Love the photo's...also wanted to share that while setting on our porch the other night a hummingbird, swooped up towards us to get to the hanging baskets of flowers right over our heads...Was a surprise..to see! ~~HUGS~~
Lovely little birds with a huge personality. The 3rd shot is brilliant Susan, you managed to capture MrWren showing off! Your posts are always so interesting and different :))
Precious little birds. They're prettier than the ones we see! And this one put on a show for you. Great shots Susan! What fun to capture such beauty-I appreciate it! Oh, and thank you for sharing one of my posts with your readers on your "over the fence" page. Just tell me again-how cool is it in your part of the world? "Wishin and hoping"!
beautiful little wrens!! seems as though the ones you have there have more color to them than the ones here...but then i have to remember, you're in Australia...where there is such a variety of critter-life...bright colors! that last shot is terrific!! and i love how you know just what they're thinking!! :)
Hi there texwisgirl, they're so cute aren't they. This one was photographed on one of our walks in the bush. Yes, the colour is gorgeous - electric!
Debbie, I share your "sweet" spot - birds never cease to fascinate me. I envy you your gorgeous little visitors!
Blessings, oh, how delightful for a hummingbird to come so close to you like that! What a wonderful thing for you to experience ... most especially after that recent tornado. It would have brought with it a nice sense of peace :D)
DeeBee, you're right... they do have such a big personality. I love the little twittering sounds they make too. Quite distinctive. Glad you enjoy the posts :D)
Thanks Susan, and, yes, it was such a joy to come across the wrens (there were a few but I cut my losses and concentrated on just this one). Ah, you want to know about our cool... well it's definitely been a two-dressinggown morning each day this week ;-) Dew on the grass and heavy frosts for the past two mornings. Get well soon won't you, and perhaps take your coffee - iced :D)
Desiree, there's such an infinite variety of gorgeous birds... the wagtails are just splendid as well. They also have that little fidgety busyness about them don't they :D)
Absolutely Angela :D)
Thanks Vi, glad you enjoyed them :D)
Joan Elizabeth, there can never be too many times can there!! What would we do without birds in our world.
Laura, we do have gorgeous varieties. However, there's no accounting for all the different colours and kinds of birds throughout the world. The colours of your woodpecker and cardinals, to name a few, amaze me. Also the bluebirds. Guess we all get used to what we have at home eh ;-) Thanks for your comments about my photos - I'm loving this camera. Ha ha, sometimes I just amaze myself about how I know what they're thinking [*wink*] !!
Mary, I didn't know that the male wren make several nests. The work that goes into them, no wonder they're always on the move!! Oh, and in regard to your comment to my previous post.... I'm keeping a look out on your blog for that picture you thought I'd like too Mary - you've got me real curious now ;-)
Great bird capture! I always get blurrs when I try to photograph birds! And your tree....now that is really cool. I have a rock close by that was carved on in 1903.
Linda http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Hi Linda, thanks for that... you'd laugh if you saw how many I took to get just those ;-) How cool to know about your rock. That's an old carving. I'd be interested to see a photo of it - have you posted one? A big pat to Fuzzy :D)
So cute, Susan. Yes I can imagine you have had to take many shots of these birds. They seem to dart around the place everywhere. I have a few families of willy wag tails at the moment, also very quick and active. Yesterday a family of fairy wrens moved in too....I was pleased as punch! So enjoyable to watch while having my coffee on the front patio. Maa
Maa, how lucky are you having the wren families move in as well as the wagtails. You must have a really save haven for them which is lovely :D)
Jenny, hi there and welcome to the blog, thank you for joining us :D)
Hi Diane, welcome back after your trip away. Lovely to have your comments again :D) Yes, he's such a handsome little creature - not at all modest I expect ;-)
Hi Vicki, they certainly are little darlings. No, still none in our garden ... of course, we know why ---- meow!! They're in the open patches of a bush walk we do in Paynesville. At least we know where to find them. How's your little family of wrens doing?
Our little family of wrens is doing well. The one with the wonky tail is going strong -- she now only has one feather for a tail, but it's not slowing her down at all.
oh my goodness, these are delightful! i love wrens of any kind - so pert and energetic. love the colors of yours!
ReplyDeleteoooohhhh so adorable, i love this!!
ReplyDeleteyou may know that i have a "sweet" spot for birds ;)
thanks so much for all the wonderful, kind comments you leave for me. have a wonderful weekend!!
Love the photo's...also wanted to share that while setting on our porch the other night a hummingbird, swooped up towards us to get to the hanging baskets of flowers right over our heads...Was a surprise..to see!
ReplyDelete~~HUGS~~
Lovely little birds with a huge personality. The 3rd shot is brilliant Susan, you managed to capture MrWren showing off!
ReplyDeleteYour posts are always so interesting and different :))
Precious little birds. They're prettier than the ones we see! And this one put on a show for you. Great shots Susan! What fun to capture such beauty-I appreciate it! Oh, and thank you for sharing one of my posts with your readers on your "over the fence" page. Just tell me again-how cool is it in your part of the world? "Wishin and hoping"!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! They remind me of our little Wagtails :)
ReplyDeleteJust too cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful Bird. Great photo's susan. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't matter how many times I see them I always get excited when I see the blue wrens.
ReplyDeletebeautiful little wrens!! seems as though the ones you have there have more color to them than the ones here...but then i have to remember, you're in Australia...where there is such a variety of critter-life...bright colors!
ReplyDeletethat last shot is terrific!!
and i love how you know just what they're thinking!! :)
I love wrens! The nests they make are so involved too and to think the male makes several for the female to pick. It must be all he does.
ReplyDeleteHi there texwisgirl, they're so cute aren't they. This one was photographed on one of our walks in the bush. Yes, the colour is gorgeous - electric!
ReplyDeleteDebbie, I share your "sweet" spot - birds never cease to fascinate me. I envy you your gorgeous little visitors!
Blessings, oh, how delightful for a hummingbird to come so close to you like that! What a wonderful thing for you to experience ... most especially after that recent tornado. It would have brought with it a nice sense of peace :D)
DeeBee, you're right... they do have such a big personality. I love the little twittering sounds they make too. Quite distinctive. Glad you enjoy the posts :D)
Thanks Susan, and, yes, it was such a joy to come across the wrens (there were a few but I cut my losses and concentrated on just this one).
Ah, you want to know about our cool... well it's definitely been a two-dressinggown morning each day this week ;-) Dew on the grass and heavy frosts for the past two mornings. Get well soon won't you, and perhaps take your coffee - iced :D)
Desiree, there's such an infinite variety of gorgeous birds... the wagtails are just splendid as well. They also have that little fidgety busyness about them don't they :D)
Absolutely Angela :D)
Thanks Vi, glad you enjoyed them :D)
Joan Elizabeth, there can never be too many times can there!! What would we do without birds in our world.
Laura, we do have gorgeous varieties. However, there's no accounting for all the different colours and kinds of birds throughout the world. The colours of your woodpecker and cardinals, to name a few, amaze me. Also the bluebirds. Guess we all get used to what we have at home eh ;-) Thanks for your comments about my photos - I'm loving this camera.
Ha ha, sometimes I just amaze myself about how I know what they're thinking [*wink*] !!
Mary, I didn't know that the male wren make several nests. The work that goes into them, no wonder they're always on the move!!
Oh, and in regard to your comment to my previous post.... I'm keeping a look out on your blog for that picture you thought I'd like too Mary - you've got me real curious now ;-)
Great bird capture! I always get blurrs when I try to photograph birds! And your tree....now that is really cool. I have a rock close by that was carved on in 1903.
ReplyDeleteLinda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Hi Linda, thanks for that... you'd laugh if you saw how many I took to get just those ;-)
ReplyDeleteHow cool to know about your rock. That's an old carving. I'd be interested to see a photo of it - have you posted one?
A big pat to Fuzzy :D)
So cute, Susan. Yes I can imagine you have had to take many shots of these birds. They seem to dart around the place everywhere. I have a few families of willy wag tails at the moment, also very quick and active. Yesterday a family of fairy wrens moved in too....I was pleased as punch! So enjoyable to watch while having my coffee on the front patio. Maa
ReplyDeleteWonderful that you spotted this little moment.
ReplyDeleteHe is so beautiful, how could any girl resist.
ReplyDeleteMaa, how lucky are you having the wren families move in as well as the wagtails. You must have a really save haven for them which is lovely :D)
ReplyDeleteJenny, hi there and welcome to the blog, thank you for joining us :D)
Hi Diane, welcome back after your trip away. Lovely to have your comments again :D)
Yes, he's such a handsome little creature - not at all modest I expect ;-)
Lovely photos. I like the little patches of light on the ground. Have you considered filming these lively little birds?
ReplyDeleteThose fairy wrens are so amazing, I so wish we had them here! Thanks for sharing your great photos!
ReplyDeleteHi Lavi, they'd make a great subject for filming - I must remember to do that next time we go walking in that spot. Thank you :D)
ReplyDeleteCalling Ravens, they are aren't they! We're very lucky. Thanks for visiting :D)
Awwww... such wee darlings.
ReplyDeleteIn your garden, Susan?
Hi Vicki, they certainly are little darlings.
ReplyDeleteNo, still none in our garden ... of course, we know why ---- meow!!
They're in the open patches of a bush walk we do in Paynesville. At least we know where to find them.
How's your little family of wrens doing?
Our little family of wrens is doing well. The one with the wonky tail is going strong -- she now only has one feather for a tail, but it's not slowing her down at all.
ReplyDeleteVicki, aww that's great, I'm so glad to hear that all's well with them ... especially wonky tail. They love their home with you :D)
ReplyDelete