One of our dear granddaughters is overseas enjoying her efforts of having working part time for many years while going to college and uni. She saved hard and is now having a great adventure, with a good friend, for a few months.
A visit to the Moulin Rouge was great fun and, because they were right next to the stage, every now and then gems and feathers would fly off the dancers on to them - ooh la la!
My imagination soared and I quickly did a little sketch, hopped on to photoshop and fiddled around (as best I could - still learning how to drive it ha ha) with my drawing... here's the result - a bit of fun, so thought I'd share :

Aha, you are an artist, excellent Susan.
ReplyDeleteHi Bob, reckon I've spilt enough paint on my clothes by now that, yep, am feeling like an artist ;D)
DeleteMany thanks for your kind words... I do love to paint!
too cute! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs :D)
DeleteOh I love your imagination and how it works:) Hug B
ReplyDeleteThanks so much B... it runs away with me at times, but that's fun too ;D)
DeleteYour sketch is great fun - and extremely good too.
ReplyDeleteAah, the Moulin Rouge - what glamour! - not that I'd know.... unfortunately.
Have a nice weekend.
Thank you Derek - much appreciated! :D)
DeleteWhat a fun picture, it would make a nice greeting card I think, if you put a champagne bottle on it or something like that
ReplyDeleteWhy thanks Jenny... I was wondering whether to go in the greeting card direction or not - you've given me ideas :D)
DeleteHello Susan!!
ReplyDeleteYour Moulin Rouge picture is so cute!
Excellent work!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Dimi...
Dimi... how lovely, thank you :D)
DeleteYou've created something very beautiful! :))
ReplyDeleteI've been to the Moulin Rouge once in my
youth. Went passed it several times during
daylight, didn't see it because it's very little :))
Wish you a wonderful weekend!
【ツ】Knipsa
Hi Knipsa, thank you - it certainly sounded like fun... one of those must-sees!
DeleteHi Susan, I found your blog via a comment on Pieces of Contentment and on visiting thought that we have a lot in common. I planted a correa last year and it is in flower now,only small but precious.
ReplyDeleteHi Jane and welcome, thanks for visiting. Yes, we do have a lot in common and you live in a beautiful part of Australia. You'll become attached to your correa for sure, I love how their flowers shelter amongst their leave... they're toughies as well - get along quite happily without any fuss. I even made one of mine into a topiary ball without any complaints from it :D)
DeleteWow, I hadn't thought of that Susan! A topiary correa sounds gorgeous. Thanks for visiting me too. Look forward to meeting again. Bye for now, Jane.
Delete:D)
DeleteHello Susan, what a cute sketch of Moulin Rouge . The image is wonderful.. Have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteReally beaut of you to say, many thanks Eileen :D)
Deleteoh that is so fun and i LOVE the colors!!! i hope they saved those feathers, so they can make a memory box with all their mementos and this picture as well!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie, glad you like it - I'm sure they have... always good to keep things like that isn't it :D)
DeleteThat is cute and fun. I have my art up in my blog. I am addicted to things of this myself.
ReplyDeleteA Imagination image. Good for you. Well done.
Hi there Carolann, thanks for popping over and, yes, imagination rocks!! :D)
DeleteYou are very clever! This is fun!
ReplyDeleteAw thanks EG - I'd have secretly loved to have been there myself... getting showered with gems and feathers!! :D)
DeleteYou are very talented Susan. Love it. Going to Moulin Rouge in October, will keep an eye out for flying gems!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you kindly Sandy! Yay for you - have a fabulous trip and, lol, yep make sure you grab some of those flying souvenirs :D)
DeleteFabulous! I love all the colour and can-can movement your Gem and Frills conjures.
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki - thank you so much - have been humming that tune too .... ta dahdahdah dahdahdah ... oh you know ;D) !!!!!
Deleteso colorful and fun!! beautiful artwork!! i can see them in my mind...frilly skirts swirling back and forth and legs kicking up. great!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura! It was fun to create too - glad you enjoyed it as well :D)
DeleteDearest Susan; Oh, I only knew the name of Moulin Rouge and opened the pc's picture page p:-) Great work from your imagination of fun place♡♡♡
ReplyDeleteSorry for coming late for this lovely post, Dear friend. Hope you had a wonderful head start of March and new week.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in Australia, xoxo Miyako*
Hello Miyako - that's lovely and thank you!!
DeleteNo worries - you haven't come late... there's no time limits. Thanks for popping over :D)
this is so creative - i love it. And how nice for her to be there!
ReplyDeleteWonderful Sandy, many thanks :D)
DeleteA colourful pattern picture oozing fun and frivolity.
ReplyDeleteThanks Diane - it just had to be painted after hearing our dear one's description of that night!! :D)
DeleteOh Susan, this is wonderful!! Let's do the cancan - fantastic!! I love the frivolity of it, but also the fun - I have the feeling I'm sitting there watching these girls.
ReplyDeleteHa ha, how lovely... many thanks Carola :D)
Delete