Here we go again ... another year. Good wishes to all of us that it's a great one :D)
Lovely to be back, and I'm keen to catch up with everyone once more.
Random offerings in this post, starting with dessert:
oooh la la.... memories of a trifle that was definitely not to be trifled with! Our Daughter's Christmas Day Delight... it had everything, and more ! We slept well that night ;D)
Now for a walk along the sandy shoreline.
Couldn't resist snapping this truly random find:
Here's a photo opp that I did set up.
I plunked the mussel shell in the water and was happy to watch it drift on its way - floating and bobbing along:
| Sometimes, it's lovely to just float along. I remember as a child, floating with only my eyes, nose and mouth out of the water, hearing nothing much at all except the underwater sounds. |
A couple of 'firsts for 2015' ... our first coffee for the new year:
| I couldn't resist adding a loveheart I cut and pasted from our coffees we played around with a few years' ago |
... and our first Turkish Coffee for the year. Very strong - hits the spot!
| We treated ourselves to some pretty little cups |
Ha ha, I warned this post contained random offerings :D)
Here's a recycling thingy I thought up because I don't like having to clean chopping boards after cutting up raw meat... you know, how those little bits of meat (especially chicken) cling determinedly to the board.
Well, I washed and cut empty UHT milk containers and they're excellent for one-off uses as cutting surfaces. No washing up, just throw away after use!
Finally, I'd like to end on a pretty note.
The ability to photograph white flowers seems to escape me, however, I had a lucky moment a few weeks ago:
Thanks for popping over :D)
I love the mussel shell just floating ...and, can't believe all the thousands of other little shells in the water! wow!
ReplyDeletehere's to a good one for us all ... 2015 here we come.....what and I saying? ... we're already here! yikes!
Hi Vee, glad you enjoyed the floating mussel! Thank goodness I can photograph all those shells, I used to come home with pockets bulging with shells ... just re-locating them that is ;D)
DeleteThanks for popping over.
This is such a delightful post Susan. So many lovely photos and love the clever tip on recycling the milk cartons. Thank you so much and A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Denise, I love to find a double use for things :D) Appreciate your good wishes and visit too.
DeleteAh I spy some "natures art". Have a great new year Susan.
ReplyDeleteThat you did Joan - each tide brings new treasures to see ;D)
DeleteThank you, and wishing you a great one too
These are really beautiful pictures Susan. I loved the mussel shell best perhaps because when I was in New Zealand recently I tried to photograph some of the beautiful mussel shells on the beach and I did not make anything like such a beautiful job of it is you. I think the trifle looks great. Reminds me to have a go at Danish christmas pudding. We had it on |Christmas eve with some Danish friends and it's a lovely rice pudding with cherries and almonds. I resolved to have a go. No time like the present :) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Jenny. Oh yes, definitely give that Danish Christmas pudding a go, it sounds absolutely yummy. Anytime sounds perfect eh!! Cheers :D)
Deleteso much fun....I remember the coffee "works of art"!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI see lots of shells like those here at the jersey shore!!!!!
Thank Debbie, yes the coffee art fooling around was fun while it lasted !
DeleteI just love shells... my pockets only hold so many! I've taken to collecting the teeny weeny ones now :D)
love the carnations! and the cherry dish looks yummy! sweet hearts and pretty smart recycling, there! happy new year, dear susan!
ReplyDeleteHi T, and thank you for your lovely comments too :D)
Deletei enjoyed your post - lots of cool photos and i like the idea of the cutting board you created. Makes sense. I like your white flowers - and love the yellow heart shaped leaf - it looks like the same kind of leaf that comes off my red bud tree in fall. Have a great year!
ReplyDeleteThat's good, thank you Sandy. I'm glad you liked the post ... I've no idea what tree that leaf came off, couldn't find any the same in the area - a mystery leafing perhaps!! Cheers :D)
DeleteThe UHT tip looks good for camping and road trips!
ReplyDeleteCheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
PS: I think I will be be keeping WBW open a couple of days longer - just so the late arrivals can still link up!!
Oh yes Stewart, anything that makes camping etc easier is always welcome isn't it!
DeleteThanks for popping by :D)
Random is wonderful!
ReplyDeletelol, thanks Deb :D)
DeleteWonderful photos as per usual, Susan :-). What a great idea for chopping meat too, clever you :-). Those coffees look pretty good, and are you suggesting there may have been alcohol in that trifle???? lol
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Maria, glad you enjoyed the post.
DeleteYep, there was something tiddly in the trifle !!! .. our darling Daughter has firmly established a family tradition now ;D)
Wonderful images and post! I love the cute hearts..And the cherry treat looks yummy! Happy New Year to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteHello Eileen and lovely to see you here too. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts :D)
DeleteLove your Cherry treat...would you mind sending me your recipe? I also think your white flower photo turned out very WELL!
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Hi Linda, yes, it's on its way to ... our Daughter has just emailed it to me for you. You'll thoroughly enjoy it - and the addition of the port should warm you up over there ! :D)
DeleteThanks re the white flower, I was very happy with it too. Now to paint it !
A fun random post. I like the once off cutting board idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Diane... we use nothing else when cutting meat now - does away with the yukky clingy meaty bits n pieces ;D)
DeleteHappy random New Year, Susan!
ReplyDeleteI love this eclectic collection of photos. They tell a story.
Gold star for your white carnations photo -- white flowers aren't easy to photograph. Any tips?
Oh gosh, sorry Vicki for the late reply to your lovely comment.
DeleteAbsolutely no tips for the photo (but I'll still take the gold star ha ha) ... it was a total fluke!!
Hugs xx
Bit late with my happy New Year. But Happy New Year! Love the recycle idea and I've just started buying my milk in cartons too. Great random collection all round. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, no never to late for a happy wish eh :D)
DeleteThank you kindly. Glad you liked that recycle idea. I use it for cooked meat too now (we have so many!!).
Cheers and beaut to have you visit.