I'm ignoring my old inclinations of the past to prepare properly for a post. Spontaneous Susan has hit town!!
The Jolt:
First thing, MD made us a lovely coffee as is the usual routine...
![]() | |||
| Just to keep things on the level - this wasn't the actual cup of this morning, it's from one a few years' ago that he created for my Coffee Art blog. |
.... anyhow, I felt something in it as I scooped out my first teaspoon of foam. Didn't think too much of it - presuming it was a lump of cocoa sprinkle.
Ummmm, nooooo, when I got to the end, there was this small dark cylinder shape thing which looked too much like something awful (No Photos... it really does look similar)...
I went into pre-panic mode (which is still not a pretty sight even though it's only pre!! Lol!!).
Then post-panic mode (slightly less not pretty)
.... then realised it was the perished lining of the plastic steaming spout on the coffee making machine!
Oh Bliss...
Oh Joy....
Phew.... is that all it was - yay, yes. Oh thank goodness.
Enjoy every bit of your day - we intend to :D) xx

spontaneous susan made me laugh! glad it was 'safe' after all. :)
ReplyDeleteLol, thanks T. Boy, life likes to give a little jolt now and then eh!!
ReplyDeleteGood news to go with a great looking cup of coffee!! And you, spontaneous, I rather like that!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a relief I can tell you Debbie !!
DeleteLol, as long as I don't spontaneously combust, I think it'll be fun ;D)
Oh I love spontaneous Susan she makes my day:) Hug B
ReplyDeleteaw thank you B - hugz back to you :D)
DeleteHello SS
ReplyDeleteNothing like a surprise first thing in the morning lol
Nice to have you back
Take care
Cathy
Yep, it really got this old girl going - that's for sure :D)
DeleteHi Susan, well, well, well! My favorite cup o' Joe! Looks very inviting, in spite of the little surprise you found...at least it was an okay surprise. So good to see you, glad to know you and MD are doing well. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteLol!! At least I'd gotten to drink the coffee before finding the surprise - I think that was a good thing !!?? Anyway, it's the afternoon now and I'm still feeling fine.
DeleteThanks Suzanne :D)
LOL At least you didn't swallow it. What did you think had pooped in your cup? :)
ReplyDeleteSo true, and for that I was so glad. Hmmmm, lol, ok, you're dragging it out of me ....a rat! Yuk,.... there, I've said it. The mind my was telling me it couldn't be but my eyes were saying it was possible but how!!!!! All over in a second though once MD inspected it properly!!
DeleteWell, I'm pleased a rat didn't use your coffee cup as a toilet. :o)
Deleteme too ;D)
DeleteI must be having a bad day, I was sure I posted a comment on your last post but I can't see it. I must have been dreaming or got interrupted. Anyway it is good to have you back and especially a spontaneous Susan.
ReplyDeleteHi Diane, I checked on my email inbox (have comments linked to it) but no, nothing there. Never mind, these little glitches happen, thanks for the thought :D)
DeleteIt's really beaut to be back too - especially with better internet access too. Can't believe how fast everything is !!! Cheers now