Thursday, April 10, 2014

Maggie in the fence


This old paling fence still has its uses...

Photo taken in East Gippsland, Victoria, Australia


... a nice resting spot for a Maggie (Magpie) to sit and listen for a worm or grub.





Linking up with

Thanks for your visit.
If you have time, why not pop over to Theresa's blog and check out some others

Cheers now :D)

24 comments:

  1. Love the magpie peeking out of the fence! That is a "good fence" to perch and view a bird's world!
    Nice to meet you Susan! Thank you for the visit to my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't see it at first - nice hiding place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved it! made me smile. :)

    thanks for linking in, susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's a sweet photo Susan, love that little Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Susan Love the fence and the Magpie peeping out on the ledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That magpie found a great spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, he's playing hide and seek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photo! I wonder if that magpie feels like a sentry - it's such a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) Cute bird! Excellent picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das ist ja lustig. Ob er sich verstecken wollte? Wie auch immer ... du hast ihn entdeckt.

    Liebe Abendgrüße
    Waldameise

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely shot!
    Greetings from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness your patch of Australia in the photo above looks a bit like our patch of TX.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute shot, at first I did not see the bird sitting there. Enjoy your day and have a happy weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fence still has its use, as the Magpie well knows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the magpie sitting in the fence. S/he seems to like this place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. See even worn out things can still be useful. The magpie seems quite content there on that old weathered fence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore this. It'd make a great painting. ;-)

    A fabulous weekend to all...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, the fence DOES look like a great place for a magpie to rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great shot. And I love your new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. kind of amazing isn't it how they'll choose a little sneaky spot like that. Through the hot summer, as it neared midday, a family of three would sit under the low to the ground michelia branches, near to the back door. I had a water dish under there for them also; they would sit there for two-three hours, waiting for the heat of the day to wane...

    ReplyDelete
  21. No Kidding? Is Maggie really a Magpie? What a fabulous photo! I love old broken down fences. And, if you look real close, (which you do!) you can always find some sort of treasure there! Lovely post...good to see you. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx