Thursday, March 15, 2012

A little quiet time

 I feel the need to dive headlong into the softness and beauty of flowers for a little while - care to join me?












~ Thanks for your company ~ 

37 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Susan. Enjoy. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B, I'm inspired to plant more flowers in my garden once I get a few jobs finished.

      Delete
  2. So breathtaking! What are the blueish/purple flowers called? They remind me of our Bluebonnets here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure of their name Cherri - perhaps someone else may know?
      In the meantime, Bluebonnets sounds such a pretty name and quite apt :D)

      Delete
  3. gorgeous! and i like the statue, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too - her title is "Seated Lady" and she looks to be in a world of her own :D)

      Delete
  4. I enjoy that very much as well, we need softness now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, charming. I always like those pink and white tulips so much, and parrot tulips also (I think that's what the ones with curly leaves are called, isn't it?). It's always amazing to me how almost every flower is beautiful - so much beauty it makes me feel quite dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, not sure about the names but, yes, they are all so beautiful.

      Delete
  6. Breathtakingly beautiful photos Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice you're enjoying them too Maria.

      Delete
  7. Just gorgeous. Flowers would have to be in my top 5 favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I do,thank you :) They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! The more the merrier Tammy :D)

      Delete
  9. oooohhhh susan, these pictures made me smile from ear to ear. gorgeous blooms and vivid colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's real beaut to know Debbie and, yes, those colours just got me too :D)

      Delete
  10. better then the spider web ;)))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking this had to be Floriade. Nowhere does Spring better than they do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow they are beautiful photos and flowers. We will be in Canberra at the time of Floriade. Do you have to buy tickets to see the gardens or can you just wander around ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's free entry into Floriade, through a main gate. The opening hours are Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm, weekends and public holidays 9am to 5.30 pm. Here's a link with more info, especially in regard to Floriade Nightfest - we haven't been to that but have heard it's well worth going.
      Floriade 2012
      Have a great visit Diane :D)

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness! I'm afraid I have to repeat what most of your other readers have said. "Simply Breathtaking!" How beautiful, they sure did brighten my day. Thank You Susan...and lovely to see you here!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I received notification in an email that Susan of KardKornerKrib in Texas had posted a comment on this post. For some reason it won't publish, so here's a copy of it:

    "Oh my goodness! I'm afraid I have to repeat what most of your other readers have said. "Simply Breathtaking!" How beautiful, they sure did brighten my day. Thank You Susan...and lovely to see you here!♥

    Thanks very much Susan ... flowers never fail to brighten a day do they!! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again...I wonder what happened. My internet has been acting up for a couple of days now. It goes on and off. I wrote a new post last nite, but it's not showing on my sidebar either. Thank you for posting my comment. Hmmm, I'll have to check into this!

      Have a lovely weekend Susan!

      Delete
  15. Oh, Susan...how wonderful.....just what a poor, tired, battered, old body needed!!! Thank you for the lovely flowers.... the peaceful water and the beautiful colours... especially the pink tulips and lovely soft pink of the other flowers surrounding them .... sigh.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 11.05am Tues 20 Mar 2012

      That's beaut Vee - so glad you've enjoyed the post. Mmmmm, gorgeous flowers never fail to always be just the right pick-me-ups do they. :D)

      Delete
  16. Truly mesmerising! I have never grown tulips. I've not had success with bulbs in general apart from good old easy peasy freesias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 11.07am Tues 20 Mar 2012

      Thanks very much Desiree - I agree with freesias being so easy peasy - PLUS they give the most intoxicating perfume!!
      Nor have I grown tulips, so it was a delight to see these at Canberra's Floriade :D)

      Delete
  17. Having major league internet connection problems Susan, so apologies have not visited often, but am thrilled made it this time...
    This Posting of Flowers is absolutely, utterly, exquisitely beautiful...
    I feel I am amid them all...

    Better end before can't...
    Truly beautiful Post Susan...
    hugs xxx magda

    PS reported problem... just have to be patient for relevant Towers to be upgraded. I was given option to cancel... so glad didn't... I would have missed this moment I've succeeded in arriving to experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 11.12am Tues 20 Mar 2012

      Hello Magda (and your crew)... no apologies needed - we each visit when we can! So saying that, I was sorry to read about your major internet problems. Very frustrating to say the least - thanks for trying again. I'm so glad you enjoyed my post. Your comments, as always, are very welcome :D)

      Delete
  18. Gorgeous, gorgeous flowers! Isn't nature wonderful? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie time: 2.12pm Tues 20 Mar 2012

      I agree Vicki, what a boring colourless old world it would be without them! Mother nature is the best fashion designer by far :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx