I'd like to start this post off by telling you about one of my blogfriends, Maria, of The Next Stage Blogspot. She's been spending the last 5 days generously offering giveaways for readers of her blog - in celebration of her 1000th post... and celebrate she should because Maria is one busy lady all right.
As well as the usual busyness of everyday life, she always finds time for knitting, patchworking, quilting, creating and networking with her large group of friends in many clubs and organisations whose aims are all geared towards the benefit of people in need up in her part of Australia.
Now, you may recall, I mentioned a few posts ago that I'd started to put my paintings and photos into an online gallery, Redbubble. Well, Maria, unbeknownst to me (as we're never told the identity of purchasers), bought some of my artworks and is now offering a couple of them as today's 5th giveaway.
I'm extremely honoured (and humbled) in the unique way Maria included them in her celebrations, along with a special mention. It was a delightful surprise. Thanks so much Maria and congratulations!! Onwards to your 2000th :D)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now to some Woolly Good Fences:
Popping over to join Theresa and all her good mates at the Run*A*Round Ranch Report Good Fences gathering:
| Ok... here's my contribution. A nice Aussie rural pole fence. But wait, there's a bonus : |
| A cute attachment to the fence! |
| ... and here's the real woolly version (can be seen ever so slightly on the rhs of my first photo) |
Thanks for taking a look, and to see even more fences than you could poke a stick at... click on this image:
Enjoy your week and may it be filled with happiness and peace :D) xx

How cute, I love the real and fake sheep. They are so cute! Wonderful fence shots.. It is wonderful some of your photos sold, congrats to you and winner! Have a happy day!
ReplyDeleteHi Eileen, I could feel those sheepy eyes on me all the time ... so funny. Thanks for your lovely comments :D)
DeleteClever faux sheep sculpture! I don't think I've ever seen a pole fence like that but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
ReplyDeleteI love how some people have fun with their letter boxes. There are many versions of pole fences ... some are cleverly disguised ;D) Lovely to have you visit.
Deletefirst, that is SO nice of your blogger friend to purchase your paintings for giveaways! awesome! going to go check her site out.
ReplyDeletesecond, LOVE the old rails on that fencing and the wheels, too. third, ADORABLE mail slot sheep! and sweet peeper checking you out!
Hi T, and yes, Maria is a special lady. It was lovely of you to visit her site and leave your sweet comment :D)
DeleteSo glad you enjoyed the fencing I found (thank you to the owner!!) and that cute woolly lurker...
Wonderful series of the fence to the sheep. How I love this!!! I want that mailbox! The sheep is so cute, probably wondering what the heck you're doing there.
ReplyDeleteHa ha, yes Carola... I'd love to have that box too. Many thanks for your visit :D)
DeleteI hope I can remember all the things I want to say!!! I adore the new picture of you, as I can see your face. I love the fences, but the sheep attachment/mail box stole the show for me!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not in the least surprised about your artwork being purchased, it's just so unique and beautiful. how she is going to give it away, that's another thing!!! I will stop by!!! xo
Hi Debbie, and first off thanks for visiting Maria's party place and leaving that beautiful comment :D)
DeleteI'm glad you like my new 'facial'... some things take me a while, but I get there!
There's always something real nice about letterboxes that've been gussied up isn't there. They're put there to give everyone a smile ... oh and of course to receive the mail ;D)
I'm so encouraged re my artwork, thanks so much Debbie. I'm very appreciative of all the supportive comments. I never would've done anything with them if not for the nudge(s) from another blogger friend Vicki! :D)
Oh goodness fun and clever post! Love their little faces!
ReplyDeleteHello Karen, that's very nice thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it :D)
DeleteHaha, I love that mailbox!
ReplyDelete~
Hi there! Many thanks... just couldn't pass it by ;D)
DeleteGood to meet you Susan via Maria's blog - she is an amazing lady and I am just sorry that we were not able to meet when she came to Europe last year. Love the pictures of the red bird on your previous post.
ReplyDeleteHi Lin, thank you very much for popping over. Oh yes, Maria has many talents all right and a huge capacity for kindness and caring.
DeleteGlad you liked those fleeting photos of that pretty Scarlet Honeyeater... so glad I didn't hesitate and hang out for a better shot - 3 pics and that was it (compared to, say, 100 or more - eeek editing is like drawing teeth!!). :D)
I love the sheep mail box attached to the fence. very appropriate.
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret... yes, it fits well doesn't it. Appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteLove that unique mailbox.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Ruth, and it's beaut of you to call in :D)
DeleteThat is the cutest mail box ever!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, great to have your comment :D)
DeleteSusan,thank you so much for all those lovely things you said about me. And some of your readers dropped over and left comments on my blog. :-). I plan to reciprocate those visits too! Love your photos of those Aussie fences and that wonderful mail box! Those sheep posing for you with that super cut one taking centre stage...love it!
ReplyDeleteHi Maria, you're so very welcome !! :D)
DeleteI love how we bloggers can eliminate distance and time and show up on everyone's virtual doorstep for a cuppa! It's just beaut.
Glad you like the photos... oh yes those cutey eyes following me around, ha ha while all the others munched on! Cheers now :D)
I enjoyed the fences and the sheep posing. I was for loss for fences today so getting in to comment on yours and others.
ReplyDeleteHave a good night.
Hi there Carolann, so happy you enjoyed my post and for taking the time to visit :D)
DeleteLove your rural fence and the "real" sheep. The mail box is pretty impressive, too. It would make giving directions pretty easy, too, huh?
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Pauline... too right, it'd be a breeze for directions :D)
DeleteAh, I love that mailbox and of course the darling woolly sheep! They're my favorite. I had noticed your gorgeous artwork on your sidebar. Such vivid colors and beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteHi there Judy and lovely to have you visit. That sheep definitely had personality ;D) I love their faces.
DeleteThank you for your kind comments about my artwork too, much appreciated.
love the fence, love the mail box and really love the model for he mailbox. what a sweet and very nice thing for Maria to do for you..
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sandra - it was a chance find as we were driving... my eyes are always peeled!!
DeleteIt was such a really nice thing for Maria to do... yes, and it's so typical of her lovely nature :D)
Love that cover shot, beautiful roses. Also, now going to be the proud owner of a cushion cover featuring.... da ta daaaaa!!! ..... Sandy's favourite, naturally. My sister actually said it would make a beautiful fabric. Thanks so much, such talent. We'll all be able to say we knew her when.... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sandy, those roses were blooming their little hearts out for weeks recently. I love that little eaten away bit on the half opened rose on the left!
DeleteI'm tickled pink that you like the painting to have bought a cushion cover of it... when I first saw your Poinciana and read how enthusiastic you were over them, it got me all fired up and I just had to paint it!! I like what your sister said too, it would be nice as a fabric... I have so much to learn and next on my list is how to do a repeat print for doona covers! There's so many tutorials by redbubble and artists, provided my brain behaves I'll give it a go!
I'm walking on clouds at the compliments... thank you very much Sandy :D)
That was lovely of you to visit Maria's blog too Sandy. You'll be amazed, if not astounded, as you follow her doings. She hits the ground running .... and all for the care and comfort of people in crisis and need :D)
DeleteFun fence find. I did spot the sheep in the first photo and love the little mailbox sheep and the one peeking around the fence.
ReplyDeleteIt was so funny Ida... a shy sheep, keeping watch on me! Then as I got closer it stood its ground, definitely the leader in that mob I reckon!! Thanks for popping over :D)
DeleteThe sheep a very sweet and I love the letterbox, very clever. How nice of Maria to buy your artwork. And very generous to give it as one of her giveaway gifts.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you Denise, and I'm glad you enjoyed them all. Yes, Maria's very special :D)
DeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Janice, and thank you :D)
DeleteLove the cute little black sheep of the family. Nice fence shot too. I'll pop over to Marie now. I have a Redbubble account but I don't use it anymore.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Diane, I struck it lucky along the road didn't I.
DeleteThanks for your visit and also for leaving a comment for Maria, that was so nice :D)
We see a lot more black faced sheep around these days ... it seems the Merino is no longer the king.
ReplyDeleteI love the roses in your header.
Hi there Joan, yes that's right... back when I raised poddies those black faced sheep were a real rarity - I always found their personality quite endearing :D)
DeleteThanks re the roses - I should treat that bush with more care but I do prune it now and then at least... it gives such love florals in return.
lol, made me smile. Love that addition to the fence :)
ReplyDeleteAw thank you ... it's pretty cute, got to say ;D) Thanks for the visit.
DeleteLove your photos - they are so adorable. I'll take a look at her site when I get back this afternoon. How wonderful to have bought some of your art...
ReplyDeleteLovely! thanks so much Sandy, I really appreciate that. Yes, it was such a kind thing for Maria to do :D)
DeleteDearest Susan; OMG, how lovely the attachment and the real sheep with fence♡♡♡ As I was born in the sheep year which is happened to this year as well, I'm very happy to read this post, Dear friend♪
ReplyDeleteI hope you will have a wonderful coming weekend.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Hello Miyako, thank you very much and I'm so glad you like it. How about that - the sheep year, and the anniversary - that's so nice :D) Lovely to see you again.
DeleteWhat a wonderful gesture on Maria's part.
ReplyDeleteLove the "fence" photos. The curious black sheep is darling. Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any wool?
P.S. The roses in your header are stunning.
Too right Vicki - it was a real beaut thing to do.
DeleteOh gosh, yes, that lovely nursery rhyme... takes us back all right. Many moons since the first time I learnt that one :D)
Thanks for popping over ... enjoy your weekend and hope you can squeeze in some writing :D)
Hi Felicia, I totally agree with you - they're both cutie pies :D)
ReplyDeletenice gesture on marie's part. (i didn't even know you painted, susan! or maybe i just forgot?!! it's been too long...)
ReplyDeleteanyway...love the REAL wooden fence and the sheepishly cute mailbox!!
:)
Thanks for your comment Laura and, Welcome Back to Blogland - nice to see you again :D)
DeleteUm, as for me painting... well, putting it online is only a recent thing so, no, you hadn't forgotten anything ;D)
Glad you loved the fence and its cute mailbox. See you over at yours, cheerio !
They are fantastic, the fences and the sheep. So, it's right about Australia and sheep, lol.
ReplyDeleteHi Bob and thanks for your comment! Ha ha, yes... we have sheep here - it's true ;D)
DeleteCheerio for now!