Monday, April 30, 2012

An omen

Popped into town to get the Sunday papers yesterday.

The only parking space in the whole town was right in front of the bakery.... what's a girl to do -  I mean, that's an omen isn't it.... yep, a definite omen.

I was right, because as soon as I walked in, I saw it.
"What sort of tart is that?" I ask casually.
"Pecan - you'll love it".  Oh, our bakery lady is such a temptress!!


I love to share - so here's a look



It's bottom had even been dunked in chocolate 



Bakery lady was right - I did love it too

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love omens - you just gotta go with them!

      Delete
  2. gotta love them omens! I make a mean pecan pie, ill try drizzling the choc on top and see how that goes down with the troups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love your recipe Angela ... it was the first time I'd ever tasted such a pie!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure the kilos have piled on me just looking at it! Does look mighty delicious. The chic bottom must be to save it going soggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, ha ha, I felt the same... it was Sunday - officially "Treat Day" so no feeling guilty!!

      Delete
  4. Choc bottom not chic bottom, I hate my iPad keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I think you were right the first time Deb... the bottom was pretty chic ;D)

      Delete
  5. oh yeah...an omen for sure! a delicious one not to be missed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, out of all the omens there can be - the delicious kind are right up there ;D)

      Delete
  6. Talk about decadent! But we all deserve a little bit of decadence in our lives, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that looks too yummy! Could use a bit of that right now. I'm running behind on blogging this week, and the new blogger stuff gets me off track with the posts I've missed. Like you say, "What's a girl to do?" Haha. See you soon...hope you're doing well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... a girl can slow down, put her feet up with a nice cup of her favourite coffee and enjoy the weekend over there in Texas.
      Thanks for your lovely visit during your busy time. Cheers! :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx