit

Hello everyone, I wanted to refresh the photos here ... blogs can get an abandoned feel can't they!




I do hope life is treating you well.  All is fine here.

I've not been an active blogger for a little while and felt ashamed when I saw there were comments on my previous post left unanswered.  My apologies.




I hope you enjoy these pretty grevilleas.  They are from our former garden which we both loved so much.




I shall look forward to catching up with all of you in a while.

Until later, cheerio for now :D) xx

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures and not a plant I know. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lin, thank you - I love our Australian natives and the Grevilleas are real beauties. So hardy too and full of nectar which really appeals to birds :D)

      Delete
  2. I'm like Lin, don't know any of these plants :)
    But they sure are beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day

    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tinna, lovely to read your comment. Thank you for your visit and, yes, enjoy your day too :D)

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking flowers - I have never heard of them before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny, they come in so many varieties too, these ones here are but a few. I hope all is well with you :D)

      Delete
  4. they're just gorgeous! glad all is well with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T, thank you ... and yes, I'm just taking a slower pace of life at the moment is all. Not a spring chicken anymore lol!! :D)

      Delete
  5. Those grevilleas are gorgeous, Susan and I bet the birds just loved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are aren't they Maria. I love their little curly bits! The birds do, they go crazy for them :D)

      Delete
  6. blast! lost my long, drawn out comment.... hahahaha..oh, well, suffice to say I was nattering on about it being good to be busy even if it means not blogging....... having fun and enjoying yourself is what life is about ... to me anyway.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, yes, that sometimes happens to me Vee, and thanks for trying again.
      What you say is very true - I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed with all the things I set myself to do. I can't keep up with all the lovely bloggers I follow, so it's really time to start slowing down now.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  7. i LOVE your first shot. what gorgeous flowers!!!!
    thanks for doing a quick check-in and brightening my morning with this beauty.
    enjoy! cheers! stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura, thank you and, yes, they're wonderful flowers (I once tasted the nectar they produce and it's so sweet, but it's not a practice to recommend however as I later found I was allergic to another variety of grevillea so I was extremely lucky!!).
      Glad you enjoyed them and thank you for your visit :D)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous pics, Susan. Grevilleas have such interesting flowers.

    Enjoy the real world... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dear Vicki and, yes, I am. Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  9. Those are interesting flowers and I've never seen any like that. Nice!! It's easy to fall off a little in blog land - i do that here and there also - life just gets too busy or motivation disappears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, lovely to have you visit. Yes, my little blog is 'floating' around at the moment, I drop in now and then, thank you for your lovely comment - enjoy your painting too :D)

      Delete
  10. Real pretty ... I have abandoned my blog for a while too, sometimes we need a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joan, I think that, at one time or another, we're all in the same boat re our blogs. That's the beaut thing about our blogger friends isn't it, we understand :D)

      Delete
  11. Lovely flowers, your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, delightful to see you, and thanks so much :D)

      Delete
  12. Gotta love grevilleas, so pretty. I have been off the blog radar for a while myself, working full time and seen to have no time for anything other than flopping in a chair when I get home before starting the whole process over again and weekends have been taken up with catching up! Enjoy whatever you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, they are - so many varieties too!
      I can empathise with you and others who work full time - I still remember that feeling of how lovely it was when the weekends came... but then there was the catch up as you say.
      Take care and thanks for making the time to visit, much appreciated :D)

      Delete
  13. Love your new header and the grevilleas are beautiful.I have been lax in blogging lately so I understand where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diane, yes, sometimes priorities need to be made don't they. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  14. so i missed these beautiful images!! you snuck in and out, i have not been diligent with my reading list!! nice to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I'm a bit of a flibbertygibbit at times, away from blogging for ages and then, yes, I pop in and out so quickly you'd hardly know I've been ;D)... Thanks Dear Debbie for your lovely note!

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx