Monday, September 19, 2011

Some more bits of this n that

Avocado on toast for brekky.
Hope I don't plant that seed - I have so many avocado trees in the garden, it's not funny!



I like our town's mosaic roundabout.




I always notice this house when we park outside the hardware shop in town. 
The plastic flowers in these pots are usually changed to Daffodils for Spring 
- hope all is ok at No 12.



Peace Doves, Peaceful Doves, Doves for Peace.
Whichever way you say it, it's a good thought isn't it.



So that's why life seems a little fuzzy at times!!



Drying the bok choy for the stir fry - does anyone have a better way?



My Darling,  ticking off another on the list of "Things to be Renovated"
This man deserves a nice chicken roast for lunch!




I love to decorate my kitchen window - it's the frogs' turn this week

19 comments:

  1. Fun! Each picture made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado on toast, never thought about it! wonder what it tastes like. Your man is a gem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is froggie? Surely that isn't him looking o ut the window.

    What is that in the glass. Looks like pods of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your speckled-neck doves are very pretty! :) kudos to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely view you have of the garden from your kitchen window...and such a heartwarming little tableau inside! Your doves are gorgeous with their little speckled neck scarves! We don't have any that look like those, here! Yep, I also get the fuzzy view at times and then it occurs to me to wash my specs! What a difference it makes :) My parents had a huge avo tree when we were young. They are still my favourite meal in one! Aren't you so lucky to boast of several avo trees in your garden! I use paper towel to dry salad leaves after they've been rinsed and spun first. Your method is far better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh would I love to have avocado trees! Love your photos-that one with the eyeglasses made me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photos! And I love avocados! That house is quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, Just catching up with you today. I'm about to get some breakfast and I know what I'll be having this morning! Can you guess? Love the mosaic, isn't it pretty? Maa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Susan and amazing photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the everyday things in your life. Your photos make me miss my camera. LOL
    I have an avocado tree growing in my kitchen I started it from seed. I love them but Canada is not really the place to grow them. B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill, thank you :D)
    Jenny, if you like avocado - you'll love it on toast. I just have it cold. Our Son introduced me to having it that way.
    Mary, lol, no that isn't Froggie... he gets a bit put out when I play with these other frogs, so he was nowhere to be seen ;D)
    That's a cutting of a Correa (Australian Native plant) we found in the bush (you'll see where in my next post). The leaves are rounded, so sort of give a 'pod' look.
    TexWisGirl, yes, thank you - they're lovely quiet little creatures. Don't visit all that often either.
    Desiree, thank you :D) It really isn't suitable to grow avocados here... the frost gets to them. I just got carried away planting the seeds, never thinking they'd all grow. I still hold out hope that perhaps, one day, they might bear fruit!
    Calling Ravens, I love their foliage - great shade trees :D) Why don't you give it a try to grow one? The seed takes a few months to sprout and it's a real strong growing plant... our frosts just burn the youngest leaves a bit, but no lasting damage.
    Lea, thanks. I love the pattern of the metal grille on the door of the house. The little house is surrounded by shops and offices, but, year in and year out, those plastic flowers are there - changed every so often, but, not so often just lately.
    Maa, I'm sure you enjoyed your brekky ;D) I just love anything with mosaics, couldn't resist photographing the roundabout!
    Maria, thank you very much :D)
    Buttons, I bet your avocado tree is going well in the kitchen! They make such a good pot plant too don't they. Hope you get your camera back, all fixed, real soon B :D)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore this mosaic, it's so colourful, cheerful and...pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have a hubby just like yours susan...perfect in every way!!

    i love your kitchen window....i am a "switch it up" kinda girl, more season & holiday themed!!

    have a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've tried to plant so many avocado trees over the years...not ONE has ever made it...

    this was a fun post...love the mosaic roundabout...and the doves and froggie...and your kitchen window...and the fact that the TO DO list is getting a check mark...

    AND your glasses look like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, to have too many avacado trees! I've planted a few in my day, but they never get over 2 feet tall. They get a good start and then fizzle out.

    Beautiful mosaic! Your town is so colorful. Love the photo of your doves Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. DeeBee, yes, I have a real soft spot for mosaics :D)
    Debbie, couldn't have said it better myself!
    Laura, ha ha... I nearly felt too embarrassed to put my glasses pic up - mind you, only 'nearly' lol! Sorry you had avocado failures though.
    Susan, what a shame those avocados wouldn't grow for you either! I don't really think mine will fruit - there'll be a big post if they ever do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your kitchen windowsill
    it is beautifully decorated.

    Avacoda trees must be wonderful to have, unfortunately here in Ireland they wouldn't survive :(

    Loved your photos and your husband sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Avocado in your garden.... you lucky girl.....sigh..... we are lucky to be able to get a few crabapples around here with our short season..... oh, alright a few more things...but, really, I don't even bother planting edible stuff anymore...it is such a disappointment when it doesn't make it to ripening before the snow flies... of course, having said that...this might have been a good year for some things...it is staying hot quite a long time into the fall.... but, then, again...we did have a very late cold and rainy spring..so maybe not....

    ReplyDelete
  19. ~ Thanks for your comments. It's always fun to have more bloggerfriends drop by :D)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx