Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Orange Marmalade ... Grevillea, that is

The curly shapes of the Grevillea flowers are so enchanting.
Their intricacies delight.
Here are some of the stages of growth I found, all on the same bush, down at the end of our block. Enjoy.



perhaps a little closer ......











G.venusta x G.flossadenia Grevillea 'Orange Marmalade'



9 comments:

  1. I love grevillea. Great series of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing plants at every stage

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ Hi Diane, thank you very much. I think they're just lovely as well :D)

    ~ Annie, yes, I think that's what appeals most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very nice plants I have never seen them before. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ Buttons, I'm thrilled that you've seen them for the first time here... in my blog :)
    There are many grevillea-lovers in Australia. It's those gorgeous little curly bits that get us in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~mmmm, orange marmalade. I've never seen this type of bush before. It's really georgeous, and your photos of it are great Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ Many thanks Susan, I love its name too! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it smells sweet too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. > Sorry Mary, no smell (that I can detect)... yet. Perhaps, once it matures and its nectar is in full production.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx