It's a beautiful still, sunny morning here.
After a night of strong winds and rain - we're enjoying this lovely start to what will be a great day.
As I type it's 8.29 am Friday and we've got a while to wait until the bus pulls in at the Post Office this afternoon.
Aboard the bus will be one of our dear loved ones, who is coming to stay for a while - yay! Grandparental opportunities to care for and spoil to bits will abound.
Further on in the month, another dear heart will arrive and bring further opportunities to share our love.
Life is good to us, and it's these joys that cannot be measured in monetary terms... only in heartfull terms.
I shall be on leave from my blog for a while... and shall leave some photos below of what's been happening in our part of the world over recent weeks.
 |
| Keeping an eye on this swan couple |
|
 |
| ... from a distance of course :D) |
 |
| On a real blustery day we had fun watching Pelicans excitedly catching their lunch.. |
 |
| ...diving, elbowing (? !) and being every Pelican for him or herself. |
 |
| We chose the cosier option... fish and chips in the car! |
 |
| We went to the Hot Rod Show last month and saw this. Ah, the good old drive-in!! So easy to drive off with the speaker still attached - ouch! Just saying lol :D) |
 |
| We, of course, fell for this little get-up - so cute! |
 |
| The owner occasionally offered chocolate biccies from the tins on the back shelf - I wasn't quick enough, so I took a photo instead ;D) |
 |
| Having a 'whale of a time' painting still. Am currently trying to do a Southern Right Whale - there have been a few sightings as they pass by heading for their breeding hangouts further up the East Coast. I like how I've done her eye so far!! Getting there. |
 |
| Final photo - taking a liberty and sharing our neighbour's beautiful pot of Azaleas. He says he does nothing for them, just lets them be year after year. Beautiful eh!! |
|
I shall catch up with everyone later on and, in the meantime, enjoy each day and may life be good to you too.
Cheerio for now :D)
Dearest Susan; These are really terrific pictures; swans and pelicans are really cute and my husband was fascinated with the cars from Hot Rod Show ;-)
ReplyDeleteHoping you will be able to come back soon, Dear Friend♬♬♬
Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
I love the red push & pull car, it is magnificent.
ReplyDeleteCome back soon.
ReplyDeleteLove all your delightful photos Susan, but that cute caravan is just amazing! lol. Have a wonderful time with your houseguests xx
ReplyDeletedo enjoy your time with grand(s)! i like your painting, too. and the old vehicles!
ReplyDeleteEspecially love the pelican shots,
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful break and enjoy those grandparental ops. :)
Love the little caravan. Hope you enjoy your time with your loved ones.
ReplyDeleteoohhhh susan, you know my heart went pitter, patter when i saw those swans. old, dear memories for sure!!
ReplyDeleteand the vintage cars, be still my heart....i think that is all the excitement i can take in one day!!!
ps.....i love eating in the car!!!!!
Congratulations on your new arrival! You're correct...grandparental duties are aboundingly joyful! We were graced with our little one last week...his mother doesn't like me, so we had to suffer nearly 4 months without seeing him at all, (because I won't do what SHE tells me to do! And, she thinks I'm giving him coffee! WHO ME?) She doesn't have to know, though, does she?
ReplyDeleteI do love your classic car presentation! (The Olds is boss!) Oh, I still adore and admire the old ones! And, if I could come there, I would gladly keep an eye out for your swans and pelicans Susan!
Take care Susan and MD...have a wonderful time! Hugs! ♥
Enjoy your lovingful break and take plenty of photos. Very impressed with your painting as well as photos!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your lovely ones
ReplyDeleteOne more thing! I really admire your painting, and how you take on any subject and do so well! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your blog break with your loved ones.
ReplyDeleteThose cars. Wow!!!
missing you :)
ReplyDeleteThank you each and every one. Hugs and cheerio for now. I shall get back into my blogging visits as soon as but life is just a bit crowded at the moment. Cheerio for now :D)
ReplyDelete