Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Greedy Gull

Hello!

Well, there's not a lot I can say about this photo ... except that he/she stood there for ages, trying in vain to swallow the fish.

 But couldn't !!



Linking up with Stewart over at his place where lots of bird lovers meet.  Join us by clicking on the image below:




53 comments:

  1. oh, my goodness! hilarious! but poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and it went on and on T. I took more photos but it was a kind of hopeless situation all round, so just settled on one pic!

      Delete
  2. oh I love this!! How adorable - I love to watch the duck and shore birds working on their fish trying to swallow it - ..Cormorants are fun to watch also! Such a cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, I thought of you and how you love to photograph seagulls... this one's eyes were bigger than its belly eh :D)

      Delete
  3. That Gull has a problem, greedy. Beautiful image Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried your grated veggies last night...thought you would find that interesting...I had bought some at the store and they were starting to wilt...thought this was a good thing to try. It is yummy.

    Also, I want to mention I love your header!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Linda... and, yes, thanks for your feedback and am glad you enjoyed them. Changes the taste quite a bit doesn't it.

      Thanks re the header too :D)

      Delete
  5. That is a fun shot Susan, and if I haven't said it before, I adore your header photo. The roses are gorgeous, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, the rest of the shots of this fellow kind of got real gross... in the end, the gull was practically on its knees (?? knees ?? gull ?? ... whatever they're called), really going for it, but to no avail.

      Glad you liked the roses too. They're real toughies and just do their own thing - fortunately!!

      Delete
  6. Perfect capture! Gulls never seem to know when to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's difficult to know who to feel most sorry for. I guess it has to be the fish. But you've made this struggle into a delightful fun post - excellent photo, wonderful narrative. Thanks for that.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Derek and welcome to my blog. I was thinking that as I was preparing this post... circle of life stuff! Thanks for your comments :D)

      Delete
  8. that is a great image and made me laugh. Bitten off more than he can chew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret... oh yes he'd indeed done that - no doubt a larger bird swooped in and relieved him of the problem :D) Cheers!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful photo!
    Have a great day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Never try to eat anything bigger than your head!' - sounds like decent advice to me!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound advice indeed... easy to remember too lol :D)

      Delete
  11. Now, that is a lot to chew.. Cute shot! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Sure is, but, am thinking I'd prefer an icecream ;D)

      Delete
  13. Great capture! Gulls tend to be greedy birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gunilla and thanks... yep, and this is proof. Beaut to have you visit again :D)

      Delete
  14. Hi Susan, thank you for your visit and your real nice comments :)
    Love this gull! Great shot :))
    Can I please have this picture and cut it out for some of
    my "art" pictures? Would love to have that one. :)
    Over here the gulls are always hungry and not "stuffed" :D
    Have a great time
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Knipsa, thanks for asking and, of course, I'd be very happy to let you have a copy of this photo... I'd appreciate it if you'd include the usual link back to my blog :D)
      I'm having a bit of trouble finding your email address on your blog, so if you'll email me on susansthisandthat@gmail.com I'll send it on its way to you.

      Looking forward to seeing what you do with it :D)

      Delete
    2. Hi Susan, thanks for your offer. Just tried to send you an email,
      but it failed :( Here is mine: knipsa.passtscho@gmail.com
      On my blog I put my email into my header. :) And of course I'll link back :)
      And I like your header, I love roses, and that is a real beauty :))

      Delete
    3. Oh dear, I'm sorry Knipsa, I can't believe I wrote the wrong email address, it should have been susansthisnthat@gmail.com!!! All I can say is that I had a bit of brain-drain this afternoon and needed a Nanna Nap ;D) !!

      Thanks for getting back, and now I'll email you shortly. Glad you like the rose header... it's a nice colour isn't it. Cheers :D)

      Delete
  15. hehehe, I guess you had plenty of time to get this awesome shot. I was at the beach today, it was cold but beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie - so much time indeed, that gull wasn't going anywhere - pretty stubborn little coot (er, gull!!)

      I'm with you, the beach is beautiful anytime ... keep warm :D)

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Hi Marie, oh yes he was... I think his jaw would've been pretty sore in the end too :D)

      Delete
  17. Hello Dearest Susan; Wow, surely must be having HARD time swallowing p:-) Felt sorry for his/her casting eyes upward which seems tired. But NOT giving up, haha.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miyako... and thanks for visiting. Ha ha, oh yes, that little gull had no hope at all of swallowing the fish. I reckon he was tired too... but, yes, hanging on to it!
      Cheers now and lovely to read your comment and beautiful greetings :D)

      Delete
  18. I'm laughing at that silly gull! This is such a wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much EG... got to say we laughed a lot too :D)

      Delete
  19. Someone's got a complex and thinks he's a pelican, but he's a pelican't! Wonder if it's that gull that got knocked unconscious at the cricket yesterday? Lovely shot though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, love it Sandy!!
      Aw, didn't see that cricket incident... poor gull, should've stayed by the seaside ;D)

      See, I keep wavering back and forth - sorry for the gull, sorry for the fish - oh this circle of life thing is confusing at times !!

      Lovely to have you visit ... cheerio for now :D)

      Delete
  20. It sure does make you giggle. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good Diane ... always good to giggle eh - thanks for popping over :D)

      Delete
  21. It looks like the robot thingy has gone at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray!!!!! Thanks for that, I'll remove my "mutterings" from the box too then ;D)

      Delete
  22. a Pelican't....hahhaha that was a good one from Sandy....

    what a stupid bird.... oh, alright .. greedy and pretty stupid too..... he's lucky it didn't get stuck half way down...... c'mob buddy, slice it up a bit......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy's nailed it!!!

      Funny thing, the gull reminded me of me ... when attacking a certain cherry trifle filled and laced with goody good good things on Christmas Day ;D)

      Delete
  23. Ha! So funny! I am often amazed at the way in which birds swallow things in one gulp. In December, I saw a Little Pied Cormorant do that to a large freshwater yabby - imagine how spiny that is!

    Just have to shout out to Sandy too: 'Pelican't' is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Christian, absolutely... our feathered friends always do something to amaze us don't they - not content with just being interesting and special, they give us a lot of entertainment. Beaut of you to drop by.

      Yep, too right, Sandy did a good'un :D)

      Delete
  24. that's hysterical!! well...maybe not for the poor seagull! hopefully it didn't take him too long to find another fish more suited to his size!! haha!!!
    it is a fantastic shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, and i love the header roses!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Laura, aw... yes it was hysterical!! Our seagulls are pretty tough and "in your face" - I somehow think some of his mates would've come and helped him out of his predicament!!
      Lovely to see you again and thanks re the header. Am going to change it for an Australia Day one very shortly. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  25. Replies
    1. Many thanks Pat, I appreciate your comment. Nice to meet you, will pop over and visit you soon. Cheers :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx