Now, I'm a pretty unreliable linker-upper as I kind of forget ... or get my nose stuck in a good book (thanks Vicki!!), however, today I've remembered and - yay - the theme is BLUE and I happen to have just the thing.
The blue tail of this gorgeously gorgeous little Wren. Enjoy the tiny, delicate, cuteness:
![]() |
| "I'm so pretty" |
![]() |
| "Pretty from this side too" |
![]() |
| "Here, have a look at the back of me ... still pretty" |
![]() |
| "Bet you haven't got those smart white flecks on the back of your tail ! " |
![]() |
| "Ok time's up .... I'm outta here" |
Have a look at the rest of the BLUES over at Sister Sun blogspot
... and if you're in the mood for reading stories that will knock your socks off (in a mysteriously, thrilling kind of way), hop over to Vicki Tyley's blogspot ... she writes them as well as reviews them.
Cheers and, as always, thanks for your visit :D)
+(800x534).jpg)
+(800x535).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
Awww... darling wee wren. And I love the King Parrot in your header.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the plug, too! :)
thanks Vicki... such a darling wee wren indeed. There were lots of them flitting around us - couldn't believe our luck at seeing so many.
DeleteThe King Parrot comes over with her mate begging for food now that B-next-door isn't there to feed them. I only give them just a tiny bit of seed though, in exchange for allowing me to take their photos. I don't encourage them too much because then they get too cosy and like to sit on my wicker chairs and end up leaving some "calling cards" splattered all over them :O)
I've given up worrying about calling cards. The wrens, especially, love to sit and poo on the outdoor furniture.
DeleteYou'd be shocked if you knew how much seed we went through the last time we stayed at Gipsy Point. Mind you, there were 20+ King Parrots knocking on the window. :)
LOL, oh you're more patient than I Vicki ... I'm sure the birds take turns to kak on my wicker chairs and then sit back on the nearest branch and take bets on how long it'll take me to find out ;D)
DeleteI bet the Gipsy Point King Parrots just loved the two of you - it's a wonder they didn't follow you home!!
Don't worry, Alan has already given me instructions for our next visit. Feed the birds on the grass not at the breakfast table:
DeleteCrimson Rosella (Gipsy Point VIC)
(I have to admit that hand-feeding the parrots every day was one of the highlights of our holiday, It doesn't take much. :))
oh I'm sure you'll get around that little instruction - ha ha ;D)
DeleteThanks for the link too - you really tamed that Rosella :D)
The bird whisperer strikes again. Gorgeous pics, Susan.
ReplyDeleteaw, thanks Deb - much appreciated! So easy when confronted with little posers ;D)
DeleteWhat an adorable bird!
ReplyDeletethanks Theresa - I never realised how cute their tails were either :D)
DeleteOH ! That wren is adorable!
ReplyDeleteHello Becky and a first time Welcome to my blog :D)
DeleteI've never had much luck capturing the flighty little wren, so kind of held my breath as I took these pictures ... hoping they'd come out and not be blurry!
Hi Susan,
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photos you have shared with us today.
I love that cute little fella!
Happy Monday
x Fiona
Hi Fiona, thank you and I'm so glad you also love little wren - those little stick legs just get me :D)
DeleteSuch wonderful shots of the little wren! and I love the captions too :-)
ReplyDeletethanks Maria, lol, I can never resist adding the captions - just a hopeless chatterer ;D)
DeleteWhat a little cutie! All set for the runway.
ReplyDeleteoh yes Jill... it does look like he/she's about to take off :D)
DeleteThe little wren is Darling! I loved your captions!!!
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
thanks Linda, they're such tiny little birds but full of life. Glad you enjoyed the post :D)
Deleteooohhh you know how big my smile is!!! a cutie, putie for sure!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE that new header...WoW!!!
lol, I think your smile is as big as mine was when I was photographing them. Oh yes, such a cutie :D)
DeleteThe King Parrots let us get quite close to them... on the promise of bribes of course ;D)
I love the green parrot. (type?) and the little beach bird. So cute.
ReplyDeletethanks Mary, she is a King Parrot - her mate has a red head and chest and they're so tame... and very gentle. Most King Parrots we've seen aren't too scared of humans it seems :D)
DeleteI just adore blue wrens, we get them at our house, pretty flighty to get photos of. Well done! Might be this species - immature male or male without breeding plumage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superb_Fairywren
ReplyDeletethanks for dropping by Kirsty, and Welcome to my blog. I appreciate the link also :D)
DeleteI don't dare show our house wrens these images, they will get an inferiority complex! Adorable little bird.
ReplyDeleteha ha, love it... they're all adorable aren't they :D)
Deletethat's a BEAUTIFUL blue tail!!
ReplyDeletelove your header picture susan!!
I agree Laura - love them. Thanks re the header too... they're very friendly parrots :D)
DeleteI love blue wrens and king parrots and rosellas and the yellow robin I saw in the garden today when I was doing some gardening for the first time in ages ... the list could go on.
ReplyDelete