Reckon its time for some more letterbox laughs.
We saw this beauty or, bewdy... 'cos I'm indulging in some Aussie Speak (translations available in the Aussie Speak Page, for my overseas bloggerfriends).
![]() |
| Meet a typical Ocker... |
![]() |
| ... and his little mate |
![]() |
| This is where we found them |
Thanks Reidy at # 12
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
that is too cute! i guess that would be something like a redneck here - or maybe a surfer dude. :)
ReplyDeletethanks Theresa... I thought it was cute too - um don't think our Ocker fella would like that description though!!
DeleteOcker and mate at funny...especially where they are perched. Keep up the funny photos. I'll go look up ocker, too.
ReplyDeletehi Mary, glad you enjoyed it :D)
Deletelol! Love it! especially the dog kennel on the side veranda (my brother and his partner have the dog beds on their side veranda) and absolutely love the thongs!
ReplyDeleteha ha the thongs just complete those legs don't they ;D)
DeleteI am sure it makes life less boring for the postman! :)
ReplyDeletedefinitely! :D)
DeleteHow Aussie is that? Fabulous!
ReplyDeletelol... only thing missing is the stubbie holder ;D)
Deleteooh, ooh...I looked up 'ocker', and, your little guy looks the part. But, what a cute mailbox. If I were the postman/person/lady, I would have to have a chuckle everyday as I pass by! Great day to you dear Susan!
ReplyDeletehe's a charmer all right Susan ;D)
DeleteI agree, it's more interesting than the old milk can next to it.
Over here we get around the "postman/person/lady" dilemma by calling them the "Postie" ... lol, that little "ie" we shorten words with comes in real handy at times :D)
oooohhhhh what a fun place to deliver mail!!!
ReplyDeletefree beer too ;D)
DeleteBeautiful photographs, a fantastic postbox. I am greeting
ReplyDeleteit's always beaut to come across fun subjects Zielona... I love looking for them :D)
DeleteI would be delighted to visit my mailbox daily if that was mine :) Take care!
ReplyDeleteme too! :D)
DeleteWell that's adorable!
ReplyDeleteI think Ocker and his mate will be feeling quite famous now! :D)
DeleteSomebody has gone to a lot of trouble to make that letter box, it's wonderful........
ReplyDeleteI love finding rows of letterboxes standing like sentinels by the roadside, each waiting for some mail.
This one would make me smile every time I visited, but I think I would have to wrap a little scarf around that Aussie bloke when Winter arrived, hehe.....
Claire x
Yes, it's nice to see lots of them by the road Claire. In a lot of cases, we'd never know (so many) people were living down a particular road if it weren't for the letterboxes.
DeleteLol, I think Ocker would have his flannies on for Winter ... no worries!
Oooooooooh... I love it! So creative and so Aussie. :)
ReplyDeletelol, Vicki, your photo is definitely saying "ooooooh" too!!
DeleteIts Aussieness just endears you straight away doesn't it!
Susan you always make me laugh. B
ReplyDelete