Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bits of this n that and some messing around with paints too

Hi there,
Jumping right in and getting this post done.  Been away too long and find I'm questioning everything I write, so shall stop phaffing around and get on with it!

Here's a few pics of what's been happening in and around my neck of the woods.

Spied this pot of Eyelashes Begonia at the Paynesville Craft Shop
- just had to have it, so cute!

here's a close-up of a baby one

I still can't decide where to keep it, so it's on the kitchen windowsill
sometimes, and in the lounge at others.

(This photo reveals my dislike of cleaning windows.... they have to take their turn - I'm a Sometimes Window Cleaner as well!!)



Having a go at Monet's style.

I have no pretensions about my art abilities but I've finally found a hobby,
 in addition to photography, that I thoroughly enjoy.
Once it "clicked" that I have nothing to prove and everything to gain by
freeing up my inner critic, it all started to happen!

This is "Sooky" our friendly Little Wattlebird

The "Little Wattlebirds" are different to the Red Wattlebirds who are not inclined to have anything to do with humans other than to "clack" at them.

Sooky likes to fly in for a visit when we sit on the verandah of a morning.

That basket of Candy Bell Fushchias are so so tiny, but Sooky's littl tongue finds a spot of nectar in
each little bloom.  Delightful!


Cheerio for now, thanks for visiting.
Susan :D)

34 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures! I quite like your artwork...especially the Monet style as he is a fav of me!

    I'm so glad to be back. I have NO idea how I wasn't following you any longer. But I'm here to stay now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, lovely to have your comments - thanks for visiting :D)

      Delete
  2. Oh Susan your paintings are incredible I LOVE them you are truly a painter. I have missed you but I just knew you were creating masterpieces and I was right. Keep up the good work as they say:) HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou B, and for your kind words. Yes, you were right... I've been having lots of fun with my brushes! No stopping me now ;D)

      Delete
  3. So nice to see you again Susan -- and I think it's awesome you've found your muse in painting. :)

    Love your little garden spot -- it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see you Nancy, I've not been over your way for a while. Thank you for your visit and, yes, my little garden spot is lovely... very inspiring too :D)

      Delete
  4. so good to see you visit, then even better to see your post! i like your little brick work in the garden area - love your sweet sooky friend! the eyelash plant is very interesting! hope it does well for you. but i LOVE that you are painting! gosh, i love that. when you can find joy in releasing something inside of you, that is living... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to have you pop over here Theresa, and thank you for your comments.
      I'm totally thrilled to be enjoying painting as much as I do and, yes, it's quite uplifting to realise what inner freedom it brings once those self-imposed constraints are gone!

      Delete
  5. i like it better when you are "always a blogger"!! your paintings are beautiful and colorful. art takes on a whole new meaning when it is at your own hand!!

    a nice variety of images today, my favorite, your little sooky visitor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Debbie thank you! I ended up being away longer than I intended this time. Lovely to be back :D)
      I really appreciate your kind comments about my paintings - I get a real kick out of sharing them too.
      Poor Sooky will be a bit bedraggled at the moment, it's been raining for a few days now and is forecast for another 7, so no sitting out on the verandah for us for a while.

      Delete
  6. I'm impressed! I really have no artistic ability but it is fun to make a colorful mess. And that begonia is so odd looking it is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, that's cool thank you!
      It's definitely great fun to dabble in paints. Keep enjoying making your colourful art - because that's what it is... I hope you share some more on your blog when you're ready. Thanks for your visit :D)

      Delete
  7. Your 'this and that' post is great Susan and I love your art and your creativity also in your brickwork. Lovely photos all of them, you've definitely given us a sweet collection of shots.

    Wishing you a great day,
    Denise
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Denise - most appreciated :D) Those left over bricks have finally found a home... they floated (well, not literally lol) around the yard fulfilling many needs!

      Delete
  8. I love your shadehouse with the bricks and firepit. You really have a lot of gorgeous plants. You have much friendlier birds at your house than we have...oh, they like us, but don't stick around for portraits like yours do. That's a sweet little wattlebird, and a cute name 'Sooky'!

    Your fall photo is wonderful...oh, so refreshing at a glance, and the eyelash begonia is stunning-I have never seen one. I will have to start looking around for one.

    You've done so well with your painting, the florals are so soft and flowing. Gorgeous George is simply gorgeous. I love how you've displayed them on your sidebar. Your posts are so refreshing...this is such a treat! I was really pleased to hear from you, I'm glad we can stay in touch. Stay warm, hugs to you and M.D.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, we like the same type of plants don't we ... if you were nearer I'd be sending cuttings :D) I'm amazed at the rate that begonia is growing too.
      Sooky was named because we used to see this little bird sitting across from us on the Protea, just staring, when all the other birds were getting on with their activities. It seemed to be sickly we thought at first, but it became a daily thing and I decided to look up my bird book. It was there I found a description of this particular type of Wattlebird and it's tendency to friendliness; and so it went. We are lucky indeed.
      Thanks for popping over and, as always, lovely to have you here :D)

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for visiting. It was important to me.

    Love your photos....and the painting: he's an artist!
    Love
    BShell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Blueshell, it's always beaut to see what's happening over in your part of the world too.
      Thank you kindly for your comments :D)

      Delete
  10. Your life in pictures! :D

    I love your paintings. The windows can wait: creative pursuits are far more important, not to mention satisfying.

    What a cutiepie Sooky is. Sadly, we only have the Red Wattlebird here.

    Adore your banner image. Such a gorgeous garden.

    Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, and thank you - practically everything else in life is far more interesting than clean windows eh!!
      Hope you're enjoying your weekend, and I do appreciate your kind words. as always.
      Watch out for those bovines!
      Cheers! :D)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful photographs, miraculously you are portraying details:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ZielonaMila, you are very kind. Greetings to you too :D)

      Delete
  12. It is good to see you are alive and kicking. That hobby will keep you very busy but yu can incorporate it with blogging like in this post. The tree is super. Sooky is a a sweetie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, yes, you're quite right, I shall incorporate both my love of photography and now painting into my blogging. I needed this initial period to really get stuck in and try my hand so to speak. Good to be back, 'sometimes', but not 'rarely' shall we say ;D)
      I do appreciate your visit and thoroughly enjoy viewing your latest travels up North - fantastic! :D)

      Delete
  13. Well, good for you, painting and loving it!! It's just like any other endeavour... if we try it and like it....that's all that counts really.... and sharing it with other crafters and artists...well, better yet.... we can all appreciate your efforts for sure.

    Awww..how cute, having your own little wild birdie friend..... aren't birds beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Vee - couldn't be righter ... lol!

      Glad you liked seeing our cute little friendly bird too. Amazing isn't how such little creatures can create such joy :D)

      Cheers now

      Delete
  14. You are so talented! In art and in the shade yard! Outstanding really!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    ¸.•°❤❤⊱彡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda and thank you - I loved sharing it all with everyone too :D)
      Hugs to Fuzzy and Boomer ;D)

      Delete
  15. Hi Susan, Good to see you keeping busy with your Art. Love the shade house & firepit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to catch up with you too Vi, thank you for your visit :D)

      Delete
  16. Ola querida Susan,quanto tempo não nos visitamos..... Teu espaço esta cada vez mais lindo,e tuas pinturas muito bonitas.Meus cumprimentos e um grande e saudoso abraço.SU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzane, yes, I have taken a while to get over to your blog ... will do so real soon. I appreciate your visits very much.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  17. Hey Susan, I love Sooky, so nice to have a little interaction with the birdlife.
    So nice to find an interest that really sparks your creativity. Your paintings are wonderful, keep at it. It's so nice to to have to prove anything to anyone and really do it for your own enjoyment.
    Shade house is looking good, but not sure if you're going to get much use from the firepit at the moment. Listening to the ABC yesterday and the weather bureau were saying it's going to be a wet Winter.Hope you haven't been washed out down there.
    Enjoy the sun while it's shining.......

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire and Hi! It's been wonderful spending a bit of time creatively. I'm finding my love of photography and now painting interact quite beautifully.
      Lots more rain, yes, the sun is shining today so will enjoy it. You too up there!

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx