Monday, June 27, 2011

A random little post, completely themeless....


This was popped in our letterbox.
We hope Blondie was found.



Perfect location,  walking distance into  town.
Sweeping views of .... a shed !



Now does that look like a pixie? Or am I just away with them ;)



My new rubber boots.
At last we ladies with thick-calf issues are now catered for!




"nah, no fish cleaning today - she just wants our picture"




Not an advertisement.
Just to show Cherri what a milo is. 



It's a bit cool this morning,
so I'm off to have my porridge
Stay warm everyone,
and for overseas friends, stay cool.

33 comments:

  1. Great Photo's. Well it sure looks like a pixie to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I love your boots they remind me I must get a pair sometime as mine leak and I do love those water shots.
    I see the pixie, nice photography as always. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Blondie is like my cockatiel she'll like the company of people so don't be surprised if she just drops out of the sky and lands on your shoulder. Mine did and scared 10 years life out of my neighbour! If you are dived on just walk quietly into the house with the bird still on your shoulder and close all windows and doors. Grainy biscuits/bread are a temporary substitute for birdseed.
    Love the garden pixie and the new garden boots :).
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! i was ALSO so stoked to find boots with the tab at the top! i have big thick calves and can't fit into so many types of boots! :)

    loved the pixie. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo! Some decent boots for us REAL gals. Love em'!

    Interesting pics, Susan....and yes that does look like you have a pixie in your garden. Maa

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Vi* yay, thank you - I sometimes get a bit carried away with my interpretations ;-)

    *Buttons* it's been years since I had proper boots - got so sick of wet socks, sneakers etc!! Yes, B, treat yourself ;-)

    *Robyn* I really appreciate all that info, thank you. We keep our eyes peeled for Blondie - the notice is on our frig door. It was a good idea of Tess (Blondie's owner) to distribute these flyers.

    *Texwisgirl* yes, it's great to pull them on and not have them crinkle up and go all puckish ;-)

    *Maa* yay - thick calves rool!!

    **So glad everyone could see the pixies too ;-)**

    ReplyDelete
  7. themeless but fun!!!

    i love the boots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On my way to bed, but had to pop over to your blog of surprises! A fun collection today, really like the ducks, and, yes, I believe that's a Pixie! Susan, cute boots, yep! they're made for walkin'! I, too, hope Blondie was found...your porridge looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a collection today Susan!
    As for the overseas Blogfriends...guess what...the weather changed from downpours to baking hot over the week-end. This morning I had the delightful sensation of "smelling' the summer day, you know, with all these exquisite fragrances. Each season has its "fragrance print" and I was longing for the summer one, but here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope poor Blondie finds her way home, I'd be fretting if my birdie was out there somewhere alone.

    I would love a living in that house, old falling down sheds have so much character. I'd prob give it a name too. Lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. pixie in my eyes as well. I love your Point Of View. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a pixie!

    Your boots are fetching too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FUN post!
    love the boots! a pixie...or little elf...is that the same thing? LOVE the pelicans and the old boarded up shed! i hope Blondie finds her way home. an Milo is my cat! :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Debbie* thank you kindly. So glad to find those boots :D)

    *Susan* Ha ha, I've been trying to think who sang that song 'these boots were made for walkin')... didn't google it either - it's a bit late for the old memory to be quick but, yes, I remember - Nancy Sinatra ;-)

    *DeeBee* hi, and your morning sounded delightful. I do know what you mean about the fragrances. I love the different sounds too. Certain types of birds for each season, and the insects... cicadas, crickets etc.

    *Kat* yes, I keep wondering that too. It was interesting reading what Robyn wrote earlier. The Cockatiels seem really friendly birds, obviously make great pets.
    I agree with you about the old sheds... I'm not sure I'd like to be quite so close as that house is to its shed though ;-)

    *Deb* thanks muchly. I often see things in shadows, am real pleased others could see my pixie ;-)

    *Mary* hi there - thank you, I feel quite smart striding around in them too :D)

    *Laura* I like taking potluck with my photos sometimes, so glad it was enjoyed!
    The pelicans are so nice aren't they - I have so many near misses of them scooping fish up and swallowing them... one day I'll capture it!
    Ah yes, another Milo - yours would probably like a taste of mine I'm thinking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say, the boots look great. I didn't know they made them so fancy, since they're usually meant for getting muddy.

    When I saw the "fish cleaning" and pelicans pics, I imagined the pelicans would say "they want us to clean the fish before eating it?".

    Nice photos. I also hope Blondie finds her way home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the gumboots, and yes I do believe it is a pixie.
    Enjoy your porrage, its just soooo cold this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find your random bits and pieces such fun ... I never know what to expect next.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a warm post...how cool! love the boots, and yes, that IS a pixie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup....it's gonna be a scorcher here today! +29C ..... and... due to all the moisture over the past few weeks.. the cycle is not yet broken so later, we may also have..you guessed it... thunderstorms! and more rain...
    I'll begin golfing tonight with the ladies at about 3:00...storms predicted for oh, ..about 6:00...we'll be just over halfway finished the 18 holes... and if there is lightning..we will be hailed off the course. One of the worst places for being struck by lightning it seems... golf courses....

    If that happens...we'll just go into the clubhouse for a drink.... hahahha...so it will still be good....

    ReplyDelete
  20. *Lavi*, oh yes, a girl's (even an oldie) still gotta be fashionable when sloshing around in mud ;-)
    I love your take on the pelicans ... funny :D) - I see on the sidebar you've just published a book of poems - congrats, and I shall pop over and have a look.


    Thanks *Angela*, yes, I think it's going to be the same brekky this morning as well - lots of honey stirred in for good measure ;-)


    *Joan Elizabeth*, thank you, ha ha ... even I never know what to expect either!!


    *Dmarie*, hi and thanks... glad you enjoyed it :D)


    Oooooh *BumbleVee*, I'm thinking you're going to have to slather up in mozzie (mosquito) protection, with all that humidity. Just a quick calc, but, I think as I write... it's about time for those predicted storms over your way - I'll send good wishes that they keep away. Then again, retiring to the clubhouse doesn't sound too bad either ;-) Have fun either way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great boots! And I TOO believe in Pixies!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. We would be delighted to know a bit more about how you make bears.
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. *Terry and Linda* hi and thanks, the boots are coming in very handy these mornings which are heavy with dew. Yay... another pixie believer :D)


    *Michael and Hanne*, a big welcome to my blog! I must explain that the bear in this post and the bear over in my sidebar are both gifts to me by loved ones - I didn't make them. However, I do make bears (in my own self-taught style) and am happy to let you know a bit about that.
    Here's a link to a post in which I introduce 2 bears I made years ago: There's a Bear in There.
    Also, here's a link to a handcraft blog I started, but didn't continue with. In it I show my step by step procedure of making a special little bear: Home Made this n thats
    Thanks very much for your interest :D)

    ReplyDelete
  24. *Michael and Hanne*, just as I published the above reply to your comment I also thought I'd give you a link to BumbleVee's blog. The "Bearister" Bookcase
    Vee makes the cutest little bears and, if you've never been to her blogspot I'm sure you'll be most delighted to see her creativity :D)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely eclectic collection of photos. I hope Blondie found her way home okay.

    Love your new trendy gumboots. Where did you find them? Mine are black clunky things, thought they do the job.

    Milo… yuk, yuk, yuk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks *Vicki* :D) Yes, I hope Blondie's ok too.
    I've been wearing my trendy boots every day now - lovin' them! Got them from Coles one night when we were on a lolly-run ;-) I felt like Cinderella ... every other boot I tried didn't fit 'cos of my cankles LOL :D)
    Ha ha, Vicki, have you ever tried it on top of cold milk - or sprinkled on icecream?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Susan, Yep, you're right...Nancy Sinatra. I always liked that song even tho it is kind of Korny! Hope you're doing well-send some of that cool air this way. I'm still trying to catch up. And, I hope your husband has gotten better.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The rest of my family used to eat Milo by the spoonful every which way.

    I don't like drinking chocolate either. Or chocolate milkshakes or chocolate ice cream. But I do like chocolate. Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so skilled at your this 'n that posts, Susan! You always leave us with a smile on our faces :) Love your new boots, those two Pelican's are priceless with their cheeky comment. Milo is a yummy way to end a day when the weather is cold! I absolutely saw a pixie too!!! It looks quite rural where you live...please take us on a few more neighbourhood walks :)

    Big hug,
    Des xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Susan,

    I thought I'd just comment on your lovely words on my posts. Thank you, I can't believe my girls are 15 and 16 already! I'm trying to slow down time as I know before long it will be time for them to fly off as the other 3 did. I'm finding that a day out, here or there is so good for us, it's such a different emphasis than at home which is a bit routine at times. They are very studious people so for me to get them away from the books is doing well. We're also going through out Jane Austin period at the moment and that's good too.
    I have gum boot envy! I'd even go to Woolies in them!
    Have a lovely week,
    Vickixx

    ReplyDelete
  31. *Susan* hi again .. ha ha, I think those songs have a lot more staying power than some ;-) Yep, doing ok thanks... hubby got better, re-caught cold. I caught his cold then re-caught it - so far we're 2-all in the cold stakes :D) It does sound hot over your side of the world. Think I still like our coolth though!!


    Egads *Vicki*!! For a horrible moment there I thought you were going to include ~chocolate~ in your list of don't likes - whew ;-)


    *Desiree* thanks very much - I'm real glad you enjoyed the post. I have fun putting together the little bits n pieces. It's sort of like my garden, lots of things all jumbled together... strange thing is, I can see order in all that chaos ;-)


    *Vicki M* hi, yes, I enjoy following your different outings and even the simplest of days can be the most memorable as you've shown ;-)
    I'm glad our gumboots have been smartened up a bit, ha ha, they're lots of fun :D)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Susan, what cool cowgirl rubber boots! And the porridge looks scrumptious--yummmmm. Hope Blondie finds her home :( The Pixie really was there! Thank you for the special pic of the Milo...it'll be the first thing I order when/if I ever get over to the land of DownUnder (and I'm having Vicki's portion too, since she doesn't like it. LOL!:-))

    Cherri
    P.S. The simplicity in the shed touches a soft spot in me. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pics and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi *Cherri* thanks for your visit! Oh yes, I love porridge - with lots of honey stirred in :D)
    Ha ha, no, Vicki won't mind giving you he portion at all!!
    The old buildings just keep holding themselves up don't they - am real glad you enjoyed the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx