![]() |
| "Now the situation is this... she's only left out one seed bell and, well, there's two of us" |
"Uh huh... and ???"
"What this means is that I will take care of it and you'll keep watch"
"Getting awful wet out here. How long do I keep watch?"
"... until I tell you otherwise.
Just sit there and look pretty so she can take some photos"
"Okaaay"
"I'm actually doing you a favour. This is hard as rock"
"What the heck has she got in it"
"Still posing - can I come and share some now?"
"Nah... believe me, you've got the easiest job - keep smiling and she'll keep snapping"
+(640x427).jpg)
+(640x427).jpg)
+(480x640).jpg)
+(640x427).jpg)
+(640x427).jpg)
+(640x427).jpg)
+(640x427).jpg)
+(427x640).jpg)
+(640x427).jpg)
Susan, I am in love with these birds! Do you have any idea how very lucky you are to have such exotic beauties in your yard?...yeah, I bet you do :)
ReplyDeleteTammy, yes, I do indeed. Every day when I awake to all the sweet songs, chirruping and even the cratchety sounds - I smile and feel the delight within :D)
DeleteHow lucky are you to have these beautiful birds in your yard. Looks like they are enjoying themselves.
ReplyDeleteLol... they spent hours wrestling with the seed treats - hope their poor little jaws didn't suffer!
Deletei am snickering! such GORGEOUS birds, and your narration was too cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you and, yes, they are gorgeous :D)
DeleteAwwwwww... :)
ReplyDelete:D)
Deletewow...BEAUTIFUL birds!! and i'm so glad you were able to hear their conversation and report it to us!!
ReplyDeleteLol.. I can lip/beak read through the window - how clever is that!!!! ;D)
Deletehaha, well done!! the birds are beautiful!! and i loved your narration, i think you nailed it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie - I took 165 photos in all - ha ha - addicted or what :O) !!
Deletehahhha.... cheeky guy...it must have been the "guy" after all..... doing all the eating and yakking.... poor little beauty just sat there and kept you entertained....
ReplyDeleteI think the greedy one definitely would have a tummy ache!
DeleteOh Susan I am so happy you are back you make me laugh. Awesome photos they are beautiful birds. B
ReplyDeleteMany thanks B... it's lovely to be back too :D)
Deletehi, I'm Renae. I'm here to join your blog! It's just the blog I've been looking for (besides my own) that has relaxing pics and soothing words. After my crazy drive in a rainstorm last night, I have enjoyed staring at your birds this morning. Lovely, lovely, lovely! thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteHi and Welcome Renae. Glad you enjoy my blog - it's a bit of everything.
DeleteOh yes, I had a recent experience of driving crazily in a rainstorm ... if you close your eyes you can pretend it's a fine sunny day - LOL!!
ya -- that advise goes a long way, like into the hospital and specifically the mental wing. LOL INDEED! ...and again, thanks for following me, too.
DeleteWhat are those birds? I'm in love!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary - they're Blue Cheeked Rosellas... I love them too. The striking black markings on the back of their wings are just gorgeous.
DeleteMy photos aren't as clear as I'd like - they were taken through the lounge window and window-cleaning figures very low in my list of priorities!!!
Your talking birds made me fall off my perch...er, chair! Beautiful, colorful, and what a delightful sight. Thank you, Susan!
ReplyDeleteCherri
Ha ha, Dear Cherri - whoah there ... get back up on your per/chair!!
DeleteYou're welcome - those little birds certainly put a smile on our faces don't they. I really enjoy sharing their photos :D)
Beaut birds Susan! And, you write the best stories...the dialogue really goes with your photos. I can't believe that one bird sat and watched and waited so patiently. Love this story!
ReplyDeleteHi Susan, thank you.
DeleteYes and the same thing happened again with another treat I put out. They're like chooks (chickens)I reckon - a definite pecking order ;D)
What a delightful set of photos and text!
ReplyDeleteThank you Maria - I love that you enjoyed them!
DeleteLove it. Great series ❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly for visiting and leaving your comment Alexa :D)
Delete