Monday, November 12, 2012

Catchup


Hi there, I've been off having fun with paints (see sidebar for some of my dabblings), and photos of late.  

Now that I have new glasses and can actually see properly, have been indulging in some macro photography - oh my goodness, not enough hours in the day sometimes.  Of course, it would help if I got up earlier in the morning, but, there you go ;D)

Here's a little sprinkling of the macro.... 



Calistemon




Rose






Poor Fly in Cobweb



Have a bit more on another subject, so will do a second post.

Have a good week everyone. 


26 comments:

  1. the fly in the cobweb was amusing! so often the macros are the pretty flowers and stamens. you caught me by surprise with that and i liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Theresa... I really liked how the fly came out, your words have inspired me to look for the unusual :D)

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan. Your macro is really fascinating! The Calistemon is something else! You can actually see a dripping, and I love the colors. You're right...poor fly! I think you've got something special there Susan! What a fun hobby, plus, you're learning so much about art! I love your paintings...will love to see more. Have a colorful week, will see you soon!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Susan - isn't it incredible when we can see close up how a flower is constructed... such a work of art (the flower I mean!). I appreciate your comments and, yes, I'm totally enjoying my hobbies. The garden and it's weeding requirements is feeling a bit neglected of late but so it goes :D)

      Delete
  3. How clever! Amazing photos Susan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these photos are great Susan. Your paintings are awesome, I am truly impressed I can see why you don't have time to blog. Nice work. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much B, that's kind of you to say and, yes, I get totally wrapped up in what I'm doing I end up too tired for the computer... happily tired though :D)

      Delete
  5. First time in ages I've been on Blogger and just had to come and see what you've been up to. Wow, Sue! I am SO impressed, both with your artwork and your photography! As Buttons says, it's no wonder you no longer find the time to blog. You are doing amazingly :)
    Big hug xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see you pop back again Desiree! It's always fun catching up with everyone after being away for a while isn't it.
      Thank you for those comments too, they're really appreciated.
      I hope you're enjoying life and all your activities too. Cheers :D)

      Delete
  6. The macros are great but I do so adore the swan family in your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, ah yes, couldn't resist with the swan family - they're adorable aren't they... glad you enjoy them :D)

      Delete
  7. Oh Susan! I'm so impressed (and a bit embarrassed)! I tried to enlarge the paintings but couldn't :(

    I haven't had a bit of creativity lately but my next little project is to try and paint something recognizable. I haven't even tried acrylics yet. Aren't watercolors fun but challenging? I'm thinking I need to do some pencil sketch then paint over it.

    Keep going girl! I love seeing your inner artist step out into the limelight!

    Maybe I'll try the poor fly caught in the cobweb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary - beaut to read your comments, thank you :D)
      Yes watercolours are fun - I did the sunflower from watching a youtube video... hundreds available and so helpful. Sketching and then painting over it works well from what I've seen.
      I love using acrylics too because they dry quickly and can be painted over and over if need be (as I often do!). Can't get the hang of oils - yet!
      You keep going with your art Mary - it opens up a whole new world doesn't it :D)

      Delete
    2. Yes it does! I thought I would dive into it without any istruction at all and it shows! But I like the discovery and I like the way it makes me feel inside. You know, like Vanessa who just heard sound (if you read that post). I have some new "pictures" that I'll share soon. One my partner says looks like an abstract of Uno pooping. Thanks dear! ;)

      Delete
    3. I agree totally Mary, it is a beaut feeling and the freedom of putting whatever you like down on paper, canvas, board or whatever is priceless. Wish I'd started years ago... but I realise now the only thing that held me back was me! Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  8. i LOVE macros!! addicting, eh?? yours are great susan!! i love the poor little tangled fly.

    awesome paintings too!! keep doing what you love...
    have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, totally addicting .... hours go by and I find I'm still crouched over one little subject! Definitely good fun though. Appreciate your visit and comments as always Laura. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  9. The macros are great especially the calistermom. Your art is pretty hot too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Macro photography is a great go-to when nature colors otherwise take a hiatus. Love your painting -- and happy you can see again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful macro's, did you get a new lens or just get the "macro itch"??

    i really love the sunflower watercolor in your sidebar, that's just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, MD had bought me some new lenses a while ago but I found it too hard to focus (not realising that my sight was wonky)... a change of Optometrist (go to one who actually Cares now), a pair of proper glasses and so gave it another try! Success!
      Thanks re my painting - I am truly rapt in this new hobby :D)

      Delete
  12. Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Your sidebar paintings don't enlarge when you click on them. They look awesome thumbnail size, but I bet they look even better larger. :)

    Love your macro shots, too, Susan. I especially like the fly in the web.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Vicki - I felt they'd add a little bit of sidebar interest.
      That fly in the web was my first shot with the new glasses too :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx