Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Serenity - Clydesdales, I think


I have no idea really if these are Clydesdales but they kind of look like they are.  Good enough for me.

They all just stood there and looked back at me.
I got a bit twitchy, thinking that I wish they'd move so I could take some more photos.
No, it wasn't going to happen.
A little lesson in life there I reckon - slow down and just enjoy the moment!




41 comments:

  1. Looks like the big white hairy feet of a Clydesdale. They are whoppers aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb, it was their hairy chins and feet that caught my eye :D)

      Delete
  2. what a great photo! i like the '3 billy goats gruff' routine, until they throw in the 4th player. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there were even a few more in the paddock and they also stood and stared... I don't inspire horses :O)

      Delete
  3. What magnificent looking horses; they sure look like Clydesdales :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, truly magnificent - and I can see how they'd make pulling something easy work :D)

      Delete
  4. i like that shorter stockier one to the far right...
    GREAT shot. horses sure are beautiful creatures...but personally, i'm a bit intimidated by them. such BIG heads...and teeth...i've only been on a horses back once...and that was enough. i'll admire them at a distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he definitely had that "just out of bed" look Laura!!

      Delete
  5. They are so handsome and strong. Adore them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours of this group too :D)

      Delete
  6. Oh this is a beautiful shot. I love them and I have no idea if they are Clydesdales I thought I knew what they looked like but I guess I really do not have a clue. Oh well I still love this shot. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so surprised they did not approach you!! i am a horse lover (that means i stop for all roadside horses) and they ALWAYS galop to the fence. this is a wonderful picture!!

    i don't know if they are clydesdales, i just know they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too Debbie - they all looked too tired to be bothered with me. LOL, I even made little noises to attract their attention when I took the photos - that works with some animals... guess they just thought I was a crazy lady and they should stay back ;D)

      Delete
  8. i also adore the header!! pet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie, not really a pet but she and her mate visit out verandah regularly... I exchange seed for photos :D)

      Delete
  9. A very good photo! They could be Percheron also!


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they could be too Linda ... I happened to recognise that breed Percheron when you mentioned it - one of our Granddaughters has Horsopoly of which I've played a few games :D)

      Delete
  10. Susan, so beautiful. You called it...Serenity. Horses are quite soothing in their own special way. Great pic you snapped of them :>) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cherri - yes, they are and I love taking photos of them :D)

      Delete
  11. Hi Susan, your horses are beautiful! I think you could be right, Clydesdales are beefier than regular horses, and they look pretty stocky in your photo. But, you're right...just enjoy the moment. Funny they wouldn't move for you. I guess they just thought, "Whatever, lady!" It was so good to see you, hope you and M.D. are doing well. Have a wonderful week!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking we've all pretty much identified them eh Susan! Yes, I reckon that's exactly what they were thinking too lol ;D)

      Delete
  12. If they are not...at least I think what you say is correct..work horses. So pretty stocky, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Mary, no pretensions of show ponies about those fellows ;D)

      Delete
  13. They look like Clysdales to me but what would I know about horses other than they are nice to photograph. These look very interested in you, did you have a carrot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Diane, I reckon a carrot may have created a bit of movement but sadly I was lacking in that department ;D)

      Delete
  14. This specie of horse looks beautiful! They look smaller than the average and as though they have been fed recently.

    Have a great week Ms Susan :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Farida, that's a good thought ... they'd just had a feed and had no need, or incentive, to move !

      Delete
  15. What a lovely sight. I love to see those horses at work, not that you often do but I believe sometimes they are used in small scale woodland management and organic farming. Your photo is a beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jenny, yes, it's a rare sight to see them working these days. I do believe they hold competitions with working horses in Tasmania.

      Delete
  16. Aren't they wonderful horses... except when they stand on your foot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello !!!

    It is nice to hear from you today! I missed this current post some how. Sometimes Blogger doesn't always show current posts. errrrr. I missed it. Lovely horses. Horse frighten me somewhat -- I respect them tremendously. I was around horses when I was very young. They seem gigantic to me then and now they still are huge animals. My little schnauzer is all I can handle.

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renae, yep we're often at the mercy of Blogger's little hiccups now and then. We all catch up eventually though ... and that's the main thing.
      Some of these horses were quite large indeed and, yes, they are lovely. I'm not into riding either (leave that to our clever Granddaughters), however, I do enjoy photographing them - where I'm behind a fence ;D)

      Delete
  18. Or maybe keep a couple of cubes of sugar in your pocket or a nice tasty apple ;) That's a lovely photo Susan, they're beautiful animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good idea Denise! Sounds like you travel around equipped for the odd horse or two or three ;D)

      Delete
  19. Ola minha querida Susan,Que beleza esta fotografia destes lindíssimos cavalos.Que sorte a tua de te-los visto assim de perto.E grande sorte terás por ter recebido a visita de tão mimoso periquito em tua varanda[ouvi dizer que são portadores de felicidade,tanto quanto os trevos de quatro folhas].Ès uma excelente fotógrafa,meus parabéns.Tenhas um belo domingo e deixo aqui meu grande abraço com saudades,....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a google translation of Suzane's comment: "Hello my dear Susan, What a beauty this photograph of your beautiful cavalos.Que lucky to have them seen thus perto.E you have great luck to have been visited so dainty parakeet in your balcony [I heard that they are carriers of happiness as much as four-leaf clovers]. are an excellent photographer, my parabéns.Tenhas a beautiful Sunday and I leave here I miss big hug, ...."

      Hi Suze, thank you for your visit and I am glad you enjoyed the photograph. We are lucky indeed to be visited by the parrots and for their co-operation in allowing me to photograph them too :D)

      Delete
  20. Thank you Susan! Yes thats the only thing I ever make. I AM NOT A COOK. Have you read my 'NUTSHELL' on my pages? Mud pies - yes my grandma taught me well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are huge and look like Clydesdales. Magnificent animals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like they are, with the expection of the small one which looks like a shetland.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx