Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bean Bag Stuffed .... but its still hungry!!

Thanks very much to those kind bloggers, one and all, for giving suggestions, tips, encouragement, and laughs in regard to our bean bag making. A real team effort !


MD announced the final plan of action would be to leave a small hole open at the top of the lining and cover, peel back and anchor the edges with pegs.
Cut just a small corner of the plastic bag containing the poly beans, thrust the plastic bag as far into the bean bag as possible. So that is what we did. We held it very firmly and, very gently, shook the plastic bag to encourage a downward flow of beans.


It worked!! Yay. 
It should be said, however, that this was definitely a job for 2 people and, as we found, attention could not stray for even a micro-second.... those poly beans were just waiting to float up and out. In the end, only a tiny amount escaped because someone (and she shall remain nameless) moved.




We now find we've created the "Biggest Bean Bag in the Universe"!!  2 x 500g bags of poly beans are not enough.  So, off  into town tomorrow for more .... will seek out that shop assistant and bore her senseless with tales of our victory.


On to the second bean bag now, following a downsized width adjustment to the panels. 


Next weekend we'll go for a picnic ;-) 
Cheers :D

8 comments:

  1. Next weekend's picnic sounds like a great alternative to and reward for the tricky beanbag filling exercise! From these pictures, it looked like quite a feat in agility, too...but after this, I'm sure you'll be beanbag making experts...want to start a new business???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ Desiree, it ended up with us having a lot of laughs... especially about the size of the first one.
    Picnic - yes! New business -Ha Ha
    Lovely to have you pop over again :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He, he he I was wondering how you'd go but didn't have any constructive comments to offer about it. I've been caught by making the 'huge' homemade bean bag before. At 3 bags of beans I stopped, went crazy and emptied it out into the bathtub and ran the sides in, which meant I had to put a couple of thin pleats in the base. I had a feeling I'd never see my child again if I'd let them sit in that HUGE bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy lolling around in that giant bag! Not that I find getting into anything that low comfortable these days. Would you believe it where I work one of the meeting rooms is equipped with bean bags ... meant to encourage creative thinking during the meeting I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ LOL Robyn, oh boy you're a more patient woman than I, and after all the sewing that goes into one too. Well done is what I say to you!
    Oh well, at least you saved your child from becoming lost.... we'll issue our grandchildren with a packed lunch and directions on how to find their way out of ours ;-)

    ~ Hi Joan Elizabeth, no, and it's not exactly the best look us older ones getting out of them either ;-) I used to love them as a teenager, drove everyone crazy with the squeaking noise they made - bright orange vinyl if I remember correctly!
    Oh dear, perhaps bean bags at work, for a meeting, might be more likely to encourage creative napping ... guess it depends what the meeting's about :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well yeah, you got it figured out and those pesky pellets stayed put....fun project to read about - very creative of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try and sketch your banner, is that okay? It's such a wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ~ Sandy, and thank you, we're quite happy with the results :D)

    Wow - yes.... I'd be absolutely thrilled for you to sketch my banner!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx