Thank you for the welcoming comments I found in my previous post. They were a delightful surprise and I am looking forward to popping over to everyones' blogs in the next few days to catch up.
This is just a short post to get back into the swing of things again.... also a good excuse not to start unpacking the suitcases ;-)
We had a lot of fun being with our family. We were able to share in a very special birthday for our sweet eldest granddaughter, and to join in the preparations for her party.
![]() |
| No helium needed.... just rub balloons quickly against hair and it makes enough static to keep them clinging to the ceiling all night !!!!!! |
Our dear youngest granddaughter was not feeling the best, so we were able to bore her senseless with endless games of Boggle, Scrabble and whatever her heart desired ;-)
![]() |
| [George Bear is showing how sick his mummy was] |
Will be back later with more details of our fun with the family... including a recipe for our daughter's most Scrumdiddlyumptious Mud Pie Cake Easy Peasy (oil-free) Recipe EVA!!!




Hello Susan
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed your time with the family - hope your little one is feeling much better now.
Ours used to love the balloon rubbing trick - our children and the granchildren!
Take care
Cathy
sounds like you had a fun time!!
ReplyDeletei love to bake and can't wait for the recipe, even the name sounds delish!!!
WELCOME HOME, SUSAN! So glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your family...I was disappointed to see my last comment didn't appear...Blogger really has been messing everyone around again! Anyway, it's so good to know you're safely home and we look forward to hearing your news...once you've settled back into your routine and re-established your stride. I always need a few days to settle when I've been away from home ;)
ReplyDeleteBig hug,
Des xoxo
Welcome back Susan. Sounds like you had an enjoyable week with your family celebrating your granddaughter's Bday...
ReplyDeleteKind regards, DeeBee
> Cathy, hi and, yes, thankyou, she's feeling a lot better. LOL, it was the first I'd heard of the balloon thing... a good trick! Back home now, I feel like buying a pack of balloons and doing that here, just for the heck of it!!
ReplyDelete> Debbie, hi! We did indeed, thanks :D) Oh, yes, that cake is so nice - our daughter did a fabulous job of it too. She's always made her girls special birthday cakes. She rattled that name off too... quick as a wink ;-)
> Desiree, thanks very much! I was disappointed to learn of your lost comment too... I double checked, but, no. Seems we're to have these glitches for a while. Lovely to receive this one :D)
> DeeBee, thank you kindly. Yes, we did indeed. It was a lovely time :D)
Oh what a special time, I am happy you got to spend time with family. Birthday parties are especially special.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back looking forward to the recipe. B
Susan, what a pretty photo of the cards and flower arrangement. And I don't blame you for not wanting to unpack-it's an undesirable task! But, I like the balloon idea...I never thought of that. And I will remember to try it the next time my grandson comes. He loves balloons! The grandchildren can really be fun, can't they?
ReplyDelete> Buttons, hi and thanks. It was a really lovely time for us all. Good catching up with all the family as well.
ReplyDelete> Susan, thank you - the flower arrangement was from one of our granddaughter's friends. She was delighted!
I decided a 'nanna nap' was on the cards and, when I finally re-emerged, MD had done all the unpacking. Much to my total delight!
The balloon trick is a beauty, thrills everyone I reckon!!
Sonds like you had loads of fun with family.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDelete> Diane, thank you ... we certainly did. The grandchildren grow up so fast don't they. Ours are lovely teenagers now :D)
ReplyDelete> Mary, thanks very much :D)