Monday, July 18, 2011

Come on, fancy a bit of a wander? Noooo, we're not trespassing - true dinks.

Ha ha, I'm just teasing... the sign belongs to the property further
up the road - trust me ;-)



See!  The gate to our property is   w   i  d  e   open...
practically begging for a visit.



Gorgeous view up the track
The coast is clear



.... and over to the right is this lovely old house.



Doesn't look like anyone's been home for many a decade.











Wooden shingles under there .... better have a closer look!





What a lot of stories this house could tell.







That was fun... thanks for coming along.


24 comments:

  1. oh, poor little forgotten place. (and shame on you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love exploring old places like that! Sadly, I rarely have the opportunity. This whole work thing takes up too much time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how much I enjoy exploring tumbledown houses :) This was so much fin, especially since the structure was large built of zinc. So different from the old ruins we have here, built largely of mud and daub, or stone and mud. This old lady looks as though she won't be standing much longer. It would be so interesting to know her history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd meant to say built of wood and zinc. Also, love your new header, Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would be fun to renovate the old house. But it's rather small :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like that house hasn't been tresspassed on for a long time :D Ruins are always fascinating, even the more recent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the invite. The scenery/view is gorgeous! I am one of those odd persons that is not bothered by dilapidated old buildings and indeed have a certain attraction to run down old fences and gates etc., so I love those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know i adore a good trespass. this was super fun, filled with awesome pictures.

    oooohhhhh the stories......

    and i LOVE the new header!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Susan
    One of the persk of rural living is seeing sights and views like that. I wonder who did just live there and when was it abandoned?
    Nice to see you recently and thanks for your comments
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. texwisgirl, ooooh yes, I was badly bad - good fun ;-)
    p.s. Hope you reconsidered ditching poor Rita ;-)


    Hi Mary, ah, yes, the work thing... it's got a lot to answer for hasn't it. Unfortunately, now I'm looking back on it - yikes.. where did all the years go :O


    Desiree, yes, I do know and the differences between our old style buildings is one of the lovely reasons I enjoy seeing your shots.
    It keeps amazing me just how much longer she can keep standing so under the cover of broad daylight, I made my move ;-)
    I love my bird header, but felt like a little change for a while - thank you!


    Jenny, it'd certainly come up well renovated - but, oh boy, rather you than me (w o r k!) :O


    That's right Lavi, it was just begging to be trespassed wasn't it ;-)


    Calling Ravens, um, no, not odd to love them - you're one of us as you can see ;-)


    Debbie, ha ha... I thought of you when you were turned away from your "trespass" interlude. I was ready with my answer if detained ... "It was Debbie's fault - she put the idea in my head!!"
    The old gate was pulled across the track for about a month or so after my visit. Not sure if it was to keep the stock in - or me out ;-)


    Hi Cathy, you're so right and, oh yes, I'm digging around trying to find a bit of its history. What a beautiful spot to have a home... except it's on a main road nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking me on a trespassing jaunt. The old house lends itself to poetic photography. You have done well. If only the walls could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very partial to abandoned buildings ... so enjoyed this post. Would love to have been there with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Susan these photos are fabulous.I really love them. I think that old house is the one I used to live in in Our Journey. B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your old house Susan, especially the fireplace. I bet it was a good one tho, at one time. Is that round thing a water tank? It's in an odd place. Your photos are really good-they tell an interesting story I bet! And I like your new photo on your header. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was fun!

    Thank you!!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos. House ruins have a certain charm, but I always feel sad when I see buildings abandoned to the elements.

    I like the NO TREAPASSING sign -- I tried to get more detail, but the image you've uploaded is only small. Can we see a close up of the sign... pretty please.

    Cheers
    Vicki

    P.S. Love your new banner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diane, you're very welcome! Oh yes, I could just feel the memories of times past while standing there :D)


    Joan Elizabeth, there's just something about old buildings isn't there. Can't pass them by without a bit of a look :D)


    Buttons, thank you.
    In that case, it would've brought back a whole heap of memories seeing these photos. Your journey writings are incredible :D)


    Susan, thank you... yes that's a water tank. I think its position is such that it's near to the back door - nearest to the kitchen perhaps.
    Thanks, glad you like the header :D)


    Linda, you're most welcome!


    Thanks Vicki, yes, this is a sad case - totally abandoned. Still, I like the fact its still there rather than being pulled down. A bit of local history... just got to dig out that history ;-)
    The trespassing sign photo is on its way to you. It's a beaut old handmade one isn't it :D)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the wander... what fun being in such close proximity to lovely walking areas....
    poor old house.... but, it does make for great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  19. BumbleVee, hi! I especially loved finding the original shingles under the tin roof :D)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing photos and thinking of all the stories of those pioneers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Annie, it was interesting driving past yesterday after all the rain. It appears flat there, however the water, whilst spread everywhere else, hadn't encroached on this old home and it's immediate surrounding land. They knew how to pick their spots back then!

    ReplyDelete
  22. every time sam and i are out & about and pass an old crumbling house...we look at each other and say "there's a handyman special!!" :)
    oh yeah...the stories they could tell....

    ReplyDelete
  23. oops...did my comment go thru?? i went to add something...and it disappeared...i hope it made it to you...

    anyway, was going to add...i like your new header!! love the dolphins!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Laura, I love how a lot of farmers leave these old buildings standing. They're truly local treasures.
    Thanks re comment about my header too :D)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx