Saturday, May 7, 2011

Froggie's in on the joke too


Shopping Day. I was copying my shopping list from the blackboard into my notebook. "Butter, shampoo & conditioner, powdered mustard, cat bran, aspirin, curry powder"... CAT BRAN ????  what?  *scratch head* we don't even have a cat! CAT Bran??? [oh boy, what project had I dreamed up (and promptly forgotten)  now?] .... come to that, what is cat bran? and so it went.  


Turned around to ask MD what he thoug.....   oh, the cheeky man - was sitting watching me and quietly laughing his head off.  


Mystery solved:  OAT Bran .... guess who rubbed half the O off!!! 


And, Froggie sat there all the time  -  in on the joke :D)

16 comments:

  1. That's one mischievous little frog you have living with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan you always make me laugh. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! You really had me going...I've had cats and never heard of "cat bran". Nor do I know of a cat who would eat any bran. That was cute, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ Hi Desiree, yes, he's a tricky fellow all right ;-)

    ~ Thanks Maa, and have a nice weekend :D)

    ~ Ha ha... thank you kindly Buttons!

    ~ Susan, I was totally sucked in ... so am glad I'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its cute to have a joker for a husband. I have one too. He writes on the shopping list. Chockies for dad about 5 or 6 times in between real items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Froggie strikes again! Good thing you didn't have to find out at the supermarket by asking for "one pack of cat bran, please".

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ Diane, it is indeed! Oh I love the 'Chockies for dad'... ha ha, that would come under the "Essential Items" heading on the list no doubt ;-)

    ~ Lavi, definitely! LOL :D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like something my better half would do. Boys will be boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~ Aw, sorry Annie, I missed your little hee hor there on the 8th!! Good to have a laugh isn't it :D)

    ~ Vicki, gorgeous aren't they ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~ Blogger, during its recent problems, had deleted this comment. I've copied it from my email

    ~ Vicki Tyley "Sounds like something my better half would do. Boys will be boys. :)"

    ~ ha ha, thanks Vicki. Also, Annie... I'm sorry I'd missed your Hee Hor - thanks for the visit :D) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. by the time you got to the cat bran you needed one of those aspirin..hahahhaa....

    ReplyDelete
  12. > LOL, that's right BumbleVee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. > Thanks Mary, glad you enjoyed ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx