Well, the movie "Love Actually" was on telly last night so Christmas is definitely near! It's one of my 3 favourites that I can watch again and again. The others are "My Blue Heaven" and, I can just hear my darling groan (in a painful way) when he reads this... "Out of Africa" lol ;D)
My selection of photos come from another one of our recent walks and we were greeted firstly with the happy squeals of a toddler learning to fly his kite. A happy little scene:
| A flying fish no less ! A bit different to our paper and string kites of eons ago :D) |
Gall-ing
We were walking around the bush to the left of the kite flying family and I decided to take a photo of these things that were on certain trees we pass when we walk in this area:
I wondered if they were some kind of bush fruit perhaps, so decided to take some photos and investigate.
Silly me, turns out they are galls caused by a special kind of wasp. The tree is a coastal wattle Acacia longifolia.
| Just happened to see this little fellow on one of the leaves near the galls. All in all, by the state of the Acacia, I guess it's not feeling the brightest ! |
Rubbish... grrrrr
Further on, we were walking right by the water and I saw this:
... and this:
the movement in the water kind of distorts what it is but, yeah, more rubbish into the beautiful lakes system. Takes all kinds doesn't it!
More Sweet Swans
Anyway, moving on, we turned the corner and saw a sight that put a big smile back on our faces:
| Mum and Dad Swan and their little one |
I could almost imagine the cygnet was playing a game of peek-a-boo:
So sweet.
My Artwork and Photos
At the suggestion of my good friend Vicki of Eucalypt Habitat I've been creating a portfolio of my artwork and photographs on one of the online sites she suggested. I decided to give it a go and so chose Redbubble. I remember Deb of Ramblings of a Square Peg in a Round Hole suggesting the same spot a few years' ago but I never followed her up. Well, now I have paintings as well as pics, so why not!!
It's been a learning curve... so much to learn but lots of easy tutorials are there to help. Lots of helpful technical advice for taking photos for specific purposes and products too.
They seem a very professional site with a good reputation and copyright matters are a high priority. While it's the first time I've ever done anything like this, I'm happy that I've started:
If you'd like to pop over sometime you'd be most welcome, here's the link to my portfolio which I add to every few days: susansometimes on redbubble
Well, that's about all for this post. I shall pull Froggie out of the archives so that he can spread some Christmas Cheer on the header. See you over at yours ... :D)

Well now I am going to check out your movie suggestions. I love all yur photos and rubbish bothers me the same way. I am heading over to your redbubble site, it is about time, a person with your talent needs an audience. All the best of the holidays to you my friend. xo hugs.B
ReplyDeleteHi there B, I hope you enjoy the movies... I'm totally a romantic at heart !
DeleteThanks too for your comments, they're always most appreciated :D)
Oh I love your site beautiful work just beautiful. HUG B
ReplyDeleteThat's so nice, thank you B for popping over there and I appreciate the encouragement :D)
Deletelove, actually is a cute one. sweet swans. i have to stop and pick up trash in front of our place about once every week or so - folks love to toss their trash out the window (usually beer bottles and cans and cigarette butts) as they turn the corner to head home after partying.
ReplyDeleteReal nice to see you T, ah yes we both enjoyed that movie... many emotions there!
DeleteOh I bet you just love (not) picking up after thoughtless people - I used to wonder what their homes looked like, but they're probably spotless because all their rubbish is on the roads, waterways etc lol ! :D)
your florals look like beautiful tapestries and textiles!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for taking the time to check them out T, I'm quietly excited at finally reaching this stage... just needed some nudging :D)
DeleteI enjoyed those pics Susan - and love the ones of the swans!! beautiful beautiful. I'll go check out your red bubble - good for you creating a portfolio!
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, how nice of you to visit. I can't resist more 'swanning' pics ... aren't they gorgeous and we love how they float around in their family groups, so gracefully :D)
DeleteYour Redbubble site is wonderful - love your fish - and your daisies - just great. i put a link to their on my sidebar.
ReplyDeleteThat's so kind, thank you Sandy... I'm still learning the ropes on redbubble, but am getting there :D)
DeleteHi Susan, lovely seeing those black swans. I saw them for the first time in NZ on my recent trip and felt quite overawed. I have heard about black swans for so long! all my life... and finally I was seeing some :)
ReplyDeleteI will go and see your stuff on Redbubble now. That is a site I haven't heard of so I am looking forward to exploring it.
Hi there Jenny, beaut to see you. I'm pleased you were able to finally see some black swans, we're so spoilt being able to live surrounded by them. We go for a walk and there they are, sitting close to the pathway eating some grass and not at all fussed by people .. ha ha, swans rule here!!
Delete:D)
PS I have looked at the site now. There are some lovely images! my favourite is the big red fish, but they're all pretty.
ReplyDeleteSo kind, thanks for taking the time to have a look Jenny and I appreciate your feedback. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it keeps me happily occupied ... otherwise, who knows what I might get up to !! ;D)
DeleteDearest Susan; Oh, I've never know and seen the movie p:-) I was SO enchanted with the black swans and cygnet as we COULD see them in the lake of our city park before♡♡♡ What a great collection of pictures from your walks♪ Oh, the trash trouble everywhere!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for stopping by, I was really happy to see your comment, m dear friend.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Hello to you Miyako, it's lovely to see you over here. So many movies around aren't there... they're old ones now, but all lovely and romantic in their various ways.
DeleteYes, I've seen your photos of your beautiful swans. You have such beautiful parks - I loved your recent Christmas lights photos.
Thanks for your visit and cheerio :D)
Love Christmas movies and listening to Carols. Enjoying family and friends, it's a wonderful time of the year. Your photos are great, especially loved the swans but isn't it frustrating how people throw litter everywhere? Would they do that in their own house? Well, maybe! Enjoyed reading this post very much.
ReplyDeleteHi Denise, that reminds me... I haven't been playing as many Carols this year, must get on to that :D) Yes, I do love the Christmasy movies too - even the real oldies, they're so nostalgic.
DeleteThanks for your comments, always good to exchange our thoughts. Bye for now :D)
Hi Susan,
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the fish kite. Redbubble has done me well lately, in fact I have had a number of sales which is lovely as it makes me realize my stuff is appealing to others not just me. And it is interesting to me to see what it that does appeal. My "Fat Bottom Girls" is very popular and its just a photo of the fabric on my apron that my daughter made for me. Have a lovely Christmas, Susan.
Thank you kindly Deb, I was quite pleased with it too. I'm glad you're still happy being a part of RB... I'm still on a learning curve but I do appreciate all the support I've received. Yes, it's very interesting seeing what appeals. It's early days for me but I'm glad to have at least made a start and I can put my brain to work a bit more! I wish you continued successes :D)
DeleteI'm heading over there to see your art! Isn't it incredible how the internet is changing everyone's lives that can use a computer? Especially artists of all sorts.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, thank you for popping in here and also for checking out my art. Yes, I agree how the internet changes lives... I remember how strange it felt for me when I first started blogging. It's the warmth and friendliness of people all over who make the difference. Cheers :D)
Deletemy favorite movie of all time is the notebook....best love story ever made. folks tell me it's sad but I don't see it that way. I never have. I have seen the movie 100 times and the hubs always groans when he "hears" it on. he usually takes a nap!!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the swans and company, they really bring back some wonderful memories from the past!!
frogie has a "cracker". I always place them on the table for every holiday!!!!!!
Lovely to see you Debbie. It is good isn't it to have our favourites, the one/s that hits the feelgood spot inside us. You made me chuckle about your hubs groan...
DeleteAlways good to have a swanny dose isn't it, glad you enjoyed them again.
Yes, we do the cracker thing too - each one beside a plate and we all share opening them. Lots of good fun and memories with our loved ones eh! Cheerio and all the best :D)
the "hat's" are my favorite part!! everyone has to wear their hat!!!!
Deletethat's right, we all sit around with paper crowns on our heads... then come the jokes that are read out... sooo corny but extra funny on Christmas Day :D) xx
DeleteMerry Christmas, Susan and blog pals!
ReplyDeleteA wonderfully eclectic selection of pics. My fav is the top photo of the swan family.
Grrrr to the rubbish -- for the life of me, I can't understand why some people think it's okay to litter.
Reading the comments above, I see I'm not the only fan of your fabulous artworks. :)
P.S. Terrific blog header.
DeleteHi Vicki, lovely to see you here and I'm real pleased you enjoyed my this n thattings!
DeleteI'm real glad you gave me the nudge to get cracking on my paintings... so much to do, so little time - ha ha, should've gotten started years ago :O) !!
I really love and appreciate all the encouragement :D)