I had a quick look through the blogs in my sidebar and it's beaut to see all the familiar names there.
I can see there's been a lot of travelling, birdwatching, cooking, gardening, sewing, painting and all things in between that have been going on, so it will be nice to catch up with each of you once more.
I've been painting a lot over the past few months, and we've been walking nearly every day. Life's been quiet and peaceful and that's the way we like it.
Here's a few pics of what's been happening in our part of the world:
| Our Magpie family thought it about time we became acquainted with their new addition, so they brought baby to our yard for a feed. |
| It's a greedy young thing ... noisy too ! |
| This is some of the beautiful scenery we see during our walks. |
| ... lots of funny little worm tubes |
| This year's hatch of cygnets with their protective parents |
| Adorable cuties aren't they ! |
![]() |
| My latest additions to my windowsill collection of plants... truly amazing how much one windowsill can hold !! |
| A page from my sketch book... such a peaceful thing to do with a pen and a few splatters of colour. I've popped a couple of my other paintings up in my header. |
| Here's my next challenge... painting the glass jar. Fortunately, there are lots of helpful Youtube videos out there by very generous artists. I'll learn from them. |
| I'm never short of inspiration for paintings - how magnificent is this simple geranium (pelargonium) |
Well, that's me for now. Thank you for your visits while I was absent. I'm going to take pleasure in returning the courtesy and will see you over at yours :D)

I love your drawing/paintings Susan...great job! Whoa....that is one BIG baby magpie isn't it?... hahahaha.... they'll hang forever if the parents let them ... hmm sounds like kids..... not mine... I never had any... but kids we see nowadays.... some family members included ..my sister's ....
ReplyDeleteHi Vee, yes as far as we can work out the baby magpie isn't all that old either. Has a massive appetite too. Sits and, as Sandy below comments, it "eeek eeek eeeks" for ages, demanding food from both parents. They'd just love it if we took over the feeding duties I'm sure !!
DeleteIt was really interesting to see the difference in your magpies to ours on your blog too.
Cheerio for now :D)
Oh and Vee, many thanks for your comments about my artwork too - very much appreciated :D)
DeleteGlad to see you back reinvigorated. I think my poincianas will be in good hands. Look forward to seeing the result. I had a couple of magpies drop their baby into my care one day a couple of years ago. They came back a couple of times to check on their baby as it strutted around my back yard "eeek eeek eeeking" and I was concerned I was stuck with it. They must have had a previous engagement and thought I looked like suitable nanny material. Eventually they came back and collected him/her. I never thought to get a photo but was before I started the blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy, it's good to be back. I like the colours and shape of the poincianas in your photos, so I appreciate being able to download them. I thought they'd look nice drawn as Christmas cards :D)
DeleteGotta love how those poor over-worked maggie parents are thrilled to find a likely nanny. I was watching how diligently they hunted for food. Only about every 4th or 5th find went down their own throats.
Beaut to catch up again, till next time :D)
oohhhh susan, there's so much to talk about!!! little ones can be quite pesky, empting the nest is not really all that bad ;)
ReplyDeleteyour art is beautiful and you selected the perfect color for you geranium!! wonderful to see you today!!!
Hi Debbie and lovely to see you pop up here again. I have a heap of catching up don't I!!
DeleteGlad you liked my artwork and, yes, that colour certainly caught my eye. Cheers now :D)
ooohhhhh and those swans, wow, so good to see them again!!!
ReplyDeleteaww, now how did I know you would love those swans eh ;D) xx
DeleteBeautiful series Susan, well done.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Bob, very much appreciated. Beaut to have you visit :D)
DeleteWelcome back my friend you have been missed. Love your paintings and photos. Hug B
ReplyDeleteHi B, that's so lovely of you to say... and it's really good to be back.
DeleteI was a bit rusty when I tried to freshen up the appearance of my blog - soon got back into the hang of it though.
Thanks re my paintings and photos, always beaut fun to do. Beaut to have you visit too.
Catch you again soon, cheerio for now :D)
Welcome back Susan, you've been missed. Your header is just lovely, of course I adore the swans! And, your paintings are really magnificent! Is that poppies on the one painting? And, it's great to challenge yourself...the accomplishments are so rewarding, aren't they? Those little worm tubes are weird, aren't they? Did you see anything come out of them? The wonderful walks you have always bring new items to your bag of goodies! Thank you so much for coming back, Susan! by the way...I'm drinking Columbian coffee from an Elvis mug as I write! Thinking of you, dear friend! ♥
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Suzanne and I could just picture you enjoying your coffee ... from an Elvis mug too, reckon you couldn't improve on that at all - oh, perhaps some choccie for afters ?!! lol :D)
DeleteI really appreciate your thoughts about my paintings and, yes, they are poppies... mind you, sometimes my flowers start out as one kind and end up being something entirely different.
I was guessing those little tubes in the sand were for worms, but I didn't see any evidence. The work that's gone into them is amazing and then the tide comes in !!
Beaut to be cranking up the blog again. Enjoy the rest of your week and till next time, cheerio :D)
Hmm!
ReplyDeleteInteresting blog, Susan.
Where do you live in our wonderful land - swans suggest WA??
Unlike above ( Ms Prickett) I am in this sauna of Brisbane - drinking 4XXXX!
Cheers
Colin
Hi Colin, welcome to my blog. You're right, we do have a wonderful land and with you mentioning Brisbane I'm reminded of an article I happened to see about a man-made lake which had become a sanctuary for hundreds of species of birds (a large number of them being Black Swans) and which was proposed to be filled in for the purposes of a car park. I couldn't find any reference today as to whether that went ahead. Hope not. Cheers now :D)
DeleteYou sound like you live a very relaxed and enjoyable life. Walking and painting and now blogging , you can't get better than that.
ReplyDeleteHi Diane, and, yes we do and we treasure every bit of the peace and quiet we are lucky to have. I saw you've been out having more adventures,, before dementia, lol :D), and I am looking forward to catching up with your latest. See you over there and many thanks for your kind visit.
DeleteLovely to see your post today Susan and thank you for your visit. I enjoyed reading your comments. Your paintings are a treat, very pretty! Your magpie photos also, he is a hungry little thing isn't he? Those worm holes are fascinating and such a pretty beach scene. Those black swans are gorgeous. I have seen them occasionally but it would be lovely to see them in their natural world. Pretty pink geranium you are working on and your new additions to your windowsill are lovely. A lovely post indeed. Thank you and Happy day to you :-)
ReplyDeleteHello Denise and thank you kindly for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed my post and pics and I appreciate your visit. Cheerio for now :D)
DeleteWhat a great round up of activities. You seem to have been having fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping over Joan, yes life is good :D)
DeleteYou are living the life! I'm happy for you. I would love to see more of your paintings. Have you painted any of the wildlife photos? I think the one with the black swans with babies would be stunning!
ReplyDeleteHi there Mary, I've painted some birds, haven't tried the black swans - their feathers are interesting to perhaps have a try. I did try to do a Pelican once and he came out as something fairly ferocious ha ha, but I'll put together a post for you and include those kind of efforts. I always seem to lean towards fish and flowers as my subjects though. Thanks for your comments, much appreciated :D)
DeleteYou have been having a perfectly lovely time!!!
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Hello Linda, thanks for visiting and I look forward to catching up further with you :D)
Deletehi susan! always good to see you again! and better yet to hear life is good and quiet!!! love your poppy painting and cute magpie family, too. blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteHi there T, so great to come out of 'hibernation' and re-connect... many thanks for your lovely comments and, likewise, good to see you too :D)
DeleteWelcome back, Susan!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos of the magpie feeding its baby. And of course, the ones of the cygnets. I'm such a sucker for baby animals. :-)
Your artwork is just fantastic. You are one very gifted woman. I'd be ecstatic if I had a fraction of your talent.
Hi Vicki, isn't it just fabulous being able to share in a little bit of these babies. I love your sweet little wren nursery too, and the trust they've shown in you both by building their nest where they did.
DeleteThank you so very kindly too for your words re my artwork... I'm blown away actually :D) xx
Hello there Susan, lovely to see you back sounding rested Refreshed and definitely ready to take on the world of blogging again. Never one to let the grass grow under your feet I wonder what next will be coming out from The House of This and That lol
ReplyDeleteTake care
Cathy
Commenting via blogger - no w/press avenue available
Thanks for your visit Cathy, nice to see you once more. Oh yes goodness knows what will be happening here next... even I don't know !! lol. Cheers and I'll catch up soon over at yours :D)
Deleteenjoyed your post - photos of where you walk - your art, your plants - sounds like you have been keeping busy with things you enjoy - sounds a lot like my retirement - my walks are one of my favorite activities during the day. glad to see you back! love that bloom/flower you painted.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, beaut to see you and, yes, it is really nice to be able to do the things we enjoy isn't it. It's always appreciated the freedom we have. Thanks very much for your thoughts and enjoy your walks too :D)
DeleteOur garden magpies seem to have moved on - which makes things quieter, but less entertaining!
ReplyDeleteCheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
Thanks for dropping by Stewart, it was nice catching up once more :D)
DeleteLovely collection of photos, Susan. How nice to see the cygnets with the swans! Your sketches and paintings are wonderful also, keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Christian, I'll never tire of those swans ! I do appreciate your encouragement for my paintings too. See you over at yours :D)
Delete