Friday, February 28, 2014

Boiled Eggs and Ice Cream

Can't get more specific than that for a title lol !



We'll just keep this little snippet between us - ok ;D)
 
MD and I had settled down in front of telly last night and we both heard a rattling sound.  Thought it was outside.  Ignored it, kept on watching the box... sound kept on, in the end I got up to investigate.
Hah!!  I'd put some eggs on to boil for a light dinner - eggs and salad - and totally forgotten them.
Oh, the joys of oldedom eh!


~~~~~~~/\~~~~~~




Coffee Cream on top of Honeycomb Crunch - oh bliss, oh joy !!

Bye for now ;D) xx

16 comments:

  1. the overcooked eggs would have smelled terrible to me. but that ice cream and cone sounds AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is mint choc chip.btw I misread the title as "boiled ice cream" (!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yum... ice cream mixed with some Baileys Irish Cream is another must-have!
      Funny that, I sometimes misread things too - I used to worry about it but now just accept it and enjoy the chuckle!! Thanks for sharing yours ;D)

      Delete
  3. Stop teasing me with that delicious looking icecream. Hee hee forgot the eggs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, you're a big teaser too Diane - that scrumptious seafood meal on your last post - oh wow! :D)

      Delete
  4. When I read the title you really had me wondering what boiled eggs and icecream would taste like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I've heard of some strange icecream concoctions !! You just never know Joan - someone may like it :O)

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan, well I've done that with boiled eggs and they cracked and the whites popped out-in my mind, they were ruined then. But, the ice cream takes all! And, there's nothing better than coffee ice cream! We did have ice cream last nite with cherry pie...always to die for!

    Hope you are well. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, mine didn't get to that stage. I even let them boil on for a little bit while I got the camera out too!
      Yes, I love coffee ice cream so much - these ones are a bit expensive so they are an occasional treat only and we really keep that up our sleeve for special times :D)
      Ice cream and cherry pie - that would be so delicious .... yum!

      Delete
  6. I had a chuckle, can't tell you how many times I have done something like this. And oh my, it isn't even breakfast time and I am wishing I had that cornet of ice-cream!!! Have a great week Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, lucky they rattle in the saucepan eh Denise!
      Oh, I'm with you ... icecream is a 'whenever' must-eat :D)

      Delete
  7. I bet forgetting you put the eggs on took you back for a moment. We've all done something similar, I'm sure.

    My oh my that ice cream looks delish. Where's mine? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely did Vicki :O)
      Ummm, now I really truly bought you one as well, but when you didn't turn up I was forced to eat it on your behalf. By the way, it WAS delish ;D)

      Delete
  8. let's see....eggs, ice cream, eggs, ice cream?? i'll take ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, loved that you diligently gave the healthy eggs even a thought, but, let's face it - up against ice cream they never really stood a chance now did they!! ;D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx