Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tree lovers do not read this post!

Ok, I've done enough lolling around admiring pretty photos of gorgeous flowers  (as in previous post) ... I'm on a mission.

Got so sick and tired of a certain disease-ridden, floury tasting, peach tree.  Oh sure, it gave a beautiful display of white blossoms once a year but every time I looked out the window at it, I just knew its days were numbered.

The minute my darling MD's back was turned, I into it - with the determination of a mad woman... a woman possessed.  Me and my trusty saw ... look out peachy - here I come - sap will be spilled !













MD commented that I certainly showed that tree who was boss !!





The birds took but 2 minutes to adapt to the new perches with a view.


A few hanging planters, a pretty pink geranium to climb its limbs and a birdfeeder will give peachy a new purpose in life!

Done and dusted - yeah!!

Please note:  the hacking pruning style is purely my own  - one which has taken years to perfect. I would be only too pleased to share my expertise in this field ;D)

51 comments:

  1. And there I was thinking it was only my DH that couldn't be let loose with a pruning saw lol
    Do you think it will shoot again or is it done and dusted completly?
    Take care
    Cathy

    Cathy @ Still Waters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, oh the power of the saw is intoxicating Cathy!
      No, it wouldn't dare to shoot again - it knows only full well what would happen if it did ;D)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you look pretty scary to me, glad you're all those miles away with your chainsaw, I mean saw. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be afraid, be very afraid Jenny... lol!!

      Delete
  3. Love your birdie captions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Deb, it was as though they couldn't wait to get on it. More treats for them in the morning - a "Desiree" nectar feeder and a seed feeder :D)

      Delete
  4. oh, lordy! the hacker attack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boy and didn't I enjoy it too [*big grin]

      Delete
  5. A girl after my own heart! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ... the rest of the trees are shaking in their boots now ;D)

      Delete
  6. Hahahahaha... it's gone! Love the "use" of the wheelbarrow too, it handled the load well ;-). Love G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, hi there G... yep, it took a whole week to build up to it and then there was no stopping me.
      LOL - I had this great idea that the wheelbarrow may take them as a sort of a trolley underneath them ...... nooooo ;D)
      Big hugs and ♥

      Delete
  7. Love your method of madness...you got the job done-and well! Sometimes you just have to do away with them, and the birds don't mind.

    Thank you for your email. I'm so glad you like the video. We still watch it too! Karo doesn't think he sounds so good singing that song, but I loved it! Don't know what's happening to my blog, can't seem to get my new post on the reading list. Duh!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, yep, a woman's gotta do what she's gotta do!
      Hope you have some luck soon with your blog - oh dear, when they play up I have very little patience. Perhaps go prune a few trees instead S!!

      (The video Susan refers to is the one I've placed at the bottom of this page (am still trying to get it on to my sidebar). She put some photos together from my Mumma Swan posts with her husband Karo singing "The Sea of Love" - it was a lovely surprise when we returned from our holiday and I watch it often.)

      Delete
  8. Hi Susan! Oh, I absolutely love your style and I am sure that old tree is going to reward you well. You have the loveliest way of telling stories and MD's photographic captures are priceless, especially the last one of you showing who's boss. I am so pleased to know you were able to refresh your memory with the sugar water mixture by searching through my archives. I hope your birds come calling in large numbers. Your new header is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you Desiree, thank you.
      I've a feeling all the birds will be even happier with the tree. In the morning our "Desiree" nectar feeder goes up, as does a seed tray.

      (For anyone who is interested, I'm going to put a link to Desiree's feeder - it's a beaut design and as a side bonus, her photos of the lucky birds who come to sup at it are incredible. Pop over and enjoy: Feathers of Emerald and Cochineal

      Delete
  9. You certainly showed that tree who was boss :-). What a nice looking perch :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it Lea! Good exercise too :D)

      Delete
  10. A job well done Susan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vi, I felt quite good that I could do it. A few years ago I'd never have thought it would be possible to do such physical work again (severe osteoporosis). I did take it quite carefully even if it doesn't look like it ;D)

      Delete
  11. Should we call you from now on: the "Treeminator"?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ((it's a good thing you can't hear the tree crying out)...oh, bad me...sometimes you just have to do that...cut 'em down. otherwise whatever disease they had might spread to other trees.
    she might come back...sprout branches...and be healthy again!

    and in the meantime...she will do her perch duty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Laura - nah, sorry, didn't listen to the crying and, no, she won't come back. Her new job is to just sit there and support whatever I hang on her. Life's cruel at times, eh! ;D)

      Delete
    2. gosh I sounded mean in that comment... ha ha - see I had turned into a mad woman possessed!!!! Think I must still have a lot of hack..er...pruning left in me :D)

      Delete
  13. Susan I love how you turn such a job into a great adventure. Great job Susan I loved to see you work. The birds do really adapt fast. Awesome pics. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B, and it was great to do the work too. Yes, those birds (being bossy Wattlebirds) were practically elbowing me out of the way to get to those new exposed perches!!

      Delete
  14. You look pretty good at that job. Any chance you can come up here and do some of my trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're on Diane - feed and water me and I'm yours!! :D)

      Delete
  15. looking good!! love the hat!!

    when your done, i could use a hand ;))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 9.10am Tues 20 Mar 2012

      Thanks Debbie - have had that hat for years... ha ha, I think it's the band that's holding it all together!

      Oh boy, yes, of course, I'll lend a hand... I'll pop over your way once I've been to Diane's (prev comment) - wow, my tree hack...er,pruning 'expertise' is sure getting me around the globe :D)

      Delete
  16. I love your hat!!! I do my own work also!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 9.14am Tues 20 March 2012

      Hi Linda ... thank you, it's a little smelly I guess but, and best of all it's comfy!! ;D)

      Delete
  17. Susan the arborist. I'm a tree-lover (especially native) but if it's disease-ridden, it's gotta go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 2.14pm Tues 20 Mar 2012

      Ha ha, I'm really a tree-lover too - but that title sounded nice and dramatic... kinda matched the mood I was in that day ;D) and, yes, peachie definitely had to go!

      Thanks for popping over. Hope you're busily whipping up a new book??

      Delete
  18. No thanks....I've had plenty of experience with a saw of late. I love your header pic too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue and welcome to my blog! I appreciate your comments and thanks for dropping by :D)

      Delete
  19. Hi...you did that by yourself? Wow...you are a brave woman!!!
    Great!
    Hugs from Portugal
    BShell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome BShell :D)
      Thank you for your thoughts and glad you enjoyed the post. That's enough tree pruning for me for a while though ;D)

      Delete
  20. I am a tree-lover, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so Linda! Not all is lost either - I'm having fun re-purposing the remaining limbs :D)

      Delete
  21. A determined gal is a great gal...and life goes on. I'll bet that tree will still give you plenty of pleasure having it's new-found perch for those birds.
    I just did the same thing, sorta, to a quince. The poor thing was invading the deck and simply had to be moved. My dear Man did not want to move the deck...so we do what we must.
    So happy you found me so I could find you. Thanks for visiting. Do come again.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right Dar ;D)
      So glad you found a compromise between your deck and quincey!!

      Delete
  22. Hi...here I am again: thank you for visiting.
    I am trying to visit all my friends. Have a wonderful day, my dear!
    BShell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you visit BlueShell - may your day be great as well. Cheers!

      Delete
  23. Haha that was funny and i think you great!

    Thank you and thank you for your sweet comment
    big hugs
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leontien - hugs back to you too :D)

      Delete
  24. That is one sad tree but I will love to see it with hanging baskets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming along Cathy, thanks, I'm enjoying thinking up uses for it :D)

      Delete
  25. Hi Susan! I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I've missed your posts, always beautiful and full of humor. I hope you are doing well.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I'm doing really great now - thank you for message, it was just the kick-start I needed to get back into blogging. Sometimes, after not blogging for a while it's hard to know where to start... so I just took a running jump! Cheers and all the best to you xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx