Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I am definitely not a robot

Oh dear, I've just been trying to post a comment on a blogfriend's post, and this came up, asking me to type in the 2 words ... what?  TWO words - Blogger has got to be kidding. I copied the image... have a look:



.... I haven't altered the image in any way.  How on earth am I to know what that first word is ?? I know I need new glasses but !!

I also know I'm only an occasional visitor to blogs, but having to spend ages trying to post a comment under these circumstances, sometimes makes me just go away.

Please, if you have Word Verification on your blog, perhaps you may re-consider because I have a feeling it's not just me who gets a bit frustrated at this stupid device!  (Phew, got that one off your chest didn't you Susan!!).


If this helps, here is a quick way to get rid of it.....


To turn off comment verification, go into Settings, then into Posts and comments  (I have copy and pasted the 'Comments' page below).


Scroll down to "Show word verification?" and select the "No" option.


If you have trouble with spammers etc, there is still the "Comment Moderation?" option.  It doesn't put commenters through these impossible and annoying hoops :D)





Comments



Cheers, Susan :D)



22 comments:

  1. made me laugh! i detest word verification! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (truthfully) have gone back and forth on that issue. But I have decided that if I have a problem, I delete their post... hahaha. Love your diplomacy. and ... thanks for liking my new blog style. I'm really into the turquoise and yellow combo lately. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and if there's a problem there's provision to report them as spam :D)

      Delete
  3. Haaha I just do the method at hand..but I think that example was made by a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a real problem Susan. I reluctantly brought back word verification after I had an 'avalanche' of spam. I put up with it (spam) for weeks and then decided I'd had enough and put word verification again. Spam stopped completely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely "hate" word verification....even if I love the writing on a blog I will not torture my eye sight to figure those darn words out..totally agree it is not necessary as they now have "spam" and "delete" implemented into blogger...
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously? That's impossible. Did you even manage to leave a comment?

    I must admit when I see a blog with word verification, I groan and think twice about posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have become completely nuts with it, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny Susan you always make me laugh. "I am not a robot" :) and I truly am not a puzzle solver. I must admit I do not comment on to many of those blogs especially if I have tried three times and end up apparently being a robot. :) B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you. Word verification is a pain. There is a little circular arrow that you can click to change the robot's words. I keep hitting that until I find an easy one to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha....i thought that ship sailed a long time ago. then every once in a while, ZAP, there it is.....and i start to sweat. i just typed this very nice comment and now what are the chances i will get the word verification right??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay Ms. Susie--I'm gonna go in and change my settings. lol You got me thinking. If the "crazies" hit again, I'll do the moderator thingie :>)

    Thank you. You always make me laugh and "think" at the same time.

    Many hugs,
    Cherri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine is turned off coz I dislike going through the ordeal of deciphering the letters and jumbled words in other blogger's site. So please do visit me all the time, hihihihi. You won't strain your eyes :P

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spot on Susan! I had taken my word verification off for the same reason...two words!!! That's ridiculous. My comments go to my email for moderation, and, it helps me know who has commented, but the word verification is annoying. Kudos to you for bringing it to attention!

    Have a wonderful week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, would you believe... the 'reply' to each comment isn't working now .... (oh whinge whinge Susan!! - hmmmm perhaps it's time for a nanna nap!)

    Thank you everyone very much for your comments - I'll continue replying here:

    Mary yes, I reckon you're right, suppose I should cool it... guess robots have feelings too!! ;D)
    Maria oh, yes, spammerators are a real pain in the backside at times. I found they seem to come in batches - I reported mine as Spam and that helped :D)
    Blessings I try to keep my blogging within our "Off Peak" time, otherwise our usage $rate soars, the time wasted trying to leave a comment adds up... hence the frustration.
    Vicki totally seriously!! the stupidity of it was what caused my 'dummy-spit' of a post ;D). I love to interact with all the blogs I visit so I closed it and went back in again. However, Diane's suggestion (comment below) is something I didn't realise :D)
    Lea yes, you're right Lea...nutty as a fruitcake!!
    Buttons oh, B, I didn't want to entertain any of those puzzles at all lol! I'm sure that'd make me 'do my narna' (get a bit cross) totally ;D)
    Diane thanks for that suggestion... I hadn't realised that :D)
    Debbie oh wow ... lol... I just went and checked to make sure MY word verification was definitely off - ha ha - you got me going there Debbie ;D)
    Cherri good on you! They seem to prowl/crawl spasmodically. Comment moderation is a good tool if you're getting inundated.
    Farida yes, it works both ways doesn't it. See you soon :D)
    Susan well said! one less annoying thing in life being done away with is good eh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so like to leave a comment to some blog posts of bloggers I follow but find this robot thing annoying & time consuming. My vision is failing. So I just skip & move on. But they are deserving of a comment. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lara, nice to welcome you to my blog! Thanks for your comment and, yes, I agree :D)

      Delete
  16. I have to keep putting word verification back on from time to time....because....I just get so darned many idiotic things on there to moderate and that makes ME crazy! porn, advertising... soliciting...it is never bloody ending...some days it's just easier to go with 'word' instead ... and, if you try to type in whatever it shows when you leave a comment and it is even close some days..it takes it...if not..it just gives you an easier word...no biggy.... I don't go away..... I know why lots of people are using it......

    ReplyDelete
  17. BumbleVee, now that's not fun being bombarded with so much spam Vee - I'd be curious to know if you'd reported them as "spam" to Blogger and, if so, did you get a response?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi again, a P.S. -I also want to thank Vicki for her compliment on our 'This Is The Love' video. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    Have a great weekend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have never had the verification & have never had a problem with spammers. well, only ONCE!

    and the new way they have it...yes, it's REALLY hard to read...very frustrating sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx