Thursday, May 3, 2012

Update on post "lost but at least I am dynamic - huh?"

oh dear... blogger has been threatening that the old interface is going to end soon, so I thought I should change over once and for all and learn the new one - just do it susan!!!

so I did and, as is my nature to go overboard with things at times, I also thought I'd change over to a dynamic view (whatever that was) ... well, I'm in dynamic view now but I don't feel dynamic - I feel LOST ...

UPDATE:  I got myself hopelessly confused trying to do things in the Dynamic view and so have scurried back to my usual Simple Template.  However, I shall persist with the new blogger interface... learn that and then, perhaps, play around with the Dynamic View.


14 comments:

  1. dynamic takes some getting used to, but several blogs i follow uses it, so it's okay by me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given up on the dynamic view unfortunately Theresa, thanks for your support though. I will persist with the new interface but have scurried back to the Simple Template... for the time being anyway!

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness...I'm lost right along with you! I hope I'm "commenting" on the correct blog! lol.
    Hmmm, this might take more than just a learning curve for me to hang of :>) Care to join me over in In Sane? haha
    Cherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall stick to learning one thing at a time Cherri! After all this brainwork, I'm definitely due for a holiday over in Sane, thank you ;D)

      Delete
  3. I like it Susan but I am not sure if I am using it now or not. I am confused also. Learning new things is fun though. :) B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Buttons, you happened to write your comment after I'd reverted to my previous template. I'm a quitter LOL !!

      Delete
  4. Dynamic we can do without. What is it about these computer people changing things that don't need changing. Are they trying to make it so the older generation will just give up in frustration! Well, it's nto going to work, I will NEVER give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I appreciate what you're saying Deb. However, I liked the idea of the way the posts were presented in Dynamic view, saves people clicking on Older Posts... but I couldn't use a header pic anymore (which I like to do). Also, it seems that to bring up the sidebar needs an additional action - sounds minor but we all know it sometimes takes a few tries to bring up a blog so the sidebars will fade away, which would be a shame.
      So, for me, I will learn the new interface (only because the old one is being taken away) but, as I've said previously, I'll forget about being Dynamic ;D)

      Delete
    2. Just checked with blogger--you can keep whatever template you wish to use (thank goodness!). It is the "dashboard" that is going to change. Also, if you want, you can change to various "views" as well on your templates.
      Hope this clears things up.
      Cherri

      Delete
    3. Thanks for that Cherri :D)

      Delete
  5. I did the same as you Susan. Went to dynamic and the reverted back to what I knew. We'll get there ...eventually. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we will Sue ... just takes time with some things :D)

      Delete
  6. I hate when they change things!!! But eventually we learn the new and figure out it is okay. I HOPE!!!


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do believe that change is made for the sake of change! Can only give it a try can't we :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx