Froggy certainly made a meal of those tomatoes...he's rather a messy eater, isn't he?!
I'm delighted to hear you've enjoying delving back through my archives, Susan! Thank you SO MUCH for your lovely comments...also, I'm really happy to know you'd copied the nectar feeders in my garden...I wish we could claim they were our own design ;) They are made locally and I agree it's a clever and attractive option...and they do work very well. I'd love to hear how you get on with yours!
Susan, I planted one tomato seedling in a box this year and I'm still eating them today. It has been one of the best little crops I have had in a long time. Maybe because there were no other crops this year, the insects couldn't be bothered searching this one out. The taste is unbelievable too. Maa.
~ Ah ha! Well said Hazel, he just laughed at me, as he quickly hopped out of my reach. Thank you ;-)
~ Hi Cherri, hmmm ... he did indeed :O I'm glad he gave you a LOL! Froggie lives to do that actually - he just goes about it the wrong way sometimes.
~ Desiree, unfortunately, this is Froggie at his best table manners. I daren't post him at his worst :-( I enjoy working my way through blogs - I find I miss out on absolute treasures otherwise! Aw, no matter who designed them, the nectar feeder will still be the Desiree Feeder! For other bloggers' info, here's the post in Desiree's blog that inspired us http://driftwoodramblings.blogspot.com/2011/01/feathers-of-emerald-and-cochineal.html
MD gave our Grevillea a real prune today, and I'm talking a Number 1 cut.... a buzz cut!. So he hung the feeder out for the birds by way of compensation. They all went hysterical at first "where's our tree"?, but now they're investigating. Will do a post later on.
~ Hi Maa, isn't it just the best thing when you get on to a tomato that keeps on keeping on!! I have a theory that only a particular variety for a particular garden and its conditions will thrive. Try others and no go. These ferals just came up in our yard, run rampant for 3 months and have never had a disease in the 4 years this has been happening :D)
~ LOL, and thanks Dmarie... oh, I think I'll tell Froggie that. He's still hiding his sticky tomato face away in shame since I caught him in the act. Buck him up a bit ;-)
Susan darn frog. Oh tomatoes out of the garden I look forward to that now I am still looking at snow but is supposed to get up to 10c this week yeah. B
Froggie is adorable! We have a folksong here in the US called Froggie Went a'Courtin', and if he wishes to win Miss Mousie he better clean up his act!!
~ Yes Buttons, it's definitely time for your snow to start melting eh! Fingers crossed for that :D)
~ Diane, lol, he's just wooed you with his big innocent eyes (they get me every time too!). I'm always amazed at the spots the tomatoes pick in the garden - most unlikely, but they know!
~ Mary, ha ha, that he is indeed. Oh, yes, we know that folksong too. You're right you know... hmmmm, then again, Miss Mousie may like a bit of a scruffy fella unbeknownst to us ;-)
~ LOL Cathy, that's funny... yes, he had to hop off in a hurry all right ;-)
~ Thanks Sandy, the banner photo is an Eastern Spinebill - one of my favourite honeyeaters, taken just outside our loungeroom window.
The shape of my 'flower for Japan' reminded me of a little Japanese lantern hanging from a stick. I went for a walk in the garden after seeing another news report on TV about the tsunami.... looked across and there it was :D
Wow Susan...and as far as I know they are called "bleeding heart" - at least over here. It's gorgeous..as is that bird..eastern spinebill - have to look that up....
love that flower! and it's very Zen looking to me.
~ Sandy, thankyou for the name, and for your comments. The love of flowers and gardens, and things that dwell in them, is universal isn't it. Cheers :D)
Bad, bad froggie! LOL
ReplyDeleteSusan, looks like Froggie beat you to them. LOL!
ReplyDeleteCherri
Froggy certainly made a meal of those tomatoes...he's rather a messy eater, isn't he?!
ReplyDeleteI'm delighted to hear you've enjoying delving back through my archives, Susan! Thank you SO MUCH for your lovely comments...also, I'm really happy to know you'd copied the nectar feeders in my garden...I wish we could claim they were our own design ;) They are made locally and I agree it's a clever and attractive option...and they do work very well. I'd love to hear how you get on with yours!
Hugs,
Des
xoxo
Susan, I planted one tomato seedling in a box this year and I'm still eating them today. It has been one of the best little crops I have had in a long time. Maybe because there were no other crops this year, the insects couldn't be bothered searching this one out. The taste is unbelievable too. Maa.
ReplyDelete*chuckle* too cute!
ReplyDelete~ Ah ha! Well said Hazel, he just laughed at me, as he quickly hopped out of my reach. Thank you ;-)
ReplyDelete~ Hi Cherri, hmmm ... he did indeed :O
I'm glad he gave you a LOL! Froggie lives to do that actually - he just goes about it the wrong way sometimes.
~ Desiree, unfortunately, this is Froggie at his best table manners. I daren't post him at his worst :-(
I enjoy working my way through blogs - I find I miss out on absolute treasures otherwise!
Aw, no matter who designed them, the nectar feeder will still be the Desiree Feeder! For other bloggers' info, here's the post in Desiree's blog that inspired us
http://driftwoodramblings.blogspot.com/2011/01/feathers-of-emerald-and-cochineal.html
MD gave our Grevillea a real prune today, and I'm talking a Number 1 cut.... a buzz cut!. So he hung the feeder out for the birds by way of compensation. They all went hysterical at first "where's our tree"?, but now they're investigating. Will do a post later on.
~ Hi Maa, isn't it just the best thing when you get on to a tomato that keeps on keeping on!! I have a theory that only a particular variety for a particular garden and its conditions will thrive. Try others and no go. These ferals just came up in our yard, run rampant for 3 months and have never had a disease in the 4 years this has been happening :D)
~ LOL, and thanks Dmarie... oh, I think I'll tell Froggie that. He's still hiding his sticky tomato face away in shame since I caught him in the act. Buck him up a bit ;-)
Susan darn frog. Oh tomatoes out of the garden I look forward to that now I am still looking at snow but is supposed to get up to 10c this week yeah. B
ReplyDeleteI love Mr Frog even though he's a bi naughty. Can't beat feral tomatoes. I just wish they would come up i the right place.
ReplyDeleteFroggie is adorable! We have a folksong here in the US called Froggie Went a'Courtin', and if he wishes to win Miss Mousie he better clean up his act!!
ReplyDeleteFeral tomatoes, love that.
~ Yes Buttons, it's definitely time for your snow to start melting eh! Fingers crossed for that :D)
ReplyDelete~ Diane, lol, he's just wooed you with his big innocent eyes (they get me every time too!).
I'm always amazed at the spots the tomatoes pick in the garden - most unlikely, but they know!
~ Mary, ha ha, that he is indeed. Oh, yes, we know that folksong too. You're right you know... hmmmm, then again, Miss Mousie may like a bit of a scruffy fella unbeknownst to us ;-)
I'm sure if you asked nicely, he'd share...
ReplyDeleteNothing like homegrown tomatoes, is there?
What a naughty little Froggie...i know what i am talking about...being French!
ReplyDelete~ Hmmm Vicki, Froggie is a bit of a drama-frog, so you never know which way he'll hop!
ReplyDeleteYum, homegrowns are the best :D))
~ DeeBee, LOL... that's cute ;-)
Bad froggie indeed but he does have good taste in tomatoes so you told him to hop it before he croaked and get out of your pad
ReplyDeleteNice blog here. I love that banner photo. And that "bleeding heart"...I think that's the name - flower you posted on your sidebar for people of Japan.
ReplyDelete~ LOL Cathy, that's funny... yes, he had to hop off in a hurry all right ;-)
ReplyDelete~ Thanks Sandy, the banner photo is an Eastern Spinebill - one of my favourite honeyeaters, taken just outside our loungeroom window.
The shape of my 'flower for Japan' reminded me of a little Japanese lantern hanging from a stick. I went for a walk in the garden after seeing another news report on TV about the tsunami.... looked across and there it was :D
Wow Susan...and as far as I know they are called "bleeding heart" - at least over here. It's gorgeous..as is that bird..eastern spinebill - have to look that up....
ReplyDeletelove that flower! and it's very Zen looking to me.
~ Sandy, thankyou for the name, and for your comments. The love of flowers and gardens, and things that dwell in them, is universal isn't it.
ReplyDeleteCheers :D)