"A bit of housekeeping first ..."
Back in the days when I had to attend various meetings, that statement used to tickle me. Anyway, I wanted to mention a couple of things:
~I've closed my other blogs temporarily. I feel there's nothing worse than a neglected blog floating around in cyberspace - it's always kind of sad. I may do some renovations on them and reinvigorate them, or, perhaps they've just come to their natural end, whatever, but, at the moment, I'm devoid of ideas for them! I'll make a decision later on down the line. In the meantime, I'm enjoying having just this one blog on which to concentrate my efforts.
~I've also taken off that double-word "prove you're not a robot" verification option from my comments section. Some (most) of those verification words are impossible to read - I thought it was just me until I read Robyn's "2012 Through a Camera Lens" comments in her blog (see my sidebar), I too unclicked that option. I shall just use comment moderation from now on - purely to control the spam.
-----------------------------------
Today when I threw back the curtains, there was even more fog around... just had to pick up the camera and capture our backyard with the backdrop of fog (just love the purple splash of colour our trees are making at the moment too).
Took a copy of the movies I'd edited and visited my parents yesterday. They loved seeing them and enjoyed the armchair travel.
Dad is turning 90 soon and loves to make jam, pickles and relishes, so we came home armed with some precious home-mades...
![]() |
| Yummo!! |
Now I'm popping back over to Mae Fah Luang Gardens, and what better way to continue on from my previous post, than with another orchid.....
![]() |
![]() |
| Down the entrance steps |
![]() |
| and looking towards the back of the nursery |
![]() |
| Some funny little fruits I'd never seen before |
![]() |
| Further down into the gardens |
![]() |
| Love how salad greens are always grown in gardens and parks for anyone to take. Food and the sharing of it is very big in Thailand |
![]() |
| A beautiful duck pond |
+(640x427).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
THANK YOU for removing word verification!!! love those cute little alien fruits! :)
ReplyDelete... that's cool - you've been promoting it for a while. It didn't bother me when it was just one easy to read word - but two fuzzy ones... heck!! You must've envisioned what it would all lead too, eh!!
DeleteI never did get around to trying those fruits. Cheers :D)
So many beautiful flowers and photos!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you took off the word verification. It was impossible to read and I sure hate not to leave comments.
Thanks Jill - the gardens are huge. Appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteHello Susan
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy people's travel posts - looking forward to more from your's. Had to laugh at the first photo of the orange fruit as it looked like the sole of a babies foot at first.
Just thought I'd let you know that due to posting issues at Blogger I've moved my blog to a new home (new name also, Cathy @ Still Waters ) a link is below. Would love you to visit some time or another.
I won't be missing any of your posts as I can use my reader to do so.
Take care
Cathy
Cathy @ Still Waters
Hi Cathy and thank you. Lots more to come! Yep, I can see where you get the babies foot. They are strange little things.
DeleteGreat to get the link to your new blog - will pop over there soon :D)
what gorgeous gardens for quiet reflection, i love those soft lavender orchids!!
ReplyDeleteare you susan with the black swan babies who i have missed so much??
There were many lovely little aspects of the gardens for just that - pretty tinkling water effects too. I'm with you on the lavender, so gentle on the eye.
DeleteAw, thank you Debbie, yep, I'm black swan susan!!
The gardens are beautiful...I bet you and MD really loved the duck pond. It all looks so tranquil and peaceful. And delicious looking salad greens. Well, I'm sorry the plant on your header photo is not yours, but it is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI took the word verification off of my blogs, but had no idea when someone commented unless I pulled it up right away. They usually come to my email. And, I've had a few undesirable comments from unknowns that I just don't want on there. It is a royal pain tho, isn't it? I adored your colorful post...see you soon! ♥
Thanks Susan, oh yes we both loved the pond. We loved the whole area, it was such a restful place to wander through.
DeleteYou're right, the unwanted comments are a pain - I seem to get more through emails nowadays... I take delight in hitting the delete button quick smart!!
cheers for now xx
Absolutely beautiful gardens. I agree about the word verification. I wish everyone would scrap it.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Diane, my camera got overheated I used it that much there!!
DeleteSeems it's unanimous re the word verification :D)
I got rid of the word verification this week too! Thank you for the lovely photos Susan; it's wonderful seeing the sights of your holiday.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying the photos Maria - thank you kindly :D)
DeleteYep I got rid of the word verification too. After I turned off the ability for people to make anonymous comments it also turned the tap off the spam. So I have not had to turn on moderation yet. I love your misty garden with its splash of purple.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea Joan Elizabeth, thanks for mentioning it.
DeleteAppreciate your visit too :D)
oh wow the gardens are stunning...so much work must go into them. :-)
ReplyDeleteYummo to your dads homemade pickles, jams and chutneys...I love it when my mum makes preserves..so much better then any bought jar.
What a great idea growing salads to share.
Hi Vi, yes, the work is continuous by many people - they keep themselves so inconspicuous too... lol but I hunted them out :D)
DeleteOoooh yes, we've been eating Dad's homemades - nothing like it, so good.
Love the Mae Fah Luang Gardens photos, but the ones of your back garden and your dad's jam, pickles and relishes are magic. :)
ReplyDelete