Fortunately though it's coming slowly enough to flow through the rivers and into the lakes system and out to sea.
Look who I saw just outside our window. Sooky's not happy
Just the weather for some comfort food. Spaghetti Pie
| I collect Pyrex cookware from Op Shops, and recently found theses two dishes. Just the thing for my "one to eat, and one for the freezer" recipes. |
In between showers, I roamed (squished) around the yard yesterday...
| These pretty Correas certainly brightened up the day! |
| I have a real fascination for these beautiful Tribouchina. |
| Our resident tennis player. He endures all weather and doesn't chuck a wobbly when things go wrong! |
Squelching on, forgot to put on my rubber boots - ah well, now that sneakers and socks are saturated, I may as well keep going.
Down to the Orchard now .....
| The Mandarins are beauties - our first crop. |
| MD's grapevines also had their first year. They have endured hailstorms and all manner of bad conditions, however, they continue to thrive. Only 2 more years until we have grapes on the table. |
| Looking through a Grevillia at the grapevines |
Back inside with my supply of fruit ...
| My two pampered succulents. Bought them for $1 each at the Lakes Entrance Markets recently - love a bargain! Will put them outside when the weather is warmer. |
Oh and finally, here's Froggie - I've already shown this pic a long time ago, but he did remind me that HE had the good sense to at least wear a raincoat outside when its wet.
That's it for today.
Keep your tootsies dry to those in this part of the world.
Stay cool for those in the Northern parts!
Cheerio now :D)

You may be getting a lot of rain but it looks like everything is loving it. So many pretties. I'm drooling over your mandarins and lemons!
ReplyDeletethey were definitely lapping up all that water Jill :D)
DeleteEverything looks so pretty, drenched with droplets!! The spaghetti pie looks good and interesting, I love one dish meals!! Nice to see froggy today!!
ReplyDeleteoh yes, one-dish meals are my favourite - nice and easy and made in advance :D)
Deleteyour froggie fellow always makes me laugh. love your blooms and rather jealous of all your good rains. :) i end each of my days with lemons squeezed into a bit of water. :)
ReplyDeletewe are fortunate with all the rain --- everyones' dams are overflowing now. Sunny today so that's a bonus.
Deleteoh, and that spaghetti dinner looked yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteso yummylicious!
DeleteBEAUTIFUL photos, yes that squelchy garden walk does bad things to my slippers - ooops!
ReplyDeleteha ha, sometimes we just get too involved don't we! never mind, they always dry out in the end :D)
DeleteLove the tibouchina in the rain. Great shot. The mandarines and lemons look great too. Go dry your shoes.
ReplyDeletefunny thing Diane, I can never seem to photograph the true depth of the tribouchina's purple colour properly to be fully satisfied, so have decided to stop grizzling and enjoy what I do produce!
DeleteOh Susan you make me smile. Froggy in a raincoat funny.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful I wish we could grow lemons. Wet feet is always worth it while enjoying such lovely views.Incredible shots. hug B
it's such a bonus to be able to pick our own lemons now! Poor Froggy was feeling a bit neglected I think, he kind of just popped in there ;D)
DeleteBeautiful photograph, drops of rain look magically:) Greetings
ReplyDeletethe beauty of raindrops is always a delight!
DeleteHello Ms. Susan, so glad to see Froggy and I love his raincoat! You know, I have a bowl of succulents like the ones your tennis player are guarding-they are just going everywhere in that bowl, and one even bloomed!
ReplyDeleteYour gardens are so beautiful, and the rain, just emphasizes the coolness and freshness of them-I'm so jealous of the mandarins and lemons...they must be just delicious! Can I come for a visit? Haha! I'm too scared to travel very far, but, what beauty you have! I've never seen the likes of blooms you have, tribouchina? So lovely!
Your spaghetti pie looks very good, a great idea to fix ahead!
It's great to see you here again, Susan! Sooky will dry out, and get happy again! And, thanks for the uplifting colors you brought today! See you soon! ♥
those mandarins are getting sweeter as each day goes by... guess I started picking them too soon but, hey, it's still vitamin c isn't it!
DeleteGlad you enjoyed seeing through our garden :D)
That is one wet bird. But your orchard and garden looks beautiful and colourful in the rain.
ReplyDeleteI could swear that Sooky wants to come inside!
DeleteOh, poor wee Sooky. Froggie has the right idea. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so envious of of your wonderful citrus bounty. Amazing that you got so much fruit in your first crop. You must have the magic touch.
Isn't that Tribouchina flower magnificent. Magnificent and fascinating.
Stay dry!
lol, it's MD's magic touch... in fact he pampers his orchard dwellers - they've enjoyed feasting on chook poo pellets for the past month ;D)
DeleteI've really appreciated everyones' visits and generous comments.
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to take photos and share them on the blog - thank you muchly :D)
It's lovely and colourful from all the rain no doubt.... our yard is looking great too..... sadly for a lot of the city and outlying areas.... way to much rain over the past weeks and now the flooding...... it's pretty much a disaster zone. I get up every day and say how thankful I am that we bought on a high ground area....
ReplyDeleteHi Vee, thanks for your comment. It's awful when the rain gets out of hand like it has in your part of the world.
Deletecan Madarins be used for marmalade? Would you have enough?
ReplyDeleteYes, I think they probably could but (ha ha) by the time I've finished with them, there just wouldn't be enough left to make into marmalade.
DeleteI adore eating them straight from the tree ;D)
Am envious of your rain. We are in drought her in central Vic. I have had to water the veggie garden again this week. Love the photos.
ReplyDeleteHi Alan and Welcome to my blog. I've long been an admirer of your photos so I appreciate your comment about mine :D)
DeleteSending up some excess water for your garden ... yoiks! Having to water in Winter - that's just not on :O