Had a kindly nudge from Debbie over at
Its All About Purple to do an update, and it was just what I needed to get me kick started again!
Ok, here goes - no mind blowing thoughts or huge decisions being made... just popping my hand into my grab bag of endless photos ...
 |
Started out on a walk around the block last Saturday and passed Mrs Goat who I'd just woken up. |
 |
| Saw these pretties further up the road |
 |
| Whew! This was the last uphill section ... (looking back on where I'd been). |
 |
| On the downhill run now .... met up with this friendly pair who were all set for a pat or two. |
 |
... and, just before home, a cheeky little peek into a neighbour's yard. I love her bush clothesline. Felt quite virtuous after such a healthy walk! |
Sunday, we went for a drive....
 |
... and ended up at Metung. Look what we found frolicking in the water |
+Seal.jpg) |
| For ages he splashed and dived. It was so hard to get a proper shot, but managed this one just by chance. |
 |
| Right behind us was a Mumma Swan exercising her new babies - this year's hatchings. |
 |
| Someone else was out 'taking it easy' on Sunday too! |
 |
I took this shot a few months ago, in the same area as these others at Metung. That soft light of dusk is always a favourite time for me. |
Cheers for now :D)
The trumpets are lovely, and that last shot - WOW - gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHad never seen those flowers before around here.
DeleteThat sunset shot is a definite favourite... so I appreciate your 'wow' - thanks Tammy :D)
These are all beautiful Susan. Love the seal...what a fabulous thing to see with your own eyes! And, Mrs. Goat looked perfectly healthy.
ReplyDeleteI can see why you loved the soft light of dusk...what a beautiful sight. And, the horses with their manes blowing in the wind. Your countryside is so breathtaking. Hope you're doing well, so good to see you.
Oh, by the way. I'm working on my window sharing post, to display favorite window photos. I do have some photos I've received from bloggers, and, would love it if you could send me one of your window photos...you know, with froggie there! Haha. But, I would love to have one if you can. And, fond memories of last year's Mumma Swan! Have a good week, hugs to you and M.D.♥
Appreciated your comments Susan, thank you. Yes, we were quite surprised to see the seal - thought it was a dolphin at first. It was quite a distance away unfortunately.
DeleteCouldn't resist another Swan photo or two!! Those cygnets are so cute.
Will email you re window shot, sounds like it went missing ... looking forward to your post :D)
seeing your blooms and swan cygnets for spring as we're heading into fall is so refreshing! love those trumpet/tube flowers! wow!
ReplyDeleteYeah your back. Love the mama swan back and the seal is very very cool.
ReplyDeleteLove the neighbours bush clothes line too I hope she is OK with us peeking:)
I adore your photos and am glad you took us for a tour. B
Well that was a just plain lovely walk ... glad I could see it without the exercise.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely lot of photos of some beautiful countryside Susan. Love the pic of the seal!
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous, as usual Susan. I particularly liked the 1st pink flower pic and the seal and the swans.
ReplyDeletebeautiful pictures susan! the flowers, the frolicking seal, the swan & her swanettes...OH and the scenery...the cloud cover...so peaceful!!!! thanks!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the walk in the country. You see a wide variety of animals and landscapes. Just love the last photo. Excellent!
ReplyDeleteWoW susan, what a beautiful entry!! you live in such an amazing place and see so many beautiful and interesting things!!
ReplyDeletei think the seal/sea lion was my favorite moment but seeing mumma swan again also made me swoon. also thinking about our long, wonderful swan journey last year!!
those tube flowers are gorgeous and that sky, wow, it's breathing!! xo
I love a bush clothesline too! Great photos, and mrs goat looked so comfortable
ReplyDeleteHi Susan, I enjoyed the walk with you. That last pic was unreal. You could nearly walk into it.
ReplyDeleteLife sometimes gets in the way of blogging and sometimes I feel I have nothing to blog about. It's just the usual round of chores and looking after the house. I'm sure we all get into a 'slump' now and again. Sue
Nossa minha querida amiga,tuas fotos são fantásticas e muito bem escolhidas.Meus sinceros parabéns.Gostaria da tua opinião na minha foto da postagem que fiz hoje,acho que vais te divertir bastante.Um grande abraço e uma ótima semana.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see Momma swan again! She has such handsome babies too. Your last picture is stellar. Simply stellar. It deserves its own post. Oh, and thank you for putting your stamp in such an inobtrusive way. I find it irritating that some people stamp it so it interferes with the enjoyment of the picture.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photographs, a superb view. I am greeting
ReplyDeleteWow .... that water shot is amazing Susan....so still ....and how I love reflections.... a beautiful walk...thanks....
ReplyDeletegreat photos Susan - and that bottom one in Metung is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are enjoying your walks.
Loved all the photos, but the one that had me going all gooey was the one of mama swan and her cygnets. Just adorable.
ReplyDeleteGreat place you have to walk there. Enjoy. :)
A great collection of photos. The goat was my favorite, although the wonderful reflections came a close second.
ReplyDelete